New-to-me products

by Khushboo on September 18, 2014

Hey guys!  I wanted to share a few new-to-me products which I’ve been loving lately.  For the record- I have not been sponsored/compensated/yaddy yadda yadda for any of my opinions.  I just really like the following products & thought they were worthy of mention:

1) Bean Therapy 62% Cocoa with Watapi Coffee chocolate: This is a new-to-me company that I came across at a food festival I attended a few weeks ago.  You guys know I love my love my coffee & chocolate so obviously I had to snatch up a bar…and now I’m just kicking myself for not buying more.  Those of you who share these vices, try dipping dark chocolate into your next cup of coffee…life-changing stuff!

Bean Therapy

2) Vega One Nutritional Shake (French Vanilla) which is a plant-based protein powder. After finishing my last packet of Sunwarrior Warrior Blend  I decided to give this a go.  Taste-wise, I prefer Sunwarrior, but Vega One still delicious enough in smoothies.  Lately my go-to combination has been:

• 1 scoop Vega One (French Vanilla )
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • ¼ cup raw oats
  • 1 frozen banana
  • Cinnamon

….so effin’ delicious!  Taste aside, I can’t get over how much goodness each scoop packs in:

• 15g protein
  • 1 billion probiotics
  • 1.5 g omega-3
  • 6 g fiber
  • 3 servings of greens
  • 2.7 cups of antioxidants
  • 50% daily intake of vitamins & minerals

Real food beats all, but this is great in a pinch!

Vega One

3) Monterey Jack Cheese: This is a generic favorite but I recently tried it out for the first time and you guys…I am HOOKED!  It tastes a bit stronger than cheddar and kind of reminds me of Kraft cheese in a can.  I know I know, the latter is so processed and terrible for us but you can’t deny that it tastes amazing.  Fortunately Monterey Jack has the flavor without all the nasties.

monterey jack cheese

Source

4) Ponzu Sauce: Food just got a whole lot more exciting!  Between using it in my tofu or chicken marinades & adding it to stir fries, ponzu sauce has certainly replaced soy sauce at home lately.  Especially as it’s already so flavorful, I merely add a bit of sesame oil & scallions and I’m good to go.  Given that it’s fairly high in sodium, I try to use it sparingly.

Ponzu Chicken

5) And although Skippy is hardly a new-to-me product, I just had to showcase this jar of peanut butter that my mom picked up for me:

PB Head

This baby is literally the size of my head…1.35 kg of peanut butter- oh.hell.yes!

What new product (s) have you tried  & loved recently?

Shashi @ RunninSrilankan September 18, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Haha – What I want to know is how long will it take you to finish that jar of Skippy? 🙂
Dark chocolate dipped in coffee – I can attest to that being AH-MAZING! I have not seen Ponzu here…so interesting! I haven’t tried Sun warrior yet, I did try Vega performance powder and other than it making me super sleepy, I loved the taste – specially with dark chocolate and coffee 😉
I just recently got to try this product called “Beyond Chicken” – it’s plant based – and I must say, while the consistency isn’t exactly like chicken, the taste is better than chicken! They are supposed to carry “Beyond Beef” too, but couldn’t find it.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 12:58 pm

That’s nuts that a protein powder made you feel sleepy- weird side effect! As for the jar of Skippy, maaaaybe a week? KIDDING!

Lucie@FitSwissChick September 18, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Aww, you put oats in your smoothie!! Isn’t it the BEST?? I love it!
And that jar…..omg. I still think it would be gone in no time. There is no such thing like a too big nutjbutter jar, right?

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 12:59 pm

I love adding oats to my smoothie and then a bit more once it’s blended and then eating it with a spoon…such a weird but delicious topping!

ritika September 18, 2014 at 2:52 pm

😀 bean therapy is super good, i buy mine from here http://www.gourmetco.in/SearchResults.aspx?Search=beanQQXXtherapy&multi=true

and how cool is the packaging 🙂
and that pic of yours with the jumbo skippy. cutest. thing. ever.

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 12:59 pm

What’s your favourite flavour? I’m curious to try more!

Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness September 18, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Oohh I want to pick up some ponzu sauce now! I’ve been using soy sauce a lot lately, sounds fun to switch it up a bit! (btw i still need to make those coconut bars- i got the stuff last week, but didnt have time last weekend. THIS is the weekend!) I LOVE chocolate with coffee. I’ll eat a piece of dark choc for breakfast with my coffee sometimes 🙂

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Breakfast dessert- I like you style 🙂

Arman @ thebigmansworld September 18, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I LOVE monterey jack cheese and of course…it’s not available in Australia. Kraft singles on the other hand….I already see myself buying those in their processed, beautiful goodness.

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Hahah the more orange the better 😉

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig September 18, 2014 at 5:08 pm

That is a big ol’ jar of peanut butter! I am dying, DYING for chocolate!!! 2 more days!

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Hope you have a jar of PB ready for chocolate dipping 😉

Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli September 18, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Ahh the chocolate coffee bar looks incredible!

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 1:00 pm

SO tasty 🙂

Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 19, 2014 at 4:25 am

Okay, your newfound chocolate love reminded me of my recent heartbreak, so I have to share… A handful of months ago, I picked up a new-to-me chocolate by a company called Giddy YoYo and instantly fell in love. Then one day, all the stores randomly stopped carrying them and I haven’t been able to find them since… And it’s a CANADIAN company!! This is not okay. Now I need to find a new chocolate love, and it can be hard with nut allergies!

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 1:01 pm

That’s SO annoying- any chance you can order it online?

Brittany September 19, 2014 at 6:12 am

I must have that chocolate!! I am so in love with Vega products, they are just SO DARN expensive!

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 1:01 pm

I got mine for 30 bucks which I thought was in par with Sunwarrior! How much is it in Seattle?

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 19, 2014 at 7:57 am

ohmygod I want that giant Skippy’s jar! You know how I feel about the stuff 😉

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Come share with me…I got a spoon ready 🙂

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 19, 2014 at 9:14 am

Soooo… that PB will last 1.5 days? 😉

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Psssh do you not know me at all- max 1 day 😉

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen September 19, 2014 at 5:48 pm

That chocolate sounds fantastic! I’ve loved the combination of chocolate and coffee ever since my first Coffee Crisp bar when I was a kid haha.

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Mmm I don’t think I’ve tried a Coffee Crisp bar- is it still around?

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen September 22, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Yup! I’m not sure if they have them in the US though. Maybe only in Canada?

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables September 20, 2014 at 2:12 am

I love that Skippy natural! It’s so good and way cheaper than a lot of the other natural peanut butters! I looove the super chunky 🙂

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Agreed- it’s crazy how expensive some bars of nut butter are being sold for!

Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. September 20, 2014 at 6:42 am

Mmm, despite it’s overwhelming amount of salt, Ponzu is the bomb! My favorite product of late is vegan chocolate chips 🙂

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Mmm do they taste like regular chocolate chips? By regular I mean Nestle Toll House…which I just stocked up on ha!

Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. September 22, 2014 at 5:57 am

They do! Super good 🙂

Lauren @ ihadabiglunch September 20, 2014 at 10:34 am

There was a time when I could go through a jar of peanut butter in a week. That stuff is the BOMB! The crunchy kind takes the cake 🙂 I’ve never tried Ponzu! How is it different from Terriyaki?

Khushboo September 20, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Sounds like you & me would BFFs…although a jar of PB wouldn’t stand a chance around us ;)! Ponzu tastes more citrussy & much less sweet than Teriyaki…look out for it!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets September 22, 2014 at 7:39 am

I am thrilled cheese made your list. That is all.

Khushboo September 24, 2014 at 10:22 pm

But of course 😉

Kaylin @ Enticing Healthy Eating September 29, 2014 at 9:16 am

Skippy is made in my state I live in–Arkansas! It’s also my home state, so I feel a lot of pride for Skippy. 🙂 Hmm…recently I tried LoveGrown Power-O’s Strawberry flavored cereal and I’m now a fan. You can’t even tell their cereals are made of beans–they’re addicting! Great products overall.

Khushboo October 4, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Everyone always raves about the big states like NY & California but clearly Arkansas is where it’s AT! This cereal sounds amazing- bet it packs in a great protein punch!