Thinking Out Loud #2

by Khushboo on February 5, 2015

I need a new intro line- I keep starting my posts with Hey guys!  Today I am thinking out loud courtesty of Amanda…so don’t be surprised that this post is all over the place:

• Remember how I went through a phase with soy cappuccinos at Starbucks? Yeah, I’m over them.  The barista made mine way too milky a few weeks ago & the drink ended up sitting in my stomach like a rock…so much that I’ve started to drink my coffee black even at home.  My wallet kinda loves the fact that I am no longer heading to Starbucks for a daily fix.
  • On the topic of drinks, I’ve been obsessed with this chocolate-orange flavored tea which my brother bought for my mom (and hence became mine by default ;)).  No it does not tastes just  like chocolate but it does a pretty damn good job at hitting the spot.  For my friends in London who are interested in trying it out, check out the Kumsi Tea store on Marylebone High Street.

Kumsi tea

• You know you are a TV junkie when you finish a season of any TV show in less than 3 days…which is exactly what happened with me & The Affair over the weekend.  You guys- this show is AMAZING!  It’s based on an affair (go figure) & told in the form of flashbacks by the 2 participants as they are individually question about what led to someone’s death.  It’s interesting to see how both their recollections & perceptions of the exact same situation differ.  As unique as the show’s format is, I’ll admit that what initially draw me into the show was that Joshua Jackson stars in it….and yes he is looking better than ever.

The Affair

Source

• Speaking of Joshua Jackson, any other Dawson’s Creek fans here?  If you ask me, the show should’ve been called Pacey’s Creek- he was obviously the better of the two.

dawsons creek

Source

• A few friends & I got together earlier this week for a potluck dinner.  With a spread like this, it definitely beat going out to eat:

Potluck

A lot of deliciousness going on up there including:

-Quinoa & butterbean salad
-Roasted squash
-Pesto spaghetti
-Jalapeño hummus
-Chicken & paneer salad
-Unpictured chicken cutlets
-Crudités  & lavache

And of course the obligatory Lindt for dessert!  I sure picked the right friends ;).

Like a good steak, put a fork in me because I am done!

What was your favourite TV show growing up?

Pacey or Dawson?

How do you drink your coffee?

Shashi @ RunninSrilankan February 5, 2015 at 3:25 pm

So- I never watched Dawson’s Creek – nor have I watched The Affair – but that double perspective hing has me fascinated! Amanda aka Spoons once blogged about Godiva Chocolate Truffle coffee and currently – that and my Keurig Mochas are my fav’s – no creamer needed – specially with the Keurig coffee! Do y’all have an IKEA there? If so – have you tried their coffee? So So Good!!! No cream/sugar needed!
That’s quite a spread y’all have – I would rather eat in than eat out any day – convo always seems to flow better – Happy Thursday Khushboo! xx

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Ohh we don’t have an Ikea here but I have been to the one in China & London- love it! Their ice creams are meant to fab too but now I want to try their coffee!!

Anita Kimatrai February 5, 2015 at 3:42 pm

How about friends, Romans and countrymen :))

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:50 pm

FRIENDS will never get old!!

Arman @ thebigmansworld February 5, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Oh God, we have so many teas here which lie. Candy cane, apple pie blah blah blah. Yes, in store when they add sugar and all those stuff but NOT at home!

I never watched DC but Niki is watching the OC right now ON REPEAT.

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Hahah dude send me a tea package- I’m all over those flavours 🙂

Letizia@thefitlabel February 5, 2015 at 6:28 pm

I LOVED Dawson’s creek when I was younger! And I definitely preferred Pacey!! Dawson was annoying!! My favourite TV show was Friends though. Even now I still think it’s awesome 🙂

I usually drink one cappuccino (cow’s milk) with my breakfast, and then I have 1-2 cups of coffee with half & half throughout the day.

I have that same Kusmi tea and I love it!!

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Haha Dawson was SO annoying! Have you tried the mint choc tea at Kumsi? That’s next on my list to try!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 5, 2015 at 6:41 pm

The SAME THING happened to me with cappuccinos from Bux! That’s why I stopped drinking them as well. And the few times I’ve had one since had been disappointing — I don’t know if they changed something or what, but now I prefer drinking my coffee at home… especially since I got my milk frother and can make almond milk lattes. And I had that same Buzzfeed article in my post today 😆 It made me all sorts of nostalgic.

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Just the word “Encarta” brought back SO many memories- GOOD times!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig February 5, 2015 at 6:46 pm

Ooooh I loved Dawson’s Creek! Girl, you need to get to T2!

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:52 pm

When we meet next, take me please!!

Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli February 5, 2015 at 7:12 pm

I was a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan as a teenager. I still remember the day it premiered when I was in seventh grade and having vivid memories of listening to Vanessa Carlton’s 1000 years on repeat because it was the song on the commercial. Yeah, just a tad embarrassing.

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Oh you’re nota lone- I used to listen to that song on repeat too…out of choice!!

Erin@BeetsPerMinute February 5, 2015 at 8:57 pm

Team Pacey all the way! Dawson annoyed me. I didn’t know about The Affair or that Joshua Jackson is in it. Totally watching it – he’s adorable. Thanks for the info!

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Let me know what you think, Erin…it’s amazing!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 5, 2015 at 10:50 pm

so I’ve never seen an episode of Dawsons Creek. Is that terrible? Favourite TV show as a kid was probably The Simpsons…pretty high-class taste there 😉

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:53 pm

OMG Sam…I’m kinda envious that you haven’t seen it because you have so much to look forward to- start it!

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen February 5, 2015 at 10:53 pm

Funny you mention Dawson’s Creek – I’m just rewatching the series now! I’m totally team Pacey. I didn’t actually watch Dawson’s Creek until towards the end of the show though. My favourite tv show growing up was 7th Heaven!

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Ooh I think I might follow suit & re-watch it too!

Miss Polkadot February 6, 2015 at 6:19 am

Wow, I feel like the odd one out here because while I do think Dawson’s Creek was aired over here at some point it was before we got cable. Yes, it’s true. So I could list a few German shows nobody knows here 😉 .

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Haha it’s never too late to watch it- you would love it 🙂

Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health February 6, 2015 at 7:45 am

i like my coffee straight mostly but sometimes i go for little cream and sugar – real stuff 🙂

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Sounds like a delicious cup of coffee to me 🙂

Kaylin @ Enticing Healthy Eating February 6, 2015 at 7:52 am

Speaking of TV shows, I’ve recently become addicted to The Blacklist. It’s SO good! And intense, every episode is intense. I haven’t seen The Affair, sounds interesting though!

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Oh I have heard of it- will add that to my list of shows to watch next!

Jess February 6, 2015 at 8:58 am

Loved Dawson’s Creek! Amazing show! Your friends are amazing with that sort of pot luck spread!

Khushboo February 6, 2015 at 2:55 pm

They really are amazing 🙂

Brittany February 6, 2015 at 9:02 pm

Haha boooo to milky latte’s. I am a black coffee fanatic. I can’t drink the soy latte’s at Starbucks, they are SO sweet. I will once every blue moon snag a big of leftover steamed soy and add the foam to my coffee.

Khushboo February 7, 2015 at 11:52 am

Over here they use the plain soy milk so luckily it’s not sweet at all!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets February 6, 2015 at 9:15 pm

I loved Dawson’s Creek and Pacey was my favorite too. Dawson always seemed so whiny to me and annoying. Ha.

That spread looks fantastic! You have some good friends.

Khushboo February 7, 2015 at 11:52 am

Hahah Dawson was SO whiny!