Happy 12/12/12! Don’t forget to make a wish at 12:12 PM (or AM if it hasn’t already passed in your time zone). I’ve been in London for exactly a week yet am still jet lagged…if the whole “It takes one day for every hour time difference” theory held true, my body clock should have readjusted itself by Monday. I guess the silver lining is that I am experiencing the best kind of jet lag: waking up early means more time to make the most of my day!
Because I’m still feeling kind of groggy but not tired enough to sleep, today’s probably a good time to fill in this Health & Fitness Survey that I saw floating around a while back:
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Greek yogurt topped with a chopped apple, Bran Flakes, almonds, cinnamon, honey & vanilla extract.
2. How much water do you drink each day?
At least 3-4 litres daily. I seem to be constantly sipping on green/peppermint tea while I’m at home– it’s the only way I can keep warm!
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Walking! I haven’t run or lift weights since I left Mumbai and I can’t say I miss either. Despite the jacket & gloves, it’s been a refreshing change of pace to go back to the basics & just walk…some days in Hyde Park, others on the streets but as long as I’m moving, it’s all good!
4. How many calories do you eat each day?
I stopped counting calories/points a while back.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
- Cottage cheese/Greek yogurt with applesauce
- Almonds + raisins
- KIND bars
- Veggie sticks with peanut butter
- Finn crisp with cheese
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
My meals have been all over the place this past week, but usually my lunches involve veggies, eggs and/or quinoa.
7. What is your favorite body part to train?
8. What is your least favorite body part to train?
Biceps, which is ironic as they’re an assisting muscle in back exercises.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
I’m a huge believer of the whole “Everything in moderation” mantra so the term “bad food” makes me cringe. But for the sake of this question, I will have to go with dessert, especially ice cream.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I take a vitamin B injection once every 4-6 weeks and although I’ve been slacking lately, I usually take apple cider vinegar supplements daily. I should also be taking calciferol (vitamin D) supplements once every fortnightly but I keep forgetting to #whoops.
11. How often do you eat out?
On a regular basis, 2-3 times a week but while I’m in London, it’s been daily…sometimes even twice a day.
12. Do you eat fast food?
Does sushi count?
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
My madre 🙂
14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yup, but I’ve put it on hold over December while I’m away.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
On average 7-8 hours, which is an ideal amount for me.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
If you read my post on cheat days, you would know my sentiments towards “cheat” days. And if you didn’t, the answer is NO! I rather satisfy my cravings as and when they come, not 5 days later!
17. Do you drink alcohol?
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
While I could probably devote a whole post to this question, I’ll try & keep it brief: I look better on the outside and feel better on the inside. Mentally & physically, I am in the best shape of my life.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
I increased my serontonin & dopamine levels…i.e. I laughed!
What’s the last healthy thing you did?