Checking it twice

by Khushboo on December 7, 2011

I was cribbing on my Facebook status that despite it being December, there is close to no Christmas spirit in Mumbai.

Listening to Christmas carols on the radio when it is 30+°C outside just feels SO wrong.  Nonetheless, there’s nothing stopping me from drafting my wishlist.  Let’s be honest: Christmassy feeling or not, there will always be something I want ;) !

• A new Blackberry: if my reason for wanting one extended beyond the fact that my current Blackberry doesn’t have a flash (hence crappy photos), I would actually consider buying one.
  • A holiday: I need something to look forward to and it’s definitely time I started racking up some air miles.
  • Stainless steel straws: I use regular, plastic straws daily and am obviously not doing any favors to the environment.  This needs to change!

• To always be the perfect temperature:  I have a terrible habit of constantly turning my air conditioner off and on every 5 minutes. It’s either too cold or too hot #firstworldproblems
  • Barbara’s Bakery Peanut Butter Puffins:  I know this seems a bit random but word on the street is that these peanut butter-flavored nuggets are the holy grail of cereals…and the stats are pretty decent too!  I’ve looked in every shop in Mumbai which sells imported goods but no luck.  Maybe my holiday will have to be to the US!

• Some bling: Although I am actually receiving some in the form of a bracelet, something tells me it is going to count as a Christmas, come Birthday, come every other holiday, present.  ;)
  • Two of my best friends’ foot to get sorted out: I complain my feet hurt after a tough run but both of these friends genuinely each have an injured foot: one has endured the pain for 21 months and the other for 2 months…so much pain that even walking is a struggle!

"Break a leg" is no longer an acceptable phrase around them

"Break a leg" is no longer an acceptable phrase around them !

…and of course world peace, equality and every other beauty pageant , cookie-cutter answer out there!  Apparently I don’t want a lot for Christmas :) !

What do you want for Christmas this year?

Alexandra December 7, 2011 at 6:56 pm

PB puffins ROCK!! :D Have you ever thought about ordering from a website like iHerb? I think they carry it and I know they ship a billion places :D
I have no idea what I want for Christmas this year! Maybe a good book to read :)

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Yess they ship here actually but the shipping cost is crazy..I love cereal, but I don’t know if my love extends to that amount ;) !

Errign December 7, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I just want to be done with school and home right now, but I’m sure I’ll have some Christmas wishes once that stuff happens…this afternoon!

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:14 pm

woo hope you made it home ok!

runningismagical December 7, 2011 at 8:17 pm

You have some good and really thoughtful stuff on there! I’m really hoping for someone to pay for a few races and maybe even new jeans. I usually invest in them and wear them for a couple years, but I think they need a serious update!

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Race entries are actually a great gift idea! Good luck getting new jeans- finding the ‘right’ pair can be tricky!

Tracy's Treats December 7, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Wow, I didn’t know they made stainless steel straws!

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Glad I wasn’t the only one in the dark!

Parita @ myinnershakti December 7, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I kinda want an iPad and a few waredrobe essentials :)

Oh and I want Khushboo to visit the US

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:15 pm

This comment needs a ‘love’ button :D

Karina December 7, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I can’t find you pb puffins but i have got you some other cereal by Barbara’s and also there animal crackers. Will try and see if i can get anything else on your list before i come:)

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:17 pm

You da best! Can we eat animal crackers on “Meatless Mondays”—> ha ha ha sorry couldn’t resist :D

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Gayatri December 8, 2011 at 12:58 am

Let’s swap. Seriously. You want a holiday to a cooler climate and all I want is to not have to wear a jacket everyday!!!

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I may kick myself when I have to walk home in the rain and freezing cold but I’m so down for a swap :) !

forgottenbeast December 8, 2011 at 1:18 am

Errggh, I tried puffins, and, I don’t know, I guess I missed what other people are such a fan of, because I just did not like them. Stainless straws I can get behind though! That or glass, I definitely want to get one or the other–just haven’t decided yet. Glass is prettier, but I’m also really good at breaking things :)

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Yes I have a tendency to break things too so I think stainless steel is more up my alley! Although I’m yet to try pb puffins, maybe you missed the normal texture of peanut butter…i.e. the creaminess?

Snapshots of Happiness December 8, 2011 at 1:35 am

I’ve been wanting metal straws as well! They are so nifty. Hope Santa fulfills most of your wishes, especial word peace, equality… etc. =P

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Hahah one can only hope!

Alexiasana December 8, 2011 at 5:22 pm

u should do a foodie swap with someone from the US! i am sure you can pack some fun indian things in your box to exchange too. Those puffins look super yummy! will have to give it a try next time im in the us!

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:26 pm

That sounds like a good idea but a lot of the stuff here is perishable and whatever is packaged, chances are it is already available in the States! Will keep this in mind for when I’m in London next and can offer ‘attractive’ swag!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com December 8, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Let’s do a swap. I am sure many of us would want to visit your part of the world and you, to the US :)

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Haha I’m ready when you are :)

honeywhatscooking December 9, 2011 at 1:13 am

i love those stainless steel straws.
so are you from london or mumbai?
i’m confused.
i didn’t peanut butter and jelly and many other foods on your blog were so popular in mumbai.
i like it. :-)

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I lived in London for 8 years, still consider it home but have been living in Mumbai since 2010…hope that clears it up a bit :D

Nada (One Arab Vegan) December 9, 2011 at 2:47 am

Bite your tongue woman! I would gladly trade 30 degree whether for the disastrous storms and subzero temperatures were having here in the UK. Seriously can’t wait to go home now. I’m dying to try puffins as well! And I wouldn’t mind a glass straw either :)

Khushboo Thadani December 9, 2011 at 2:30 pm

“disastrous storms and subzero temperatures”–> thank you for reminding one of the reasons why I don’t miss London!

Simply Life December 9, 2011 at 6:27 am

ha, I’ve never seen those straws before! so fun!

caloricandcrazy December 10, 2011 at 6:36 am

The puffins cereal is alright…not too amazing, but worth a taste :)
those stainless steel straws look awesome though! I go through straws every morning with my smoothies, so these would definitely be eco-friendly

Khushboo Thadani December 11, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Fortunately my smoothie cup has a straw attached to it so I suppose my unfriendliness towards the environment is not as bad as it could be!