First post of 2015

by Khushboo on January 5, 2015

Happy 2015 guys- hope your year is off to a great start!  It looks like this is my first post of 2015.  Someone once told me that what you do at the start of the year tends to mark how the rest of your year pans out.  If that holds any truth, it looks like I’m in for a year of travel…and I don’t mind one bit!  I brought in the new year in Dubai which was a blast and a half, and then continued the festivities in Jaipur for a childhood friend’s wedding- is it me or is it surreal to watch friends your own age get married! When did we become adults?

Vas Vegas

Although there was plenty of delicious food consumed in the past week, especially given I ate my heart out with the Lebanese food in Dubai, does it make me a terrible healthy living bloger to admit that Shake Shack was undoubetedly one of the highlights?  This was my first time trying it out (and my first time eating fast food in over 5 years with Chipotle being the exception), and damn it was SO. FREAKIN’.DELICIOUS!  As greasy as the meal was, I love that Shake Shack uses 100% beef in their burgers and no hormones or antibiotics.  I ate it at while “hanging” at the airport Dubai and I gotta say, it made for the perfect meal on January 1st if you know what I mean ;)!

Shake Shack

I’m still playing catch-up with work & life but I am back on speed on the food front…obviously!  I stocked up this morning on loads of fresh veggies, fruit, avocado, freshly baked bread, yogurt, almond milk & some eggs–> nothing like a few days away to make you want to go back to the basics!

Rambagh Palace, Jaipur

Rambagh Palace, Jaipur

One more thing before I end this post: as of this morning I’m doing a Get Back on Track with K Weigh” Week on K Weigh’s Instagram.  Captions are longer than normal & full of valuable info & clean eating tips to keep you motivated, so do follow K Weigh on Instagram if you aren’t already!

Have a great Monday, guys…especially as it’s the first Monday of 2015 eep!

What’s your favourite fast food joint?

How did you bring in 2015?

gopinath January 5, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Happy new year 2015. Thats a great start of new year for you. Hope to see more wonderful blogs this year too. Enjoy.

Khushboo January 6, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Happy new year to you too- hope 2015 is a great year for you :)!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig January 5, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Happy new year! So jealous of your travel – I’m counting down to my holiday next week!

Khushboo January 6, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Oh and I sit here jealous of your upcoming travel 😉

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 5, 2015 at 11:23 pm

I’ve never tried Shake Shack! I want to though. I did, however, do the burger and fries thing for dinner on Saturday and it was everything.

Khushboo January 6, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Next time you’re in the US, add Shake Shack to your “To Eat” list ;)!

Nikhita January 5, 2015 at 11:46 pm

LOVE Shake Shack! But I def know what you mean about going back to the basics. I ate at Ellipsis for brunch on New Years Day, and abandoned my healthy eating on vacation, but now that I’m back in NYC, I have consumed enough kale to feed a small village! Your ‘Get Back on Track’ feature on Instagram is also super helpful! Thank you for all the inspiration Khushboo, and have the best 2015!

Khushboo January 6, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Love Ellipsis brunch but I can only eat it every few months- it’s a bit too heavy! What did you guys order?

Thanks for your kind words <3!

Parita @ myinnershakti January 6, 2015 at 12:17 am

Chipotle (if that’s even considered fast food) is probably my favorite! But you really can’t beat Shake Shack’s shakes…what kind did you get??

And I love the K weigh week on FB – looking forward to reading your tips!

Khushboo January 6, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Ooh I need to try their shakes next time- I don’t think my stomach could’ve handled one on top of the burger & fries. I ended up getting the freshly brewed iced tea which was a fab alternative to water without the nasty chemicals!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 6, 2015 at 4:06 am

I’m not ashamed to admit that McD’s will always and forever be my #1 fast food joint… probably for their fries and sweet ‘n’ sour sauce. And is it horrible of me to say that I’m actually happy the holidays are over so that I can get back to my routine? The past couple of weeks have had me all out of whack and… I miss sleep!

Happy New Year, Khushboo!

Khushboo January 6, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Sweet ‘n’ sour sauce??? Dude it’s ALL about the BBQ sauce over there ;)! And I’ so with you about being happy about routine again!

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen January 6, 2015 at 5:25 am

I’ve never been to Shake Shack (we don’t have them in Canada) but it sounds and looks good! Chipotle is probably my favourite fast food place, with Subway coming in second.

Khushboo January 6, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Do you guys have a Chipotle in Canada?

dixya@food, pleasure, and health January 6, 2015 at 9:48 am

funny you mentioned about friends getting married, im visiting my childhood friend in seatle soon to see her new baby..its crazy!!!!

Khushboo January 6, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Oh wow- that is amazing yet nuts!!

Arman @ thebigmansworld January 6, 2015 at 2:18 pm

I’m still in disbelief that there’s a shake shack at Dubai airport. Well, not really but still…WHY DO THEY HAVE EVERYTHING.

It honestly scares me how many of my friends are getting engaged, married and here I am baking a potato.

Khushboo January 6, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Haha seriously- Dubai has the best of ALL worlds! And your baking potato comment cracked me up- you and me both!!

Lucie@FitSwissChick January 6, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Look at you ladies!!!!
Oh wow, I missed Shake Shack obviously last time when I had a transfer flight from Dubai. Must go back! 🙂

As you, I stocked up on fresh produce and lean proteins to finally structure my eating days again and getting rid of my sugar/booze coma – it’s needed!!

Khushboo January 6, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Haha Shake Shack is all the more reason to fly in Emirates- transit just got a whole lot more exciting ;)!

Jess January 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Happy New Year! It is funny I am 30, married with 3 kids and I keep wondering when the real adult is going to come and take over haha.

Khushboo January 6, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Haha I remember the days when 26 felt like an adult age…not so much anymore ;)!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets January 7, 2015 at 8:59 pm

It looks like you greeted the new year with a bang and a shake, all while rocking out in a castle, estate, palace thing. Not too shabby.

Happy New Year!!

Khushboo January 8, 2015 at 10:45 am

Hahah you know how we do 😉

Shashi @ runninsrilankan January 8, 2015 at 12:52 am

Happy New Year Khushboo! I have heard folks say that what you do in NYs is what you will be doing the rest of the year – but not sure I buy it as every New Years Eve I stay home and vegging out, but the opposite of that happens the rest of the year!
A Shake Shack just opened up in Atlanta and they have a line out the door every time I drive by – I guess it’s THAT good?! I don’t eat out a lot but if I had to pick – my favorite would have to be Chick FilA! You ever thought of relocating to Dubai?

Khushboo January 8, 2015 at 10:46 am

Happy New Year to you too Shashi! And you must go try Shake Shack soon- definitely worth the wait :)! I love going to Dubai on holiday but not sure I want to live there…at least for the time being!

Ashley @ A Lady Goes West January 8, 2015 at 10:43 am

Hi K! You know, we all have to dig into some fast or convenient food every once in a blue moon. If I had to choose, it would be Chipotle, but I don’t have it that often. I’m a big fan of sweets too though, so maybe Dairy Queen? hahaha Whatever! Healthy for 80 percent, not-so-much for 20 percent. That’s life! 🙂

Khushboo January 8, 2015 at 10:47 am

I couldn’t agree more- plus life’s too short to not enjoy the less healthy stuff. I’ve never tried Dairy Queen but am almost certain I would LOVE their blizzards- they sound right up my alley :)!