If only there was a synonym for the term favourite that started with ‘M’ – damn alliteration! Unfortunately Monday Favourites doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as Friday Favourites but nonetheless here are some things I’ve been loving lately:
- I just started watching The Mindy Project 2 weeks ago and it’s safe to say that I am obsessed dot com. Aside from Friends & Modern Family, it’s rare for a TV show to actually make me laugh out loud but the entire cast constantly has me in hysterics all the time. And leeeeezzzz be honest, Dr. Castellano is certainly nice on the eyes. I came across this post on Instagram and had to share it:
Seriously though, how can you NOT love Mindy Kaling!
- After more than 5 years of living in Mumbai, I am absolutely thrilled that Epigamia has introduced Greek yogurt to India. Although Epigamia’s product line includes flavours like Honey Banana & Alphonso Mango, I prefer to buy the plain variety and sweeten it with honey or fresh fruit. Aside from my breakfast bowls of raw oat, Greek yogurt & peanut butter, I’ve been loving it as a sour cream replacement and marinade for chicken & fish.
- Speaking of marinades, do yourself a favour and stock up on these Nandos Peri Peri rub pouches. I’ve been marinating my proteins (e.g. chicken, fish, prawns, tofu) in ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and this marinade and I can’t even begin to tell you how flavourful the end result tastes!
- With all this food talk, how can I not mention the movie Burnt. Despite the predictable storyline, I personally loved it. Between Bradley Cooper, seeing glimpses of London, so much food porn, and Bradley Cooper (oh wait did I already mention him ;)), I’d definitely recommend it. Not every movie needs to be Oscar-worthy!
- Sweet potatoes have been my jam lately! Especially given the number of gluten-free products available of late, it’s all too easy to forget about this nature’s finest gluten-free delight! My favourite way to eat them is as fries especially since it takes all of 5 minutes to prep:
- Preheat oven to 180*C
- Once washed, slice sweet potato into 1/4-inch thick matchsticks. Leave the skin on.
- Transfer sweet potato to a baking tray, coat with cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown & tender.
- Sprinkle with your choice of seasoning before serving (e.g. Peri Peri seasoning, cumin, or simple salt & black pepper)
Side note: apparently McDonald’s is planning to introduce sweet potato fries on their menu!
And if fries aren’t your thang,
we can’t be friends check out this drool-worthy link of 9 Super-Easy Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipes. Given my love for Greek Salads, you bet I’m planning to try the Baked Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Feta, Olives, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes!
Nothing like a bunch of randomness to start the week! Have a great one & wishing you all a Happy Diwali in advance!
What food/movie/TV show are you loving lately?