Twenty questions

by Khushboo on December 12, 2012

Happy 12/12/12!  Don’t forget to make a wish at 12:12 PM (or AM if it hasn’t already passed in your time zone). I’ve been in London for exactly a week yet am still jet lagged…if the whole “It takes one day for every hour time difference” theory held true, my body clock should have readjusted itself by Monday.  I guess the silver lining is that I am experiencing the best kind of jet lag: waking up early means more time to make the most of my day!

Because I’m still feeling kind of groggy but not tired enough to sleep, today’s probably a good time to fill in this Health & Fitness Survey that I saw floating around a while back:

1.  What did you eat for breakfast?

Greek yogurt topped with a chopped apple, Bran Flakes, almonds, cinnamon, honey & vanilla extract.

Breakfast just got a lot funner ;)

2.  How much water do you drink each day?

At least 3-4 litres daily. I seem to be constantly sipping on green/peppermint tea while I’m at home– it’s the only way I can keep warm!

3.  What is your current favorite workout?

Walking!  I haven’t run or lift weights since I left Mumbai and I can’t say I miss either.  Despite the jacket & gloves, it’s been a refreshing change  of pace to go back to the basics & just walk…some days in Hyde Park, others on the streets but as long as I’m moving, it’s all good!

4.  How many calories do you eat each day?

I stopped counting calories/points a while back.

5.  What are your favorite healthy snacks?

• Cottage cheese/Greek yogurt with applesauce
  • Almonds + raisins
  • KIND bars
  • Veggie sticks with peanut butter
  • Finn crisp with cheese

6.  What do you usually eat for lunch?

My meals have been all over the place this past week, but usually my lunches involve veggies, eggs and/or quinoa.

L’Eto (Wardour Street, London)

7.  What is your favorite body part to train?

My back!

8.  What is your least favorite body part to train?

Biceps, which is ironic as they’re an assisting muscle in back exercises.

9. What are your “bad” food cravings?

I’m a huge believer of the whole “Everything in moderation” mantra so the term “bad food” makes me cringe.  But for the sake of this question, I will have to go with dessert, especially ice cream.

10.  Do you take vitamins or supplements?

I take a vitamin B injection once every 4-6 weeks and although I’ve been slacking lately, I usually take apple cider vinegar supplements daily.  I should also be taking calciferol (vitamin D) supplements once every fortnightly but I keep forgetting to  #whoops.

11.  How often do you eat out?

On a regular basis, 2-3 times a week but while I’m in London, it’s been daily…sometimes even twice a day.

One of the few home-cooked meals I’ve eaten this past week!

12.   Do you eat fast food?

Does sushi count?

13.  Who is your biggest supporter?

My madre :)

14.  Do you have a gym membership?

Yup, but I’ve put it on hold over December while I’m away.

15.  How many hours of sleep do you get each night?

On average 7-8 hours, which is an ideal amount for me.

16.  Do you have a “cheat” day?

If you read my post on cheat days, you would know my sentiments towards “cheat” days.  And if you didn’t, the answer is NO!  I rather satisfy my cravings as and when they come, not 5 days later!

17.  Do you drink alcohol?

Yep.

Chillin’ with the Queen :-)

18.  Do you have a workout buddy?

Occasionally.

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?

While I could probably devote a whole post to this question, I’ll try & keep it brief: I look better on the outside and feel better on the inside.  Mentally & physically, I am in the best shape of my life.

20.  What was the last healthy thing you did?

I increased my serontonin & dopamine levels…i.e. I laughed!

What’s the last healthy thing you did?

TorontoRunner December 12, 2012 at 2:19 pm

You are GOOD with drinking water girl! (and sleeping!) wow, do I ever need to smarten up on that side of things!

I loooooooooooove sushi!

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I would be very grumpy if I slacked on sleep ;)

Alexandra December 12, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Loved this! I’m with ya on ice cream as my main source of cravings–whoever invented it is my hero hhaha
And the last healthy thing I did was lift! I’m currently sitting with jello legs ;)
Have a happy Wednesday!

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Woo nice going on the workout! As much as I whine about post-workout soreness, I kinda love it ;) !

Min December 12, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Making a wish at 1212 ;) . I love these surveys! Makes me want to do them one of these bc it tells a lot about yourself!! Thank you for sharing yours!! I’ve been drinking A LOT of tea….and hot chocolate lately too. I can’t say it’s my favorite, but I sure do work on my biceps a lot. However, I have nothing to show for…I want me some guns! And yes, everything in moderation!! ;)

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Fill in the survey..I would love to read your answers :)

Min December 13, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Good morning, Khushboo!
I had planned on it but got sidetracked… now it’s too late…no longer 1212 :( . However, I do want to do these surveys. I shall be on the lookout for the next survey that you fill out. I am watching you…haha
Hope you have a fantastic day!!

Alex @ therunwithin December 12, 2012 at 9:05 pm

mm I love cottage cheese too, my favorite. Hope you have a great day

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 3:38 pm

It’s addictive!

Parita @ myinnershakti December 12, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Love this survey! The last healthy thing I did was eat breakfast – oatmeal with banana and PB and a side of fruit. YUM!

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Breakfast of champions- yum!

karina December 13, 2012 at 5:18 pm

that is my absolute fave breakfast – perfect way to start the day:)

Allie December 12, 2012 at 9:28 pm

STILL so awesome about you & the queen! And oh my gosh, so much agreement to there being NO bad foods! If you want it, it tastes good, and you have it in moderation? Then do it, and enough with the “good/bad” and rules and all that. And I don’t know who can recover from jetlag after one day, it takes me at least three!

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Haha now is probably a good time to admit that it wasn’t the Queen herself…just someone who dressed up as her ;) !

Hamisha December 26, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I thought it was Madam Tussards!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin December 12, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Darn I missed 12:12 pm by just a few minutes! :P

And yay for walking! It’s my current favourite workout too. For the past 3 years blogs have brainwashed me into thinking that I need to be doing vigorous workouts all the time, so I’m glad to have broken free of that mentality. Walking is awesome!

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 3:39 pm

You and me both…it’s so easy to get set in that mindset that workouts have to be intense to count! So glad we’re both over that phase :) !

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 12, 2012 at 11:51 pm

And it’s 1:20…ooops, forgot!

Despite loving going for walks, I haven’t done it lately. I should get on that!

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 3:40 pm

We both forgot…and the worst part is that I looked at the time on my phone at 12:13…urgh!

Honey What's Cooking December 13, 2012 at 2:03 am

omg, everytime you post pics of Oxford Street, I’m sad. I wanna be in London too! :) Aren’t KIND bars the BEST? Try the dark chocolate with cherry, and i love blueberry pecan. Last healthy thing, hmm… breakfast yesterday – toast with pb and banana. Indian food for dinner, but it was homemade and light. Does that count?

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I love both those flavors! I want to find the Chocolate & Peanut Butter variety! And homemade Indian food definitely counts :)

Kym December 13, 2012 at 2:46 am

I gotta get better on the drinking water and sleeping enough thing!! I love going for walks too… even in the rain! I actually find it soothing to hear the rain against my umbrella…. of course this is only fun, if you’re dressed appropriately. :P

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I don’t mind walking in the rain either…so long as it falls on a day I am going to wash my hair ;) !

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish December 13, 2012 at 10:33 am

I think this survey, more than any others I’ve seen, provides great insight into “a day in the life.” Like you, I sip tea constantly throughout the day–especially during the winter! My current favorites are banana nut bread and ginger, although I’m also a huge fan of peppermint (especially when my stomach is misbehaving!). I know we share a mutual love for soy cappuccinos as well. ;)

The picture with you and the Queen is fantastic! For a second I thought it was real! Or is it?! :)

The last healthy thing I did was I took a bubble bath and ate a couple squares of Lindt dark chocolate (yes, *while* in the bath). It was totally indulgent and lovely.

I hope this week brings fewer feelings of jet lag! xoxo <3

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Ohh I wish that pic was real..I’m not that cool haha ;) ! Your evening sounds lovely!

karina December 13, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Fun survery! The last two healthy things I did was start my morning off will a legs session in the gym and to end my day of on a healthy note I’m sipping a glass of red wine – always good for the heart.
We’re so alike in sipping hot drinks all day – I think from the moment I wake up there’s a glass of hot water or green tea around me.

Khushboo December 13, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Red wine & green tea = liquids of champions ;) !

Kat December 13, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Ummm well since its the morning I havent done anything healthy so far, but Im getting ready to run!!

Khushboo December 14, 2012 at 12:32 am

Hope you had a great run :)

Alexis @ Hummusapien December 13, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Mmmmm finn crisps and hummus is the best snack ever!

Khushboo December 14, 2012 at 12:32 am

Hummus and anything makes the best snack ;)

Sana December 14, 2012 at 12:53 am

I hate drinking water because it makes me peeeeeeee. Gah!

Khushboo December 14, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I won’t lie- never heard that excuse for not drinking water!

Liz @ IHeartVegetables December 14, 2012 at 2:32 am

Hahaha I love your quote about ice cream ;) I agree!!!

Khushboo December 14, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Ice cream = bowl of happiness :D

Brittany December 14, 2012 at 2:35 am

Does giving in to my cupcake obsession count as healthy? No prob not..soo..I ran 4 miles yesterday. YAY! HAHA. P.S. your answer to the alcohol question was perfect..yep.

Khushboo December 14, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Cupcakes are definitely healthy….at least mentally! It made you happy right ;) ?

Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 14, 2012 at 7:05 am

I’m a complete sucker for learning about people’s health habits, and I loooooove your approach to things. You know how much I love my walking, and I have to say that walking around a city like London would be a dream for me – so much to see! Although I guess I shouldn’t be talking, since I’ve been doing a tonne of walking around Vegas, and there’s definitely no lack of interesting things around here.

Khushboo December 14, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Walking in Vegas is always interesting- how is the weather there this time of the year?

Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 14, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Colder than I’d like it to be :( It’s only about 10C right now, and it’s all cloudy and rainy.

Ameena December 17, 2012 at 3:54 am

Love the pic of you and the Queen. Too cute.

L’Eto is on my list. Looks amazing. And yes, it is hard to eat out so much on vacation!

Khushboo December 17, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Haha thanks Ameena. I have been making a list of all the restaurants I’ve eaten this trip- am happy to send you if you like (I’ll star the ones worth checking out)!

Ameena December 18, 2012 at 3:30 am

I would love to see your list!

Khushboo December 18, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Will email it to you by the weekend as have a few more restaurants on the cards over the next few days :) !