Top of the morning guys..or PM depending on your current time zone :)! Here are some of my faves from the week:
- I’ve eaten the same lunch 3 times this week because it’s that good: a piece of wheat, rye & sunflower bloomer toast topped with cream cheese, basil, tomato and chicken breast and a spinach salad with, cucumber, carrots, grilled zucchini & blueberries…all topped with balsamic vinegar & hummus. Each bite is like summer in my mouth.
- Even though I wasn’t a sporty kid in the slightest, tennis was an exception….probably because it feels more like fun than exercise ;). I started taking lessons when I was about 8 and even played for my high school’s Varsity team. Although I hadn’t lifted a racquet since junior year, watching the Wimbledon final this year spurred an itch to get back on the courts. I’ve played a couple of times in the past week and am definitely going to look into classes when I’m back in Mumbai.
- Even though I never got cravings for diet soft drinks after giving them completely last year, I’ve recently been occasionally craving sweet drinks. As luck would have it, sweet drinks are either loaded with empty calories or aspartame. Fruit juice spritzers (fruit juice mixed with sparkling water) tend to do the trick as do SoBe V Water. It’s free from artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors and supercharged with vitamins. Instead of sugar or aspartame, SoBe V Water is sweetened with Steviol and comes in a variety of refreshing flavors like:
- Forti-Fight Goji Berry & Blackcurrant
- Kick Ginger & Mango
- Glow Pomegranate & Blueberry
They are a bit on the sweet side but perfect after diluting it with some extra water. (Disclaimer: I am not compensated for this description, nor am I given any freebies…I just really like the product :))
- Between Wedding Crashers and The Internship, Vince Vaughn & Owen Wilson might be my favorite on-screen duo. I saw the latter last night and loved it. Along with being hilarious & inspiring, it also left me with a hint of jealousy towards Google’s employees- free food (Starbucks included), a slide to get you down to the lobby, AND sleep pods? Sign me up 🙂
- And speaking of inspiration, I couldn’t not share this image:
What’s your favorite summertime drink?
What’s the last movie you saw?