Blogging at the airport might be the next big thing. For one thing, I know my wallet prefers this method of killing time (as opposed to duty free purchases which I probably don’t need). Other than free WiFi & Pinkberry in the Dubai airport, I thought I’d reflect on some of the things I am digging lately…the UAE edition.
- Muttabul: Ketchup & hummus are 2 condiments which I couldn’t live without…at least not for long! Although I did certainly lap up the latter during the past 6 days, do I dare say hummus is borderline passé? My fork seemed to gravitate more towards the bowl of muttabul: a dip made of grilled aubergines, garlic, tahini and lemon juice.
- Sahar Leila Mukhi: My cousin and his wife gave birth to their first child in November and I finally got to see her. This bundle of joy is the most beautiful and well-behaved baby I have ever seen. Considering how much she smiles and how rare she cries, Sahar has officially raised the bar for all future babies.
- Burj Khalifa: As the world’s tallest building (2,723 feet tall), this skyscraper is a masterpiece in Downtown Dubai. It seems to be like the moon: regardless of where I went, the Burj was always in site. As remarkable as it looks from the outside, the view from the 124th floor was simply surreal.
- Breaking the Fast Outdoors: The weather in Dubai during my trip was ideal: sunny with a breeze in the air. Despite the occasional flies, I enjoyed my tea and breakfast on the porch every morning. Vitamin D intake? Cha-check!
- Manicures: If you haven’t had a manicure in Dubai, you’ll probably think this sounds absurd: manicures in that country are nothing less than perfection. Regardless of the parlor, the finish is ALWAYS immaculate and actually last more than 24 hours :).
- Moshi Moshi Handset: The purpose of these is to reduce exposure to potentially harmful cell phone radiation by 96%. That’s all well and good but I can’t lie: part of the reason behind me buying & using the Moshi Moshi is because of its retro look- totally something DJ Tanner from Full House used :).
- Cupcakes & Meat…Not together naturally ;)! I always thought that cupcakes weren’t my ‘thing’ because I’m not normally a fan of icing. Clearly I’ve been eating the wrong kind of icing because after this scrumptious carrot cake cupcake (craving nixed finally), I’d be okay to dive into a bucket of icing. As for meat, bring on the koobideh (I.e. Iranian kabab made from ground lamb)- this is exactly why I couldn’t covert to vegetarianism.
And on that note, I am also loving Emirates Inflight Entertainment. Time to board and get this
show on the road flight in the air.
If you enjoyed that, check out my past current digs
- My Current Digs
- My Current Digs part II
- My Current Digs part III
- My Current Digs part IV
- My Current Digs part V
- My Current Digs VI
- My Current Digs VII