Say whaaat

by Khushboo on February 8, 2012

For those who commented on my last post on Orthorexia Nervosa, thanks!  I really enjoyed reading all your thought-provoking comments :) ! And now for a lighter post, here’s some of what I’ve been up to:
What I’m….
  • Reading:

• Amazed by: I was recently brunching at Trident in Bandra Kurla Complex and there was a section of visually-impaired masseurs giving out foot massages.  Rather than loathe in self-pity, I was amazed at their attempts to find alternative sources of income.  Based on their senses of touch and hearing  alone, they were able to master various massage techniques and identify various pressure points and identify pressure points.  It just goes to show that whatever life throws at us, there is always some kind of skill which we can still learn.
  • App-icted to: Word Warp!  If you’re a Boggle fan nerd, you have to download this app!  And even if you’re not, still download it because the app is free!
  • Recommending you make: This recipe of Chickpea patties.  In the past 5 days, I’ve eaten them for 3 meals and am still not fed up.  Between the tahini, chickpeas, and garlic, it’s like a hummus burger!

• Blending: I’m on a smoothie kick and my latest favorite combo is: 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 3/4 cup soy milk, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, pinch xanthan gum and half a scoop of Vanilla Sunwarrior–> LOVE!

• Surprised I actually enjoyed: I wasn’t convinced by the synopsis I had read online but still agreed to watch The Descendants over the weekend.  It was one of those movies where I barely looked at my phone.  Whether that was because of the plot or George Clooney, who knows ;) !
  • Getting frustrated by: Finishing a good tweet and then seeing I have “-1 characters left”.  All it does is make me wonder which grammar crime to commit!
  • Listening to: The variety of music on my iPod is huge.  One one side I have old school hip hop like Dr. Dre & Warren G and on the other side it’s filled with Bollywood tunes.  This week, the latter has been getting more attention:

What’s going on in your life?

Tracy's Treats February 8, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I thought The Descendants was great, too! It was sad, yet uplifting at the same time…does that make sense? And George Clooney is dreamy. Does that man age at all?!

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 11:56 am

Yes for sure, it was nice seeing the relationship between George Clooney grow.

Anand February 8, 2012 at 8:30 pm

It may not be new but Jab Mila Tu (from I Hate Luv Storys) is definitely my tune of the week. Such a good movie!

Parita @ myinnershakti February 8, 2012 at 8:59 pm

The tweet thing bugs me too! I’m currently rereading The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. And I really want to see The Descendants – did you like the story line?

Prathiba @ Vehemently Vegan February 9, 2012 at 11:58 am

I’ve read The Seven Habits like seven times…I learn something new every time. I grew up with the teen version on my bookshelf. I read it after every bad test grade. haha.

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 11:57 am

I really enjoyed it…would definitely recommend it! Good story + major eye candy= win!

Alexandra February 8, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I gotta go check out that word app, it sounds so cool! I’m lovin your music and amoothie combo too! :)

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 11:57 am

Such a fun app, almost as good as Words With Friends!

honeywhatscooking February 8, 2012 at 10:17 pm

wasn’t the descendants awesome? I loved it. watched, and man does George look handsome. I think even if he wasn’t in the movie, the movie would still be good. :-) I have to try that chickpea burger, looks delish! Love your desi songs collection.

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 11:58 am

I agree- it was refreshing to watch such an original storyline!

thisfitchick February 8, 2012 at 11:06 pm

haha love the layout of this post! that chickpea patty sure looks great. I got to some blending today with a protein shake!

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Thanks, it was a fun one to write :)

Tessa at Amazing Assett February 9, 2012 at 12:05 am

Hmm I need to go and get that app pronto! And I have been craving a new book to get into so I might check this one out!

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I highly recommend this book- I’m not really much of a reader but I was totally absorbed into it!

forgottenbeast February 9, 2012 at 12:35 am

Ohh, I don’t want to admit how much time I’ve wasted playing Word Warp–I LOVE that app! And no one else ever seems to have heard of it, so YES, making me happy to see others playing :D

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I thought the same thing when I read your comment- so glad I’m not the only who plays/loves it haha!

Errign February 9, 2012 at 2:25 am

This week has been hectic. I wish I could say I was just breezing on through it, but I’ve been a few degrees from full temper tantrums basically every day.

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Full temper tantrums…hmm I can relate to some level :)

Meg (A Dash of Meg) February 9, 2012 at 7:18 am

loved this babe :) and thanks for the recipe ;) i think i will eat it continuously too mwahahahaha

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Oh you must make it- definitiely a keeper of a recipe!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com February 9, 2012 at 10:08 am

Allie’s recipe is truly drool-worthy! Say what? It tastes like a hummus burger?!? I must try the recipe, like now :D

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Haha I’m just like that…I’m all over anything that includes hummus or some similarity!

Prathiba @ Vehemently Vegan February 9, 2012 at 12:01 pm

hummus burger….mmmm sound delicious!

also, i have been dying to get my hands on that book!! i read about it months ago and it’s been on my to-read list. do you like it?

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Loved it, such a quick yet insightful read!

Ameena February 9, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I read “Princess” and Sasoon’s subsequent books about 10 years ago. And they’ve still stuck with me! They were amazingly eye-opening and I can’t believe a movie hasn’t been made about them!

I hope you find the book as fascinating as I did!

Nada (One Arab Vegan) February 9, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I have an inkling the government censorship has something to do with that Ameena ;)

Totally agree with you, the twitter thing is so annoying! Although I do appreciate how it forces you to be succinct, some people on FB just do not get the point of a status update.

Also thank you for reminding me to make those hummus patties soon!

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Ameena – Are her subsequent books sequels to Princess? I absolutely loved it so will definitely check out her other books. I truly found it fascinating, and grateful that we have it so easy in this day and age!

Nada- I also tried making the burgers with a flax egg in lieu of the egg white and it worked like a charm!

onehealthymunchkin February 9, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Your smoothie sounds perfect to me! Strawberry + banana is the best combination!

What’s going on in my life? Studying. Fueled by lots and lots of hummus, avocado and veggie sandwiches. I think I’ve eaten them for lunch 4 days in a row! :P

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Hope your exams went well!…and for what it’s worth, I’ve repeated the same lunch 4 days this week and I’m still not fed up :)

Alyse February 9, 2012 at 11:44 pm

I am a giant boggle nerd, and I didn’t know about word warp. Thanks for the tip. Download starts now!

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Hope you get as addicted as I am :D

Brittany February 10, 2012 at 1:11 am

That burger looks amazing..droolworthy. I am amazed by the idea of visually impaired massage therapists..great for them!! I love it.

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:08 pm

It was really amazing..inspirational if anything!

Tara February 10, 2012 at 1:38 am

Ohhh man I totally feel ya on twitter. You get so close to a perfect tweet… but then you’re just a few characters over! Drives me mad!!

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:08 pm

If only we got 10 more characters, eh!

Turtle-speed Runner February 10, 2012 at 8:54 am

I’ve been debating going to see The Descendants… it’s almost out of cinemas now lol and I’ve almost lost my chance… that hummus burger looks great too ;)

Khushboo Thadani February 10, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Good thing for DVDs, eh ;) !

jojo February 12, 2012 at 1:37 am

Now that I’m back running, I need new songs on my ipod!!! very badly.
So I’m on a search for good songs to work out with, I may try bollywood songs because it’s upbeat.. I need some change :) any suggestions?
I wish I had time to read books, now that classes started all I’m reading is my textbooks.. :(

Khushboo Thadani February 13, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Definitely try the songs I posted- with the exception of the first song, they are all very upbeat!

Jen February 15, 2012 at 10:01 am

I am just dying to see The Descendants!! :) Was too busy with Ek Mein Aur Ek TU :D And that Chickpea patties..I should try that!!