TGIF…even though every day on holiday feels like a Friday! As I have plenty of random stuff/finds to blog about, it’s probably best I resort to bullet points:
- Lindt Coconut: I have proclaimed my love for Lindt Sea Salt several times in the past, but it’s time to make way for one of Lindt’s newest flavor. With “enrobing flakes of coconut in fine dark chocolate,” it is even more orgasmic than it sounds…and yes, clearly Fifty Shades has rubbed off on my lingo ;)!
- 2 for 1 Orange Wednesdays: Is it me or have cinema prices skyrocketed recently?! Paying £15 to merely watch a film is rather preposterous. Fortunately my friend Henna (who requested a shout out ;)) is an Orange customer, which means I can benefit from their “2 for 1 cinema tickets on Wednesdays” offer. Choose your friends according to their phone providers wisely.
- Starbucks Iced Americanos: Despite loving their fraps & chai tea lattes, I have always reserved an opinion about Starbucks- they make shiAt coffee. Over ice, however, it’s a different story. Buying one to drink daily might not be the most cost-effective habit, but it sure is a refreshing one!
- Olympic Fever: Whether you’re a sports buff or not, the Olympic fever here is contagious! There are signs of the games all over: London 2012 banners hanging from the lampposts; Olympic lanes on the roads; statues of the Great Britain mascots around the city; a flag display on Regent Street. My brother got us tickets for the Men’s Beach Volleyball Quarter Finals on Monday, and it was such a great atmosphere to be immersed in.
- Cottage Cheese: Since I got here, I’ve been eating cottage cheese for breakfast every single morning: cottage cheese, berries, vanilla protein powder, and peanut butter. Especially as cottage cheese is not available in Mumbai, I am trying to enjoy it while I can. Aside from being a protein-packed way to start the day, I promise it tastes somewhat like a cheesecake filling.
What are you loving this week?