1) Lindt Sea Salt: I’m tempted to say that sea salt and chocolate pair almost as well as chocolate and peanut butter…almost. Put your skepticism aside and trust me on this. It’s so delicious that I may sprinkle regular salt on all my chocolate
2) Basil: I’ve recently gone basil crazy and have been adding it to more than just pasta sauce: salads, stir fries and sandwiches. A few leaves really spruces up any dish, and adds a distinct Mediterranean flavor. Consider it a glorified lettuce. Oh and side-note: apparently basil is an aphrodisiac.
3) Pink Grapefruit: If this is a natural fat-burner, my body fat percentage must surely be in the negatives now. Plus this is going to do nothing for my street cred but its color is just so pretty!
4) Functional Lunges i.e. walking up the stairs. This seems much more productive than bobbing up & down in front of the mirror. As I live on the 15th floor, I sure do feel the burn when I finally
climb Mount Everest reach home, oh so sweet, home
5) Amul Ice Cream: Haagen Daaz and Ben & Jerry’s don’t light a candle to Indian vanilla ice cream. Yes, I’ve read the not-so-glamorous ingredient list. No, I don’t want to hear it
6) Frozen ripe banana: I’ve started poppin’ a couple slices of these after a meal to change my palate. As bananas are naturally creamy, it tastes just like banana ice cream. It’s also a great substitute for times when I’ve maxed out my daily quota of the above :-P
7) Cinnamon for its subtle sweetness. I seem to be adding this on everything lately. I’m guessing my love for this spice probably stems from my childhood obsession with Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Good times.
…And on a complete different note:
8 ) Public holidays which fall mid-week. Yay for Republic Day tomorrow!