Was anyone else blown away by Lady Gaga’s performance at the Oscars on Sunday night?
I knew she had a great voice, but daaaay-umn- she killed it! I personally think this classy look suits her far more than some of the looks she pulled off in the best. Keeping up with the Sound of Music theme, here are a few of my favorite things…at least from this past week:
1) Wholemeal bagels a.k.a another reason why I am so grateful my body tolerates gluten fine. I’ve been hooked on these for lunch this week. My go-to sandwich combos is often turkey, avocado & mustard but a bagel topped with good ol’ butter never fails either.
2) Have you guys heard of peanut flour? It’s made by grinding peanuts and then removing the oil. As a result, peanut flour is relatively high in protein while being lower in fat- two tablespoons (30g) has 123 calories, 3.6g of fat & 15g of protein. After hearing much about it, I recently bought a packet & I’m a fan. I mixed in a couple of tablespoons into my smoothie and loved that it added a delicious peanut buttery flavor- just what I was going for. Is it a good substitute for peanut butter? In terms of flavor (e.g. in smoothies, oatmeal & peanut sauce) then yes. For instances where you don’t want to compromise on texture & creaminess (e.g. in sandwiches or as a fruit dipper), I’d stick with peanut butter.
3) And while the rest of the world is talking about snow storms, this is how I spent my morning yesterday. Even though the weather in Mumbai is getting super hot, I am happy that swimming season is back!
4) As you probably know by now, oats are a staple for me at home. Nutrition aside, they’re just so versatile. If you’re looking for more ways to add this glorious grain to your diet, check out my recent post on Huffington Post: An Ode to Oats.
5) And speaking of Huffington Post, check out this article on The Day I Banned the ‘F’ Word From Our House. It’s a super read on how ‘fat talk’ in front of kids can shape them in the long-term.
6) The Oscars might be over but I’m still playing catch-up with some of the nominated films. I finally saw American Sniper last night. I wish I saw it in the cinema but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I thought Bradley Cooper did a bloody great acting job. I read something crazy like he ate 8,000 calories per day to gain 40 lbs & did twice-a-day voice coaching sessions…all to look & sound like Chris Kyle.
♫ ♫ Brown paper packages tied up with strings…These are a few of my favorite things ♫ ♫
What’s your favorite bagel/sandwich combo?
What movie do you think should have won the Oscar this year? Theory of Everything