Eating out in London

by Khushboo on September 7, 2015

There are several things I love (and miss) about London: the weather most of the time, the people, the freedom to walk, the extensive selection in grocery stores, the parks and undoubtedly: the restaurant scene.  Whether you’re looking for a heavily overpriced plate of black cod or want to pick up a quick shawarma on-the-go, the options are almost endless.  Given that food in restaurants tends to be much heavier & greasier than food I’d eat at home, I normally don’t like to eat out more than 2-3 times a week.  However I found myself eating out almost daily during my stay in London.  It was definitely a case of wanting to try as many recommendations as I could before heading back to Mumbai.

I spend money on food

If you browse through my phone photo gallery, you’ll find primarily 2 categories of photos:

1. My cutie pie nephew
  2. Food

Clearly you know my priorities in life ;)!  In case you find yourself in London now or in the near future, I wanted to share some of my go-to recommendations:

Cachao - Asian Salad with Teriyaki Salmon

Asian salad with teriyaki salmon & veggie crisps

Omega-3 Salmon Supreme

Omega-3 Salmon Supreme

Chipotle Burrito Bowls

Mixed leaves salad with sesame-crusted ahi tuna

Mixed leaves salad with sesame-crusted ahi tuna

Prawn Linguine

Prawn Linguine

Sumosan

Quinoa salad with sweet potato, avocado chunks & peri peri chicken

Quinoa salad with sweet potato, avocado chunks & peri peri chicken breast

Pad Thai

Pad Thai

Pizza Express - Leggera Pollo ad Astra

Best cinnamon rolls!

Best cinnamon buns!

Black cod

Black cod

Flattened chicken breast with marinara sauce & steamed spinach

Flattened chicken breast with marinara sauce & steamed spinach

California roll, black cod roll & salmon avocado roll (from left to right)

California roll, black cod roll & salmon avocado roll (from left to right)

And trust me, I barely made a dent in my list of restaurants to try ;)!  In case you missed it, here are some links to other restaurant-related posts I shared while I was in London:

Despite going there multiple times, I don’t have a single picture of the dishes at one of my favourites this summer: North Audley Cantine which is right off Oxford Street.  I can’t recommend it enough, either for lunch, dinner and/or drinks.

What’s your favourite cuisine?

If you’ve been to London, what’s one of your favourite restaurants there? Nandos duh!

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen September 7, 2015 at 4:54 pm

London really does have an amazing restaurant scene – it’s so overwhelming! We ate two meals out per day there for 7 days and I barely made a dent in the restaurants I wanted to try. Some of my favourites were Polpo and 10 Greek Street. And now there’s some others in this post I want to try too!

Khushboo September 11, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Is your sister still working in England? Any chance of visiting her?

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen September 11, 2015 at 5:09 pm

She is! She’s there til the end of May – I may be able to sneak in a visit next spring, but we’ll have to see.

Cat September 7, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Love this! For once a restaurant round up I can actually try out myself 😉 Roka’s on my list of treats for sure! Now to add the rest… I just wish it wasn’t so expensive to eat out here!

Khushboo September 11, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Roka is expensive but SO worth it- definitely order the black cod when you go 🙂

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig September 7, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Since I’ve been in Italy, it’s really hit me how much money I wasted (but was it really wasted??) on eating out in London. Damn that city for being so overpriced! What’s funny is when I moved there I was blown away by how cheap everything was compared to Sydney… remind me not to move back to Australia any time soon.

Khushboo September 11, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Hahah the idea of Australia being more expensive than London scares me- I can’t (and don’t even want to) imagine!!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets September 7, 2015 at 11:05 pm

If you were to peruse my iPhone, you’d find a bunch of food, selfies, and the cats. 🙂

Khushboo September 11, 2015 at 1:00 pm

And bananas ;)?

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape September 8, 2015 at 8:19 am

Oh you have made me miss home with this one! I adore itsu and only came across it for the first time this year but I swear I could eat their daily and not get bored. And for london the prices were so good! Nandos is incredible and just so easy, if you know what I mean. You know you will get a good healthy feed their (my favourite the lemon and herb chicken with sweet potato wedges!). They have Nandos in Australia but it’s just not the same…
And pizza express does an amazing gluten free pizza…. Was always there for me when I needed my pizza fix!

Khushboo September 11, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Ah even though it’s a chain, Pizza Express is definitely one of my all-time favourite pizza places- ALWAYS measures up!

Parita @ myinnershakti September 9, 2015 at 11:10 pm

I love Thai, Mexican, and Greek food…a lot!

And the restaurants in London are amazing. Can’t wait to go back and hopefully try some of the ones you mentioned.

Khushboo September 11, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Hopefully we will be in London at the same time and be able to grab a bite together 🙂

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables September 10, 2015 at 8:06 pm

HAH! My phone is all food and nephew photos too! (I’ve got 2 cutie little nephews.) I finally got a new phone with more space because I was always running out!

Khushboo September 11, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Good call on the new phone! My nephew definitely helped seal the deal when decided whether to pay extra for more memory on my phone (naturally I did)!

Shashi at RunninSrilankan September 12, 2015 at 12:04 am

I just bookmarked this for when my daughter and visit London next! All your eats look delicious – my favorite cuisine is FOOD!