Few of my favourite things…

by Khushboo on November 9, 2012

First & Foremost…

1) My readers: A big thanks for the messages I received after my last post.  The comments all blew me away and reminded me why I love blogging: to communicate with other like-minded individuals who understand where I’m coming from :) !

2) Incline walking:  I traded in my run on Tuesday for walking at various inclines on the treadmill, and ended up having such a great workout.  I enjoyed the change of pace (literally) and I could definitely feel different leg muscles being used.  Whoever says that walking doesn’t count as a legit workout either needs to speed it up or steep it up.

3) Obama: I know I know, all this politics talk is getting old but I just need to say it once more: Obama is a stud!  Looks aside, I can’t help but to fall more & more in love with him and Michelle… especially after hearing his acceptance speech. They’re such an inspiring duo who will undoubtedly make a huge difference to both the US and the rest of the world.  Say it with me: Once you go Barack, you ain’t going back ;) !

4) And speaking of the US government, did anyone watch Ben Affleck’s latest movie Argo?   I spent a majority of the film sitting at the edge of my seat with fear of what would happen to the hostages.  It’s so surreal to think that this incident actually happened 33 years ago.

5) Mexican Quinoa Egg Scramble: Quoting the email I sent my sister: I know I exaggerate a lot, but this lunch is AMAZING.  I’m still on a quinoa kick and this has just taken it to another level…actually no, the salsa took it to the next level.

6) Happy news: Even though it’s been over a week since my friend-who-is-basically-a-sister Sapi and her fiancé Rishi announced their engagement, I can’t stop smiling every time I think of it.  I can’t think of anyone better suited for the both of them, and am thrilled to say the least. So once again a huge congratulations to them!  And a random fun fact: if it wasn’t for Sapi, I would have never started blogging so I guess I kinda owe her :)

What’s a favorite of yours from this past week?

Parita November 9, 2012 at 7:38 pm

We love you too, K! With that, don’t ever stop blogging. :)

And incline walking IS a great workout. I brought along some light handweights last weekend and let’s just say I was a little tired.

I made acorn squash last night and baked an egg in the middle. It was delicious! And fancy.

Khushboo November 10, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Oh wow that dinner does sound fancy…and delicious…and genius all at the same time! Thanks for the idea :D

TorontoRunner November 9, 2012 at 9:15 pm

<3 I hope you have a great weekend love!

Before I started running, I only did incline walking (I was so scared that if I ran, I'll fly off the treadmill lol). That walking REALLY is such a great exercise and I probably need to bring it back into my routine to change things up again!

Khushboo November 10, 2012 at 3:58 pm

It really was a nice change from running…and I’m thinking all that uphill work has to benefit my running in some way!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. November 9, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Gah! Congratulations to your friend’s engagement! Maybe it’s my current boy craziness, but hearing those kind of stories just make me gush :D And girl, when people tell me that walking doesn’t make a good workout, I just want to smack them. Not only can you get a great workout in, but it’s soooo much easier on the joints. Me and walking… we’re tight ;)

Khushboo November 10, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Haha I’m the same- such a sucker for romance :) ! Let me know if you want me to hold those crazy people so that you can smack ‘em well!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig November 9, 2012 at 11:34 pm

You’re turning into a bodybuilder with the incline walking instead of running, haha ;)

Khushboo November 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Hahaha I couldn’t expect any other comment from you ;) !

Alex @ therunwithin November 9, 2012 at 11:59 pm

inclined walking is no freaking joke! it is a major killer. Happy friday!

Khushboo November 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Hope you had a great Friday too :) !

caloricandcrazy November 10, 2012 at 4:00 am

The egg scramble looks AWESOME! Aww congrats to your friends :D !

Khushboo November 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Thanks so much on her behalf :D !

Jess November 10, 2012 at 6:43 am

Such a happy post!!! Congrats to your friends, that is awesome!!! Two of my good friends told me they are pregnant, made me so happy!!!

Khushboo November 10, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Congrats to your friends too…it’s nice to be able to celebrate their joys with them :)

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish November 11, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I just finished a fantastic incline walking workout, and couldn’t agree with you more–it really DOES work different muscles! Plus, I love the fact that I can read my favorite magazines (today I read all about Justin and Jessica’s wedding) while I’m doing it. The same definitely can’t be said for running!

I love your love for Obama! I never say anything on my blog because this country is so politically divided (and I have good friends who are ardent Republicans) but I am SO relieved that he was re-elected! I think I might love Michelle even more though; that woman is a rock star in every possible way!

Your quinoa-egg scramble looks AMAZING. I’ve never thought about combining those two, but I’ll certainly be giving it a try. And last but not least, CONGRATS to Sapi and Rishi! What a gorgeous and happy-looking couple! xoxo <3

Khushboo November 12, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Ah after I published my post, I wondered whether it was risky to mention politics..but then again, I think (or at least hope) we are all mature enough to respect each other’s political preferences! I am always stumped when asked the “If you could dine with one person, who would it be” question but now I definitely know that my choice would be Michelle Obama….love her!

honeywhatscooking November 12, 2012 at 8:46 am

I love Barack too… they are a beautiful couple and you can see the love they still have for one another after 20 years. i’m so happy he won and i hope we see a big difference in the US economy this term. Love your Mexican scrambled eggs. I cooked a lot this week.. i made pumpkin hot chocolate which was really good, enjoyed the Gingerbread latte at Starbucks, and bought a bunch of food items for Hurricane Sandy for donation… feels good to be able to make a difference in someone’s life.

Khushboo November 12, 2012 at 12:49 pm

That really is so thoughtful of you to donate to victims of Hurricane Sandy. The smallest gestures all add up, and can make a world of difference to those in need :) !

Sig November 12, 2012 at 9:04 am

heheh GOBAMA!! :)

That tready incline workout looks HARD…and right up my alley :D Everytime I get lazy about what to eat – you always have an awesome meal on your blog – am going to make this Mexican quinoa :D

And congrats to your friends!

Khushboo November 12, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Haha which tready workout looks hard…I didn’t post any ;) ! Hope you enjoy the Mexican quinoa!

Ameena Din November 12, 2012 at 11:42 am

Is there anything salsa doesn’t make 10 X better? Seriously? The quinoa looks delicious…

Congrats to your friend. She is gorgeous! Love the picture.

Hope you are having a great weekend so far…

Khushboo November 12, 2012 at 12:50 pm

FINALLY your comment came through – thanks for your multiple attempts :) ! And I completely agree about salsa…same goes for hummus!

Alexis @ Hummusapien November 13, 2012 at 6:35 am

I’ve been really into incline walking, too! I find that if I run a few miles at a steady speed I’m waaaaay less tired than if I were to do a more intense 20 minute run. I’m all for the shorter workouts!!

Khushboo November 13, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I agree…as much as I love steady workouts, sometimes more intense sessions are just so much more efficient!