Brain Dump

by Khushboo on June 1, 2012

Pinch punch, first of the month and all that other jazz.  Happy June!  If I started my posts with a disclaimer, today’s would be that this post is completely random and full of tangents.  Blame it on the ‘Friday Feeling’ :) !

1) A few friends and I have started a book group and our first order of business is Beyond the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo.  Especially as it’s won the Pulitzer Prize, I want to say I love it but I haven’t been able to get into it as yet.

2) Check out this article on Five Foods It’s Okay To Eat AgainI was pleased to see foods like bananas & egg yolks, which normally get a bad rap, featured on it.

3) I signed up for personal training sessions earlier this week.  I’ll talk more about it in another post but I feel like I’ve finally found a trainer who I connect with and who I’m confident in her abilities to help me reach my goals.

4) I am guilty of enjoying celebrity gossip and recently read that Beyoncé & Jay-Z are banning Kim Kardashian from their inner circle.  Like the Carters, I am not too impressed with the Kardashians’ claim to fame (sorry Gayu & KK).

5) Am I only the one who uses birthdays to justify spending money on herself?  This year I am “gifting myself” an iPhone and I am literally counting down the days till I can get rid of my Blackberry.

6) Indigo Deli has once again outdone themselves.  I ate the most amazing sandwich there on Wednesday (and then went back for round 2 on Thursday): pesto, tomato, turkey, chevre & basil on wholewheat .  I need to recreate it at home and strongly urge you to do the same!

What came next

7) During this past week, I’ve developed an addiction to the Australian edition of MasterChef Junior.  The dishes that these 9-year-old kids whip up continue to blow me away: grilled salmon with a blood orange reduction, freshly-made ravioli stuffed with shrimp & avocado mousse and 4-layer chocolate cakes to name a few.

8)   Speaking of cake, I foresee some a lot in my future :)

Have a great weekend!

Share with me one of your tangents of the week…

Parita June 1, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Happy early birthday, K!!!! I always splurge on one thing every year – hey, you only turn that age once, right!? And since I’m not currently working right now, everything is a tangent. HAHA! Have a great weekend, my friend!

Khushboo Thadani June 2, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Thanks!! Haha enjoy it…it’s kinda nice not knowing what day of the week it is anymore :) !

forgottenbeast June 1, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I love random posts! And I totally buy myself all sorts of things on my birthday–that’s what birthdays are for! Gifts…and cake :)

Khushboo Thadani June 2, 2012 at 12:24 pm

You know….I’ve heard cake calories don’t count ;) !

forgottenbeast June 4, 2012 at 8:28 pm

That sounds completely legit to me! A rule worth living by…

onehealthymunchkin June 1, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Happy almost birthday! That’s exciting about getting an iPhone! Birthdays are definitely a good excuse to spend money on yourself. ;) I wish I could practice what I preach though – I didn’t buy myself anything for my birthday this year! I haven’t even spent my birthday money or gift certificates yet! :P

Also that dessert looks fantastic!

Khushboo Thadani June 2, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Thanks Chelsea and I’ have to commend you on your restraint- I’m sure I would have immediately used my gift certificates just because I had them haha! The dessert was a hazelnut mousse- really yum!

Brittany June 1, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I always use my birthday as an excuse to buy myself something. You will not be disappointed with your iPhone. I was a smart phone noob as of this time last year, I never had any kind of up to date phone. Finally I took the plunge when my old brick broke. I am so glad I did, I love my iPhone.

Awesome news about your trainer! Can’t wait to hear more about her.

Khushboo Thadani June 2, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Haha old brick- how did we ever use those things!! I’m so glad you’re loving your iPhone- makes me all the more excited to get mine!

sprint2thetable June 1, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Brain dumps rock! I love bananas and egg yolks, so that make me really happy.

Happy almost b-day!!!

Khushboo Thadani June 2, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Thanks, Laura! I stopped eating yolks and bananas for so long a while back…lord knows what I was on! :) !

Honey What's Cooking June 2, 2012 at 12:36 am

omg, when is your b’day? i’m a gemini too? you are NOT alone for gifting yourself a b’day gift, I have my eyes on Tory Burch shoes.. I’m such a LOSER. I’m self-absorbed like KK. :-( But yeah, blow drying your jewelry is a bit much. I have to watch masterchef, i’ve heard a lot about it. such a gorgeous pic of you.

Khushboo Thadani June 2, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Geminis for the win :) ! My birthday’s is on Monday- such a lame day for it to fall on! Thanks for the compliment about my pic and I think you should definitely splurge on the shoes…I have 2 pairs and both are SO comfortable!

Tessa Merrick (@Tessa8m) June 2, 2012 at 3:42 am

Yay for your birthday being so soon!! What an exciting and special time for you, I love birthdays a whole lot :) Yes, enjoy lots of cake, the right occasion to that is for sure!

Khushboo Thadani June 2, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Thanks Tess and I will be having my cake and eating it too haha :) !

Alex @ therunwithin June 2, 2012 at 7:58 am

I couldn’t relate more, celebrity gossip draws me in. A train wreck you just can’t take your eyes away from.

Khushboo Thadani June 2, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Haha I couldn’t have phrased it more perfectly :) ! SO true!

Ameena June 2, 2012 at 9:46 am

So confused why bananas get a bad rap? And eggs? Strange.

Love the photo! Happy early birthday my friend. :) Hope your weekend is a great one.

Khushboo Thadani June 2, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Thanks Ameena :) , hope you have a great weekend too! Oh and apparently bananas have too many carbs- I’m not even going to try and make sense of that claim!

Michelle June 3, 2012 at 8:12 pm

How cool that you signed up for personal training sessions! I would love to try that one day when I’m not spending all of my money on school :-)

Khushboo Thadani June 4, 2012 at 11:01 am

Haha fortunately this was part of a bday gift from my mom :) !

Sarah June 3, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Let us know how the personal training sessions go! I can guarantee that the iphone will beat the blackberry hands down too ;)

Khushboo Thadani June 4, 2012 at 11:01 am

Oh I’m already convinced about the iPhone…Blackberry is so passe now ;) !

Sara K June 4, 2012 at 1:14 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KHUSHBOO!!!!! And that Indigo Deli sandwich sounds divine; I can’t wait to see how you end up celebrating!
Also, doesn’t blowdrying your jewelry eventually damage it? I mean…I wouldn’t want all that heat near my bling

Khushboo Thadani June 4, 2012 at 11:02 am

Thanksss Sara- birthday wishes in caps lock make all the difference haha! And pleasee don’t blowdry your jewelry- Kim might be loaded but I am not sure I would take any advice from her ha!

IHeartVegetables June 4, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Wow… I wish cold jewelry was my biggest problem. hahaha

Khushboo Thadani June 5, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Classic example of first world problems, eh :)

Asmita (@FoodieAsmita) June 5, 2012 at 6:23 am

Hi Khushboo,
I have been watching master chef junior over here since I am on vacation and I am hooked. These kids are brilliant and do such a fantastic job.
I cannot wait to eat at Indigo deli. I hear their food is really good. I love Indigo restaurant at Colaba too.

Khushboo Thadani June 5, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Indigo Deli really is delicious…as is Indigo! If you go to the former, you must order their freshly baked choc chip cookies :) !

Gayatri June 7, 2012 at 8:57 am

I love such random posts. Even I love love love Junior Masterchef. Try and get your hands on season 2 as well. It’s on youtube I think.

Khushboo Thadani June 7, 2012 at 10:59 am

I only have the finale left of season 1 and am just hoping that Star World decide to start showing the 2nd season immediately after!

Nada June 7, 2012 at 2:38 pm

First of all, please accept my sincerest apologies and belated birthday wishes! Second – I absolutely loved your list! So much of it holds true.
I think the one lesson I’ve learned over the years is similar to your number 4, going out of my comfort zone is one thing university/life abroad has taught me that I don’t think I would have learnt otherwise.

Nada June 7, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Okay I realise I just commented on the wrong post – my browser was being slow so I copy pasted my reply and clicked on the post without checking! For all intents and purposes this is in response to your most recent post ;)

Khushboo Thadani June 8, 2012 at 1:51 pm

ahaha I got your back :) !

Khushboo Thadani June 8, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Ah thank you so much, Nada- better late than never :) ! I completely agree about studying abroad, especially when I went to boarding school!

Sig June 20, 2012 at 9:02 am

Happy belated almost-birthday!!! :P Hope it was a good one…

Um, yes – those kids on Masterchef are INSANE! Gave me a complex, but they’re too darn cute. New season is on now (adults not kids) – addictive watching!

Khushboo Thadani June 20, 2012 at 11:24 am

All I can say is that I’m jealous you can hear that amazing Australian accent all day long :) !