There have been very few posts which I’m hesitant to click “Publish”, and this was one of them. As I hope that in some way others can relate, I’m going to be honest on my blog about my goals. I have lost a heck load of weight in the past, about 60 lbs total. When I look at photos, sometimes I can’t even recognize the “before” version of me. I feel proud at how far I’ve come & by no means consider myself fat. That being said, I want to lose a bit of weight over the next few weeks. Nothing drastic but I’d be happy with shedding 6-7 lbs, maybe even less when the time comes.
I know I don’t “need” to & I know I look fine the way I am. However I can feel myself becoming a bit too lax with my eating habits lately. My clothes fit fine, but I know they could fit better. Especially with the holiday season coming up, I rather go into it looking my best. I am not doing it for anyone or any reason except for wanting to feel amazing every time I look in the mirror. As for knocking off these few pounds, my approach is going to be different to before:
- I am not counting points/calories
- I am not going to amp up the intensity of my workouts
- I am not going to stay away from all desserts completely
- I am not going to reduce the size of my meals
- I am not going to just eat egg whites with veggies and consider it a meal
- I’m not going to use a weighing scale as an indicator of my efforts
In other words, I am not planning to take any drastic measures. After carefully assessing my diet, two main things stood out to me:
1) Eating out of habit: The one that comes to mind most is ending my meals with chocolate. It became more of a habit I became accustomed to doing daily as opposed to satisfying a craving. While I have no plans to give up chocolate or stop eating it regularly, I just want to be mindful about my consumption….both of chocolate and just food in general.
2) Too many BLTs: I’m not talking about any bacon, lettuce & tomato sandwiches, but more like a few bites of almonds here, licks of peanut butter there and tastes of everything in between. Ultimately these all add up. Even if I’m not consciously counting calories, it’s these little in-between, absent-mindedly eaten snacks that are hindering my efforts.
If I want to see a change, I need to make a change. And right now that means getting these two habits under control. Now that I know what needs to be done, it’s time to actually do it So yeah, cheers to November !
What are your goals for November?