If we were having coffee II

by Khushboo on April 11, 2016

Hey hey! It’s a long time since we had coffee together so grab a mug and let’s chat!

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I’m heading to New York tomorrow.  Actually I lie, I’d probably squeal in delight.  Aside from going back after 15 years (ridiculous I know), I’m most excited about going on holiday with some of my fave girls.

If we were having coffee, I’d ask if you had any NYC recommendations for me. Along with buying a whole new wardrobe shopping, raiding Whole Foods and walking all over the city, I am excited to eat & drink my way through the Big Apple.  As of now, the top 2 foods on my list are a burger (damn beef ban in Mumbai) and a New York-style bagel, preferably with smoked salmon & cream cheese.

NY squad

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I am dreading the  journey. I usually love travelling because it means shop, eat, sleep, watch tv & repeat but I mean, 19 hours (transit included), is a bit much.

If we were having coffee, I’d probably pass you some freshly baked Vegan Banana Bread.  After all, what kind of host doesn’t serve snacks ;)!

Vegan Banana Bread

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that over the weekend I tried out  Mumbai’s latest restaurant/bar Mockingbird. The decor is cute and I especially loved that the cocktails were creatively named after famous pieces of literature.  I’d also tell you that while the menu didn’t wow me by any means, I enjoyed the few dishes we ordered including the Spaghetti Arrabiata with Prawns, Grilled Seafood Skewers, and Grilled Aubergine Rolls with Sundried Tomato & Homemade Ricotta.

Mockingbird Aubergine Rolls

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I’m not sure how I feel about some of the new Snapchat filters- the face swap filter is kinda creepy.  I’d also tell you to follow me if you don’t already: kvthadani4

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I can officially claim my ‘Bombay Girl’ status thanks to a visit to K Rustom’s which is one of the city’s oldest ice cream parlours. It’s extremely popular for its ice cream sandwich: a thick slice of ice cream (you pick any flavour from their menu) sandwiched between 2 thin sheets of crisp wafers.  Despite exotic flavours like rose ripple, roasted almond crunch & coconut pistachio, I rolled with classic vanilla.

K Rustom's Ice cream Sandwich

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I finally pulled at a 160 lb deadlift on Saturday. Given I was pulling 95 lbs back in August, I’m quite chuffed with my progress.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I might be MIA for a bit.  I’ll try to keep in touch but I plan to limit my laptop use to staying on top of work and keeping up with K Weigh clients.  I’ll be posting on Instagram but I’m sure you’re already following me there ;)!

Your turn! If we were having coffee, what would you tell me?

Pooja April 12, 2016 at 12:31 am

Hopefully the weather in NYC will be warmer, when are you coming? It has been pretty cold in the mornings.

Also add Big Gay Ice Cream, Franchia Vegan Cafe, Tamarind, Mamoun’s Falafel, Kati Roll and of course any of the delicious food truck options!

Khushboo April 23, 2016 at 4:48 am

Thank you so much for these recommendations, Pooja! The weather in NYC was beyond amazing while I was there :D!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table April 12, 2016 at 1:10 am

OMG – EAT AT ESS-A-BAGEL!!! Trust me. Best bagel in the city: http://www.ess-a-bagel.com/

Khushboo April 23, 2016 at 4:49 am

Oh man I will make a note of my next trip! Fortunately the bagels I had were both phenomenal :)!

dixya @food, pleasure, and health April 12, 2016 at 4:36 am

how long are in the city for? Im flying there May 22nd..
also, if you have time, visit http://doughnutplant.com/ and try coconut cream donut…

Khushboo April 23, 2016 at 4:49 am

Ah it would’ve been awesome if our dates coincided!

Parita April 12, 2016 at 5:57 am

Have so much fun in NYC! Wish we could meet up. 🙂

Make sure you go to Hangawi for lunch/dinner. You will love it!

Khushboo April 23, 2016 at 4:49 am

Ah so much to eat and not enough time- adding it to my list for next time…whenever that might be!!

Chelsea A April 12, 2016 at 6:27 am

Ahh have an awesome time in NYC! I hope you post about it so that I can get ideas from you – John and I are talking about doing a weekend trip there sometime!

Khushboo April 23, 2016 at 4:49 am

Hope you guys make it out there- it’s a foodie’s haven! Expect a big post on recommendations coming up next week!

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape April 12, 2016 at 7:43 am

Those ice cream sandwiches look amazing! Coconut and pistachio though… I don’t think I could have passed that up!
Hope you enjoy New York! I will get there one day – haha! Look forward to your NY snaps!

Khushboo April 23, 2016 at 4:50 am

Haha so much snap potential in NYC!!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig April 13, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Congrats on the deadlift!! I hope you had a safe flight to NYC. I’m so incredibly jealous! Don’t ever go to Australia…. I once had a 42-hour flight. Absolute hell.

Khushboo April 23, 2016 at 4:50 am

Believe it or not, Australia is/was on top of my list…but the plane journey has bumped it down a few!!

Lucie@FitSwissChick April 25, 2016 at 1:08 am

Aaaaah, NEW YORK!! I am SO jealous. Now, I am superlate here, but in case you are still there: Try Bare Burger! It has super delicious organic burgers which you can combine based on your own choices.
Have fun!!

Khushboo April 28, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Ufff I wish I saw your comment before I am back- you know I’m all about a good burger, even more so when it’s customisable!