My weekend GO-Away

by Khushboo on October 24, 2011

Despite my usual love for Monday mornings, I won’t lie: the Sunday night blues hit last night, and they hit hard!  After a fantastic weekend away in Goa, the last thing I wanted to do was set my alarm for this morning.  Even though it’s only a 1-hour flight away from Mumbai and the trip lasted a mere 2.5 days, this break from the monotony of routine transcended me into a complete state of zen. Other than coming back from Goa recharged, here are some other bits I got out of this trip:

• If you plan on rocking up as the last passengers on a flight, be prepared to face the ‘walk of shame’ as you board.
  • It’s never too early for happy hour to start

• Despite sharing a villa with 8 other girls, don’t rely on someone else bringing a hair dryer
  • A few days without caring about what you’re eating isn’t going to make you fat or unhealthy…and on that note, nothing hits the spot at 4am quite like greasy food

• When I ‘grow up’ I will definitely be installing an open-air rain shower in my home

Embrace the beauty of nature

• It’s perfectly acceptable to organise souvenirs for everyone before the trip even begins.
Each one of us received the above at the start of the trip
  • Running has now been relegated as my 2nd favorite form of cardio…right after dancing

• I am blessed with an amazing group of friends

How was your weekend?…Any ‘revelations’?

Sara K October 24, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Looks like bunches of fun- and let me tell you I ALWAYS make sure to bring my own hairdryer and straightener ;)
And I back-up your statement about happy hour fully!

Khushboo Thadani October 24, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Smart girl but I figure that either I can borrow someone else’s hair utensils or if everyone else shares this mindset, at least we’ll all have rank-looking hair together ;) !

Parita @ myinnershakti October 24, 2011 at 8:26 pm

So glad you had a fun weekend! We all need a break from reality every now and then.

And I agree on all of your points, esp. dancing > running! It’s always more fun!

Priyanka October 24, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Looks like a fun weekend and I am glad that it did not rain!!! Yay for great weather. Dancing with friends is the best form of cardio :)

I am curious to know the dish with the french fries? I love goan cuisine, nothing can beat their fish fry and curries!!!!! I am hungry now.

Khushboo Thadani October 24, 2011 at 8:58 pm

That dish was prawn balchao which is basically fish/seafood cooked in a spicy, tangy sauce! I seriously lapped up all the seafood- was so fresh and delicious!

runningismagical October 24, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Wow! Looks like such a blast. Girls weekends are definitely the best. My revelation? Don’t try hiking after a night of drinking approx. 3 bottles of wine the night before! Haha.

forgottenbeast October 24, 2011 at 9:47 pm

WOW, this looks like such an amazing trip, I wouldn’t be ready for Monday either. Mmm, and whatever is in that “greasy food” picture looks absolutely delicious. And dancing will always be the best option for a cardio workout! You and your ladies look like you had a great time.

Khushboo Thadani October 25, 2011 at 11:01 am

It sure was yum- and that’s coming from someone who normally doesn’t have a taste for greasy foods :)

Tessa @ Amazing Asset October 24, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Aww what a fabulous time! Mondays are definitely tough to face after a wonderful time like that, but the next weekend will be here before you know it :)

Nada (One Arab Vegan) October 25, 2011 at 1:39 am

Ahh looks like the perfect weekend getaway! I love the little girls on tour tees :) So something I would do/organise.

Tara October 25, 2011 at 2:48 am

I want that shower!! That’s so cool!! I also have to agree, dancing is right up there next to running for me. One time I didn’t feel like going for a run, so my sister and I turned on some music videos and danced for two hours straight!! It was just so much fun, we couldn’t stop. I’m glad you had a great time!

Khushboo Thadani October 25, 2011 at 11:02 am

That sounds so fun- I’m sure my sister and I would do the same…actually it would be more of me dancing and her watching me like I’ve lost it!

lovetotrain October 25, 2011 at 3:06 am

oh wow… looks like you had so much fun!!!

Alexiasana October 25, 2011 at 4:00 pm

nice photos! nothing better than a girls weekend on the beach with lots of dancing, cocktails and chit chat. Goa is amazing, i will try to go there too before this year ends.

mindrunningwild October 26, 2011 at 2:05 am

I love this!! I especially love the faith you have in your body. A little bit of indulging only does good- it lets your body know you trust it. So jealous of your time in the sun!!

Maneka November 1, 2011 at 10:53 pm

These photos really make me smile! :) Was such a good weekend. Still thinking about the guacamole, and array of breakfast foods! Won’t ever be forgetting a hair dryer though next time!

Khushboo Thadani November 2, 2011 at 11:31 am

Don’t forget about that mushroom & almond pate…good lord, the thought makes me drool :P