For those who commented on my last post on Orthorexia Nervosa, thanks! I really enjoyed reading all your thought-provoking comments :)! And now for a lighter post, here’s some of what I’ve been up to:
- Amazed by: I was recently brunching at Trident in Bandra Kurla Complex and there was a section of visually-impaired masseurs giving out foot massages. Rather than loathe in self-pity, I was amazed at their attempts to find alternative sources of income. Based on their senses of touch and hearing alone, they were able to master various massage techniques and identify various pressure points and identify pressure points. It just goes to show that whatever life throws at us, there is always some kind of skill which we can still learn.
- App-icted to: Word Warp! If you’re a
Boggle fannerd, you have to download this app! And even if you’re not, still download it because the app is free!
- Recommending you make: This recipe of Chickpea patties. In the past 5 days, I’ve eaten them for 3 meals and am still not fed up. Between the tahini, chickpeas, and garlic, it’s like a hummus burger!
- Blending: I’m on a smoothie kick and my latest favorite combo is: 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 3/4 cup soy milk, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, pinch xanthan gum and half a scoop of Vanilla Sunwarrior–> LOVE!
- Surprised I actually enjoyed: I wasn’t convinced by the synopsis I had read online but still agreed to watch The Descendants over the weekend. It was one of those movies where I barely looked at my phone. Whether that was because of the plot or George Clooney, who knows ;)!
- Getting frustrated by: Finishing a good tweet and then seeing I have “-1 characters left”. All it does is make me wonder which grammar crime to commit!
- Listening to: The variety of music on my iPod is huge. One one side I have old school hip hop like Dr. Dre & Warren G and on the other side it’s filled with Bollywood tunes. This week, the latter has been getting more attention:
What’s going on in your life?