Hey guys! After Monday’s wordy post on gluten-free diets, I thought I’d keep it light-hearted around here today. One “trick” I’ve learned over the years to ensure I have a great day is to appreciate the simple pleasures in life, even if it’s something as small as my favourite song playing on the radio. After all, these little things which we tend to take for granted ultimately add up a HUGE result: Happiness. While there are countless little things to be grateful, here are a few simple pleasures for the healthy foodie. Chances are many of you can agree with a handful of them ;):
1) Slicing open an avocado that’s perfectly ripe & green
2) Flipping an omelet & it stays in tact
3) Opening a jar of natural nut butter and the oil hasn’t separated
4) Seeing your favorite food and/or Whole Foods on sale
5) When the protein powder scooper is not buried in the bottom of the packet/jar
6) When berries come back in season
7) The first sip of coconut water after a workout
8) Make-your-own salad bars
9) The smell of freshly brewed coffee….
10) ….and homemade banana bread (bonus points if it’s vegan, high-protein or both 😉)
11) Having just enough almond milk to use in your bowl of oatmeal
12) Finding a recipe that calls for only ingredients that you already have in your pantry.
13) Seeing the following 3 words on a restaurant menu: brown.rice.sushi
14) Or even better: sweet.potato.fries
15) Breakfast in bed
16) Licking hummus off a spoon
17) Food/drinks served in a mason jar
18) The rare occurrence when organic produce costs the same as conventional varieties
19) Finding new versions of your old favorites that are now made from alternative flours- millet pancakes or quinoa pasta anyone?
20) Eating a bowl of ‘real’ ice cream…because let’s be real, fro yo just ain’t the same ;)!
How many of the above applied for you?
What are some of your simple pleasures, food-based or not?