Andddd another year bites the dust yet my reaction stays the same as last year: Already?? I can’t say 2011 was my best year but it definitely was a good one.
5 Highlights of 2011
- Getting my story featured in Shape Magazine (UAE Edition)
- Qualifying as a Nutrition Specialist, which means I can legally prescribe nutritional advice both weight loss- and exercise- related.
- My trip to Singapore to visit my best friend Sonali & her family
- My birthday: You know it’s a good night when as you’re reaching home, the sun is already out and your grandmother is reading the paper…enough said!
- Weekend away in Goa…bring on part 2 in 2012!
4 Resolutions for 2012
- Personal: Go with the flow. These 4 words sound pretty basic but I sometimes find it hard to just take things as they come. A study actually found a trend that women tend to be more specific whereas men are more able to go with the flow. Testoserone or not, I am resolving to adapt better to unplanned circumstances and be more flexible.
- Health: Give up diet drinks, including my beloved Diet Coke. It’s reached a point where I can have 3-4 cans a night on the weekend and 1 can every other day during the week which is quite disgusting. My body doesn’t need it, nor do my teeth or brain cells! As hard as I know it’s going to be, I’m ready to go cold turkey. I gave up Splenda at the start of the year so there’s no reason why I can’t get rid of aspartame in my diet once and for all.
- Mental: I want to read at least 5 books in 2012. For avid readers, this doesn’t seem like a challenge at all but for someone who read all of one book in 2011, this is quite ambitious. The books don’t have to be heavy, intellectual or profound- just provide a source of entertainment which doesn’t rely on battery. Some people go on a weight-loss diet at the start of the year, consider this a technology diet! That all being said, I also want to continue blogging 3-4 times a week because it is a creative outlet for me to comunicate my passions with like-minded individuals.
- Professional: I love the job I am currently doing, I am learning & growing a lot but it’s not my ideal job. I am passionate about healthy, nutritious food and I am passionate about staying fit. I know this is the field I want to
make my first million frombe immersed in the long-run, so hopefully I will get the ball rolling in 2012.
3 Fitness Goals for 2012:
- Continue strength training at least twice a week: Strong is the new sexy and in that case, I’m bringin’ sexy back in 2012 ;).
- Improve my running pace to an 8.45 min/mile: I am currently running comfortably between a 9min/mi – 9.15min/mi and know that I have it in me to knock off some seconds.
- Complete 10 continuous ‘regular’ press ups: Considering I can now complete a grand total of zero, this is going to take some work!
2 Places I Want to Visit in 2012
- China, more specifically Guangzhou. My sister and brother-in-law moved there earlier this year and the more I hear about it, the more wrong my impression of the place seems to be…which is a good thing!
- The Golden Temple in Amritsar: Ever ever since I saw it in a movie, I was taken aback by its beauty. Despite my cousin and mine’s great plans, we are still yet to visit it!
1 Reminder to Ponder Over:
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” ~ Albert Einstein
I am guilty of falling into a rut yet expecting different results. If something is making you unhappy or is not going the way you planned, do something about it. Whether it’s your career, life, relationship (s), weight…whatever: if you want to see a change, modify your approach. Be the change, make the change! And when better than 2012??
What are you hoping to achieve in 2012? On a side note, if you have any book recommendations, please send them my way!