It’s been ages I’ve posted about any of my “Brown Paper Bag” Lunches, mainly because they have been fairly repetitive. Lately I seem to rotate between only 1 or 2 lunches daily. Boring? Yep but it keeps me full, tastes delicious, and is fairly balanced…pretty much all I am looking for in lunch. This week’s rotation has consisted of chickpea burgers (unsurprisingly) and muffins. Yes, that’s right muffins…Greek Egg Muffins to be exact!
If you’re an eggs lover like me, chances are you’ll think these taste eggs-ellent too ! These are merely portable omelets that can be eaten on the run. Actually they’re even easier to make than omelet because there’s no flipping or standing around involved. To save time, I let them cook in the oven while I’m in the shower/doing my hair/whatever. And for what it’s worth, these are proof that it is indeed possible to meet your protein requirements through food alone: 2 of these muffins pack in 21g protein, baby!
Greek Egg Muffins
- 3 Egg-whites
- 1 Whole egg
- Handful chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta (about 20g)
- Tablespoon of black olives, sliced
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Pour egg and egg-whites into a bowl and whisk together with salt & black pepper.
- Mix in the basil, mushrooms and olives.
- Place 2 muffin cups onto an oven tray and divide the feta into each.
- Pour the egg mixture over the feta mixture and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until firm.
*These can be refrigerated for 4-5 days!
What have you been lunching on this week?