Friday Favorites 07/26

by Khushboo on July 26, 2013

• Soho London is a foodie goldmine.  There are so many cute restaurants there which I’ve stumbled upon this trip such as Bill’s. It had some interesting décor including various hanging from the ceiling.  My favorite was the one about eating:

photo 1

Well said!

• Although the service was quite slow, the food did not disappoint. There were so many yum options but I went with the burger – go big or go home, right ;)? While I wouldn’t consider myself a burger connoisseur by any means, this tasted even better than it looks.  Check out this beauty:

photo 2

• All that meat left me craving something at the other extreme i.e. something veggie-filled.  The next day I enjoyed a delicious sandwich at home with brown sourdough bread, hummus, rocket, grated carrots & alfalfa sprouts.  Eating vegan never tasted so good:

photo 3

• Am I the only one who always carries an iPhone charger in her handbag? I feel like my phone’s battery life keeps getting worse by the day.  Although the MapMyRun app isn’t helping my case at all, I’ve been hooked on it this past week.  It’s ideal for tracking distance, time, pace and route by using GPS navigation.  Aside from the statistics, it’s a great way to find other userss routes in the area on those days where I’m bored of my go-to paths.  As a free app, it’s much more appealing than paying £200+ on a Garmin…just sayin’ 😉

photo-8

• If you’re not yet in the Friday mode, listening to Robin Thicke & Pharrell’s Blurred Lines should do the trick.  I’ve been playing it on repeat all week:

Any battery-saving tips for iPhones?

What song(s) can’t you get enough of this week?

Sophia July 26, 2013 at 2:21 pm

I’m no burger aficionado either but that looks like a darn good one! The extra avocado is particularly enticing 🙂 I love that quote- eating should be simple and filled with joy ;). Songs I have on all the time right now are “wake me up” and “love me again” can’t get enough of them! It’s weird I know everyone loves blurred lines but I can’t quite get into it- ill give it another shot for you perhaps 🙂 happy Friday

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:49 am

Eat what you love & love what you eat…if it’s not enjoyable, you’re not eating right 🙂

Arman @ thebigmansworld July 26, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I looooved Soho in London, although more for the quirky style stores there than the eateries, so I’ll have to go back! In terms of battery saving tips, do NOT download watsapp or snapchat. Especially snapchat. Eats the batteries like crazy!

And (as embarrassing as it is) I can’t get miley cyrus out of my head- its literally on every radio station multiple times!

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:49 am

Ah whatsapp is non-negotiable…that’s the one app I can’t do without :)! Good thing I’m not a snapchat user!

Lucie@FitSwissChick July 26, 2013 at 5:27 pm

That burger!! Yumm.
As for the battery, I have the same, but it helped to really CLOSE all the Apps – means: doubleüush the button and then all apps appear which aren’t closed. Tip on the – sign and close them. Happy Weekend Lady!!

Lucie@FitSwissChick July 26, 2013 at 5:27 pm

*doublepush or doublepress – stupid iPad keyboard 🙂

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:50 am

Haha autocorrect is the bane of my existence 🙂

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen July 26, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I just got an iPhone a few months ago and one of my biggest gripes about it is it’s ridiculously short battery life. I hate how I have to charge it everyday! Although it was a lot better after my friend showed me how to close my apps.

That burger looks like serious perfection right there!

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:51 am

Thanks for the reminder- I have a horrifically large number of apps constantly open!

Nikhita July 26, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I miss Soho in London!! And I miss my two favorite restaurants there – Sumosan and Il Baretto..Tuna and Truffle rolls <3
I'm obsessed with Blurred Lines as well – I listened to it while working out yesterday and it got me so jumpy. Also this week I'm listening to the Alesso remix of "If I Lose Myself" by One Republic..amazing!

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:51 am

I don’t love Il Baretto but I’m tempted to deem Sumo as the best Japanese restaurant…ever!! 🙂

Miss Polkadot July 26, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Believe it or not but I’ve been carrying around my [Smartphone not iPhone, though] charger in my handbag these past days, too. My dad can’t believe how dependent on my phone I am but I was seriously scared when it had recently locked itself and I wasn’t able to restart it for a whole day.
Anyway, I don’t really have advice on how to make the battery last longer as I’ve been told it just was that way with iPhones/Smartphones in general. Boo!
Songs I’ve been listening to more often again lately are “Another sunny day” (Belle & Sebastian), “Je veux” (by Zaz) and several others. Anything upbeat that feels summery :).

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:52 am

Let’s go to iPhone anonymous…clearly we are both addicts 😉

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 26, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Umm, I want that sign. I’ll be in a new kitchen in about 5 weeks, so I think I need it by then 😉
And the burger looks awesome, and that’s coming from someone who isn’t the biggest fan of beef burgers!

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:52 am

I’ll see if I can ship it over 😉

Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness July 26, 2013 at 7:26 pm

i love that song, i can’t get enough! and that burger does look amazing, as do those fries! (i love fries, if it was socially acceptable i would make a meal of them sometimes 🙂 ) and i was just thinking that i really need to START carrying a charger in my purse. i’ve had my iphone for about a year and a half and i swear it cant hold a charge for longer than 12 hours.

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:53 am

Man if ONLY my phone could hold up for 12 hours, I’d be thrilled 😉

archana July 26, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Oh I love burgers A’s concept! But veggie ones only. Can b a bit limiting and not everyone does a good veggie burger.
I had the Sam issue with iPhones the trick is to let the battery drain completely before charging the phone. Is your phone always on? Mine is and that affects battery life too. So let it drain completely and leave it turned off overnight. It will hold charge much better.

And oh my God that song ! I can’t get it out of my.head either. Those animal calls are so raunchy!

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:55 am

Do you have a Nandos in your area? They make a MEAN veggie burger 🙂

Archana July 29, 2013 at 9:45 am

don’t know of a Nandos in the NYC area. I’ve eaten at their Sydney location – but not the burger. I need to try that!

Archana @ FeedingTheFoodie July 29, 2013 at 9:46 am

btw, commenting via an iphone clearly isnt easy, there are so many typos in my original comment! 🙁

Khushboo July 29, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Autocorrect is a buzzkill 😉

Lisa July 26, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Oh, I love that hanging at the restaurant. So true.
I also love Blurred Lines, mostly for the fact that I think Pharrell and Robin Thicke are super dreamy. So they are my ultimate dual.
The one thing I can’t stand about the iphone is its short battery life! I always carry my charger around too, because it always seems to be dying.

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:55 am

I’m not so big on Robin Thicke but Pharrell has “HAWT” written all over him 😉

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig July 27, 2013 at 12:11 am

My phone battery doesn’t last the whole day either – so annoying! That burger looks good, but not as good as the one we will be getting next week!!

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:58 am

Ohh yeah…I’m already excited 🙂

Alex @ therunwithin July 27, 2013 at 12:58 am

I need to carry an iphone charger with me, mine dies every single day. haha

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 1:58 am

First world problems 😉

Honey, What's Cooking July 27, 2013 at 2:12 am

Loved the food in london… i really liked cafe boheme in soho… i miss london. if you double click on the iphone you can delete the opened applications and that will help save your battery life.
🙂
have a great weekend.

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Will definitely check out Cafe Boheme- thanks for the suggestion 🙂

Ameena July 27, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I’ve never been to Bill’s but you are the second person who has recommended it! It’s on my list for sure.

My iPhone battery lasts for about 2 seconds. Very frustrating.

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Please do definitely check out Bill’s when you’re next here- I’m almost certain you will love it!

Tina July 27, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Pl listen to wake me up…adici. X

Khushboo July 27, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Just downloaded it this morning- am hooked!

Alexis @ Hummusapien July 27, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Mmmmm I wanna rip off a big hunk of that sourdough bread! And dip it in hummus obvi.

Khushboo July 29, 2013 at 3:52 am

Hummus makes everything taste better 😉

Jess July 28, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I want to go to Soho! Looks amazing! That food looks amazing!!!

Khushboo July 29, 2013 at 3:52 am

It really was yum!

Alex@Veggin' Out July 28, 2013 at 10:25 pm

My mom says that her iphone battery lasts so much longer if she turns off location services when she’s not using them. I always have mine on (because I never know when I will need them), and I have to charge my iphone every night or it won’t make it through two days!
I have a free app to track my runs too. A Garmin would be cool, but I just don’t have the money!
I’m glad you’re liking London’s cuisine! I remember loving the food when I was there (though that was probably at least eight years ago!).

Khushboo July 29, 2013 at 3:53 am

Ahh if only my phone could last through one day, let alone 2!! 🙂

caloricandcrazy July 30, 2013 at 2:37 am

I’m not a fan of Blurred Lines, but that doesn’t mean everyone else isn’t…it’s seriously on the radio 24/7!! Haha…

I love the Bill’s sign! Whoever wrote it has the most gorgeous handwriting :P!

P July 30, 2013 at 2:39 am

oop! IE saved the wrong info :P! *ignore*

Khushboo July 30, 2013 at 12:53 pm

As much as I love the song, I hope they don’t overplay and kill the song, as was the case with Get Lucky!

P July 30, 2013 at 2:38 am

I love the Bill’s sign! Whoever wrote it has the most gorgeous handwriting !

Khushboo July 30, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets August 13, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Even though I don’t eat meat, I can’t deny the burger looks fantastic…it’s far from plastic….sorry, I totally played that song on the blog too because I can’t get enough of it.

I’m so behind and you’ve probably got the iPhone all figured out by now, but just in case: power the whole thing down occasionally and reboot a few minutes later. Close out all apps running in the background by double clicking the home button twice when your phone is on. Hold your finger on the app and wait for the little red line to appear. Hit the line and the app will stop running in the background. If you notice a particular app draining the battery, try uninstalling and reinstalling that app.

Khushboo August 14, 2013 at 3:42 am

Thanks for the reminder about closing all my apps- I constantly forget to but made sure I did before boarding my flight…need to conserve my battery as much as possible 🙂