What up buttercup? At the end of last year, I had posted some of what I hoped to tick off in 2012. Ideally I should have reviewed my goals at the middle of the year (i.e. way back in June) but lo & behold, procrastination got the best of me. So before it’s time to set new goals, I better get down to it:
- Go with the flow: I think so! Especially after my trip to London, let’s just say I’ve started to embrace the “Y.O.L.O.” motto (You Only Live Once).
- Give up diet drinks: Check mate! After my last sip of Diet Coke on December 31st, I went cold turkey & haven’t caved once. Thinking back to how much I used to drink makes me cringe: at home, with a restaurant meal, mixed with vodka, for a 4pm caffeine rush, the list goes on. The only few times I’ve been tempted is on the plane, but apple juice mixed with soda does the trick.
- Read at least 5 books in 2012: After reading Privileges by Jonathan Dee, Princess by Jean Sasson, Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Drop Dead Healthy by A.J. Jacobs, Fifty Shades of Grey &Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James , I have more than fulfilled my year’s quota!
- Continue blogging 3-4 times a week: You can be the judge of that .
- Get the ball rolling towards a nutrition-related career: This is still a work in progress, but it will happen.
- Continue strength training at least twice a week: Just call me an over-achiever with this one! I did Body for Life from January to May which incorporated weight training 3 times a week. Since then, I’ve cranked it up a notch to 4 times a week. As a result, I’ve been able to cross off another goal of mine: complete 10 continuous ‘big girl’ press ups…i.e. no knees on the ground
- Improve my running pace to an 8.45 min/mile: Not as yet, but I haven’t actively been working on it either. As much as I love to run, I haven’t been feelin’ it much lately, so I’m a-okay if this goal takes longer than planned.
- Visit China & The Golden Temple in Amristar: After visiting my sister and brother in law in Guangzhou earlier this year, I’m halfway there. As for the Golden Temple, my mom & I are planning to go sometime in October or November. Hopefully my sister will be joining us (Shyamla, hint hint ).
How are your 2012 goals/resolutions panning out?