This, that & the other

by Khushboo on August 24, 2012

Good evening…or morning depending what time zone you’re in!  It’s finally back to reality for me- holiday is officially over.  Thank goodness it’s Friday, which somewhat lessens the blow.  Although my unpacking is out of the way, I still have jet lag to contend with.  Apparently for every of hour time difference, it takes that many days to get over the jet lag.  For me, that would mean 4.5 days, but I am aiming for 3.

Thanks to all of 5 hours of sleep last night, I seem to have lost count on my caffeine intake today.  If this post seems all over the place, you know what to blame.  Let’s go:

• Emirates has been my favorite airline for a while, but they practically sealed the deal after upgrading me on my flight to London.  My flight back on Wednesday only confirmed how great it is:
On board Wi -Fi and a socket to charge iProducts- don't mind if I do!

On board Wi -Fi and a socket to charge iProducts- don’t mind if I do!

• Between Tetris & Super Mario, I grew up addicted to my Gameboy. If you too were a 90s kid, I’m sure you’ll appreciate my new iPhone case

Thank you to the lady at Starbucks & anyone else who has found a way to mutilate the spelling of my name.

• Speaking of first world problems, don’t you hate it when you’re watching a good film on the plane and then fall asleep halfway?  I need to finish Kate Hudson’s film A Little Bit of Heaven .  I made it to an hour before passing out, but so far so good!

• Asics need to introduce some sort of loyalty scheme.  I’ve bought the same style for 4 years ‘running’ & can’t see that changing.  Although they may not be as fancy or colorful as other styles available, they provide my feet with enough support & cushioning to remain injury-free. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it…or something like that.

• Check out this new Kit Kat flavour I found in the airport:

A few friends and I were debating how to eat a Kit Kat.  I say layer by layer, they say bite directly in so that each bite contains a bit of everything.  What’s your take?

What toy/game takes you back to your childhood?

Alex @ therunwithin August 24, 2012 at 7:06 pm

that is such a cool iphone case! good luck on getting back into the swing of things, never easy for sure.

Khushboo Thadani August 25, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Thanks, Alex…fortunately the only thing keeping me from normality is my jet lag!

Parita August 24, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Love the iPhone case and that new Kit Kat flavor! Atari and the original Nintendo game system always take me back to by childhood! Those were the days!!

Khushboo Thadani August 25, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Ah the original Nintendo was the best…so was Nintendo 64- I LOVED Mario Kart!

Brittany August 24, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Aww haha I can’t help but giggle at that spelling of your name..so ridiculous!! If you don’t know how to spell it..ASK!! It’s not that hard! I would always break the kit kat up into the long pieces. Haha. That iPhone case is legit!

Khushboo Thadani August 25, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Hahah the worst part is that she asked me and while I was spelling it out, she decided to scribble her own shiz up!

Bonnie (@GlamKitten88) August 24, 2012 at 8:40 pm

That iPhone case is way cute. People like to spell my name with a “y” at the end. They look confused when I spell it “Bonnie.”

Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Khushboo Thadani August 25, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Bonny with a “Y” looks off!

Alexandra August 24, 2012 at 9:37 pm

LOVE that case!!
And umm that kit kat flavor?! GET IN MY BELLY NOW :D I gotta find that asap!

Khushboo Thadani August 25, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Hahah I’m glad you share sentiments towards this kit kat flavor!

Tessa Merrick (@Tessa8m) August 25, 2012 at 6:40 am

To answer that very important question of eating a kit kat (seriously it is) I say all at once! That case is AWESOME, I certainly appreciate it! I really have to show it to my brothers, they would love it too!
Good luck adjusting back to routine this weekend and I hope you have a good one :)

Khushboo Thadani August 25, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Haha it’s definitely an important question! Hope your weekend is off to a great start too :) !

sonalii1988 August 25, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Oh gosh so many things about this post that i like: firstly, Emirates has onboard WIFI?! That is soo amazing! The flight must have flown :) , the iphone cover is super cute and I just saw the movie A little bit of heaven, twice! Once on the aeroplane and again at home with my mum and we both cried til the end. It is pretty good! I’ve tried Kit kat peanut butter and it is yummy – def get a bit of everything in one bite! :D

Khushboo Thadani August 25, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Hahah it did FLY (literally)…great way to catch up on emails which I otherwise procrastinate about! I’ll save watching the rest of the movie for one of those days where I want a good cry..love Kate Hudson!

sprint2thetable August 25, 2012 at 6:00 pm

they need to have chargers on ALL flights!

my fav game is tetris, hands down.

Khushboo Thadani August 26, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I need to get my hands on that game- time to check Google :) !

caloricandcrazy August 25, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I’ve had to deal with name butchering SO many times. That’s why I hate giving my name in Starbucks. I sometimes think of making up a name, but then I shy away from the idea. :P

I haven’t had Kit Kats in a while, but I have the break mine. I can’t eat it like a regular bar…I’d freak out like that doodle in the picture :P !

Khushboo Thadani August 26, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I think from now on, I’m going to stick to “Katie”, in honor of my initials :)

Pomegranate August 26, 2012 at 12:24 am

I absolutely loved Tetris on the Gameboy…lol. I haven’t seen one of those in a while. I must go on ebay and see if i can find one. Thanks.

Khushboo Thadani August 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I regret giving mine away!!

Sig August 26, 2012 at 4:02 am

Love the iphone case!! And totally feel your pain when it comes to names – I’ve gotten the WORST mutilations of mine that I just tell them my nickname. Easier.

I heart kit kat chunkys!!! The PB flavour looks yum :)

Khushboo Thadani August 26, 2012 at 3:57 pm

After trying Kit Kat chunkys, the regular kind just aren’t as appealing!!

Corrie Anne August 26, 2012 at 9:08 am

Lol. No one can come close to spelling my name either. Corrie can be a million ways. And in fact, I have spelled my new last name incorrectly a NUMBER of times. It’s the “e” before “i” that messes me up — Kreisel.

Khushboo Thadani August 26, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Haha that’s hilarious about your last name, although I am sure I would be the same!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish August 26, 2012 at 10:25 am

I’d completely forgotten about Gameboy! I had the original one (ugly gray!) and took it everywhere with me. I was a master Super Mario Brothers and Tetris player. ;) Love the iPhone case!

I agree with you about Asics. Best. Running. Shoes. Ever. :-D I recently bought a pair of Nike Free’s for shorter distances (love how light they are), but longer runs are always done in my Asics (Kayanos).

The peanut butter Kit Kat sounds amazing (but dangerous)! I adore anything made with chocolate +PB. In fact, I’m eating a mini Reece’s peanut butter cup as I type this!

Hope you’re having a great weekend! <3

Khushboo Thadani August 26, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Ah I had the original too..but then moved on to a purple one when they released sleeker-looking Gameboys! I’ll trade you- peanut butter Kit Kat for a Reeses :-) !

Nada (One Arab Vegan) August 26, 2012 at 11:06 am

I definitely need to start flying Emirates! Also, love that iPhone case my friend has the white version and I’ve picked it up so many times thinking it was a genuine game boy for a second!

Hope you had a great trip, I’m going to get busy catching up on all your London posts :)

Khushboo Thadani August 26, 2012 at 4:00 pm

As I’m sure you’ll agree, visiting London is always a good time :)

Min August 27, 2012 at 4:40 am

I totally understand what you’re going through! Whenever I come back from Korea, it takes me at least 3 days to get back on track! But I sure do love watching all those great movies for free! ahh..gameboy! I miss Mario bro. world! Especially the 3rd one..Finding two shortcuts (the flutes) was one of the best days of my life ;) .
And I def like to eat kit kat layer by layer

Khushboo Thadani August 27, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Hahaha finding out the “shortcuts” always seem like an achievement…glad I’m not the only nerd around ;) !

IHeartVegetables August 27, 2012 at 7:26 am

Hahaha I freaking love your iphone case. That’s awesome.

Khushboo Thadani August 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Hahah thanks…I couldn’t NOT buy it!!

Renee Andrea Reddy August 28, 2012 at 3:32 am

HAHAHAHA OMG, brown girl problems that one def made me giggle Khushboo!!! I watched ‘A little bit of Heaven’, it’s a goodie! Have you managed to catch the ending ? I can’t believe there is a PB Kit Kat, that has def not hit SA shores yet…I can’t wait!!! I also love flying with Emirates, I think they’re the best! Haha love your iPhone case, I’m def also a 90s kid…tetris old school gaming…nothing tops it!

Khushboo Thadani August 28, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Am yet to finish the movie…I’ve heard it gets really sad so I’m waiting for when I’m really in the mood to cry!