The “Say Cheese” Workout

by Khushboo on January 20, 2012

While laughing can give you some serious abs, did you know that the mere act of smiling can do wonders for our health? Between changing our mood, relieving stress, boosting our immune system and making us more attractive, the simple act of ‘flashin’ your grillz’ goes a long way.  Here are some things which have made me smile me this past week (and hence lowered my blood pressure ;) ):

1) Browsing the Autocorrect site : Some of the changes autocorrect makes drives me loco but it’s hilarious when I’m not the victim

2) Breakfast in bed on Thursday: it’s the little things

3) Tentatively planning my upcoming travel plans

4) Retail therapy at Zara

5) Laughbook’s regular tweets throughout the day:  Almost all make me crack me up but their best yet is undoubtedly:

I’ve got 99 chores and I aint done one”- LayZ

6) Receiving Peanut Puffins as a gift from my friend Lisha: the girl knows me too well (or just reads my blog ;) )

7) My sister and bro-in-law’s last minute plans to spend Chinese New Year in Mumbai: They tried to play the “Let’s surprise KT” game…didn’t fly!

8) Oprah’s visit to India: While I wish my Facebook status earlier this week was true, its nice to know that my hope to eventually meet Ms. Winfrey is that much more possible.

9) Watching a random’s proposal: I’m a sucker for romance, which is why its not surprising I couldn’t stop smiling while watching this link my friend sent me

10) My new workout plan which focuses on weight training:  I’ve embraced the burn and am all about going big or going home now. My muscles hate me but oh well ;) . On that note, here’s one of the workouts that left me limping smiling this week:

The “Say Cheese” Workout
20 mins cardio warm-up followed by 2 sets of 15 reps of the following (if not otherwise stated):
  • Leg Press
  • Barbell Lunges
  • Barbell Squats (3 sets)
  • Weighted Calve Raises
  • Barbell Deadlift
  • Dumbbell Step Ups
  • Calve Raises (body weight)
  • Single Leg Press
  • Lying Hip Extension (1 set…I felt too awkward to do the 2nd set ;) )

Other than today being Friday, what’s making you smile this week?

Parita @ myinnershakti January 20, 2012 at 7:01 pm

How funny…I know some of the people in the video! It was a really cute proposal!

And today being Friday made me smile this morning!

Khushboo Thadani January 22, 2012 at 11:08 am

Wow that’s so cool…and proves just how small this world is ha!

Katelyn January 20, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Khushboo, I absolutely love this post! A couple years ago I read an article that was all about the benefits that smiling brings. Whenever I am down, upset, or stressed, I force a smile on my face, hoping it will start getting the endorphins a-flowin’ and the silliness of that usually makes a real smile come. When I first started running, I used to force myself to put on a BIG smile every couple minutes (whenever a song would change on my iPod.) It would remind me to be happy and keep going because I was running and putting myself through that pain for my own health.

I think I’m going to have to steal your idea again and post a similar blog entry of what makes me smile :) Have a great weekend!!

Khushboo Thadani January 22, 2012 at 11:08 am

Looking forward to reading your list of things which make you smile! :)

Jennn January 20, 2012 at 9:54 pm

ha! I’m the master of strange iphone autocorrect errors!!

goodformegirl January 20, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Awww LOVE that proposal. Thanks for sharing!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset January 21, 2012 at 12:19 am

Aww that proposal is glorious! You know I like this post as I did something quite similar last week with smiles and laughter :)

Tina @ Best Body Fitness January 21, 2012 at 1:08 am

Those glute bridges always feel so awkward to me too, but they’re really good, especially for runners. So i suck it up. Great looking workout!

Khushboo Thadani January 22, 2012 at 11:09 am

Ha ha I should probably reserve glute bridges for doing at home!

honeywhatscooking January 21, 2012 at 1:51 am

I love flash mob proposals. There are so many online with the whole bollywood thing. OMG, I know Oprah is in India chillin’ with Big B, Ash, and Abhi – so jealous! I didn’t meet her in person, but I went to her show in NYC – and I was sitting in the 6th row. I was tearing – her impact is quite powerful. Love your status! :-)

Khushboo Thadani January 22, 2012 at 11:10 am

Wow I’m SO jealous…what was she discussing during the show you watched??

Christina Does It All January 21, 2012 at 2:59 am

love this blog! and that autocorrect is great hahaha

Khushboo Thadani January 22, 2012 at 11:11 am

Thanks :)

jojo January 21, 2012 at 3:08 am

Oh my gosh, I love watching flashmobs on youtube… :D
Working out brings a smile to my face (maybe not during but afterwards, usually).
Breakfast in bed sounds nice too.. :)

Meg (A Dash of Meg) January 21, 2012 at 3:43 am

Awwww your friend is so thoughtful :) Isn’t a food item gift the BEST KIND?

Definitely enjoyed this post <3

Tara January 21, 2012 at 6:16 am

Retail therapy at Zara = bliss. I loooove that store, but I rarely get to go since I have to be in the city! Autocorrect screws me over all the time. Sometimes my tweets make no sense because of it!

Khushboo Thadani January 22, 2012 at 11:12 am

I know what you mean- the Zara here is like a 45 minute drive away which explains why I rarely go!

caloricandcrazy January 21, 2012 at 7:59 am

Glad you got to try peanut puffins! What a thoughtful gift to get :)

Tracy's Treats January 21, 2012 at 8:23 am

That workout looks AWESOME! I’ve been trying to incorporate more strength moves into my routines lately, too. That flashmob proposal is really cute.

Khushboo Thadani January 22, 2012 at 11:13 am

Definitely give this workout a shot- such great soreness after :)

onehealthymunchkin January 21, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Hahahaha at #1! Totally made me smile! :D

I love retail therapy at Zara too! And at Urban Outfitters. And H&M. And of course Lululemon. Dang girl, now you’ve just made me want to go shopping!

Khushboo Thadani January 22, 2012 at 11:13 am

Haha it’s probably a good thing Urban Outfitters isn’t in Mumbai…yet! I can’t control myself in that store!

lovetotrain January 21, 2012 at 8:25 pm

oh my gosh… go meet oprah!!! i LOVE her. hope your workout program is going well!!

Brittany January 21, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I love the autocorrect website!! Always good stuff on there.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com January 22, 2012 at 12:29 pm

OPRAH!! Aaaahhh!!

and that flashmob proposal is simply great! I saw a proposal in a movie theatre once. It was so cool. A guy made a homevideo and his girlfriend was at the movie theatre watching the video and his proposal. She was totally shocked! How cool ;)

Khushboo Thadani January 24, 2012 at 11:16 am

That’s so sweet- very cool you were able to watch it…bet the rest of the audience was just as shocked!

Jen January 23, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Your blog makes me laugh.So thank you! :) Just found you through twitter.New to blogosphere so thot I’d better be reading a few great blogs! And yours is amazing! :)

Do peep into my blog! I’d be more than happy! :)

Khushboo Thadani January 24, 2012 at 11:17 am

Thanks and welcome :)

Gayatri January 25, 2012 at 8:53 am

I’m a sucker for romance too. And those auto corrects make my sides hurt. They’re so funny. I’ve been celebrating my birthday all week and that is keeping me pretty happy!

Khushboo Thadani January 25, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Woo when’s your birthday? Glad the celebrations have already started!

Maneka January 30, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Laughbook’s tweets are high on my list too, always making me laugh! :)