Pinch punch, first of the month and all that other jazz. Happy June! If I started my posts with a disclaimer, today’s would be that this post is completely random and full of tangents. Blame it on the ‘Friday Feeling’ :)!
1) A few friends and I have started a book group and our first order of business is Beyond the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo. Especially as it’s won the Pulitzer Prize, I want to say I love it but I haven’t been able to get into it as yet.
2) Check out this article on Five Foods It’s Okay To Eat Again. I was pleased to see foods like bananas & egg yolks, which normally get a bad rap, featured on it.
3) I signed up for personal training sessions earlier this week. I’ll talk more about it in another post but I feel like I’ve finally found a trainer who I connect with and who I’m confident in her abilities to help me reach my goals.
4) I am guilty of enjoying celebrity gossip and recently read that Beyoncé & Jay-Z are banning Kim Kardashian from their inner circle. Like the Carters, I am not too impressed with the Kardashians’ claim to fame (sorry Gayu & KK).
6) Indigo Deli has once again outdone themselves. I ate the most amazing sandwich there on Wednesday (and then went back for round 2 on Thursday): pesto, tomato, turkey, chevre & basil on wholewheat . I need to recreate it at home and strongly urge you to do the same!
7) During this past week, I’ve developed an addiction to the Australian edition of MasterChef Junior. The dishes that these 9-year-old kids whip up continue to blow me away: grilled salmon with a blood orange reduction, freshly-made ravioli stuffed with shrimp & avocado mousse and 4-layer chocolate cakes to name a few.
8) Speaking of cake, I foresee
some a lot in my future 🙂
Have a great weekend!
Share with me one of your tangents of the week…