Currently (October 2014)

by Khushboo on October 13, 2014

Hey guys! Hope you had a great weekend!  For a weekend that started off with minimal plans, it ended up being pleasantly jam-packed.  It’s been a while since I put up a Currently survey so here we go:

Current Book:  Don’t judge me but the last book I read was: Sophie Kinsella’s I’ve Got Your Number.  Her books are a far cry from being literary works of art, but I have a soft spot for her since I read the Shopaholic series.

Sophie Kinsella

Current Guilty Pleasure: Binge-watching TV shows.  I finished the first season of Tyrant, which was ah-mazing, in 2 days and I’m currently in the middle of playing catch-up with Suits!

Current Music: It might be pretty old but I can’t get enough of Calvin Harris’s I Need Your Love

Current Drink:
 Pots worth of Jasmine tea…thank the lawd it’s naturally caffeine-free!

Current Nail Color: I can’t remember the name, which is a shame, but I am currently rocking a sexy shade of red from OPI on my feet.

Current TV Show: See above.

Current Obsession: My new coasters- talk about an instant pick-me-up!

coasters

Current Need: An iPhone 6…I say need because as of last week, my lock/power button on my 4s has stopped working.  Silver or gold, gold or silver??

Current Bane of My Existence:  Autocorrect…when I say ‘haha’ I don’t mean ‘hash’ and stop changing my ‘omg’ to ‘OMG’–> I’m not that excited!  Another classic Autocorrect move is changing my ‘delish food’ to ‘relish food’…er what??  It gets even worse when I type Indian names!

Current Indulgence:  Good food with good company…and fortunately that’s happened rather frequently lately!  I had dinner with a good friend on Friday night at Sassy Spoon & ate quite possibly one of the yummiest dishes in a long time: Harissa Chicken Skewers with a Garlic Yogurt Dip.  Due to dim lighting, the picture doesn’t do justice…even with the help of Instagram filters ;).

Harissa Chicken Skewers

Current Blessing: So much but right now, I am especially grateful for  air-conditioning. It sure gets hot in Mumbai in October!

Current Mood: Buzzed & fully charged…thanks to the overly strong cup of coffee I just drank.

Current Triumph: I went for an event a few weeks ago and won 3rd place in a raffle.  The prize was an all-paid, 2-night stay at the Sheraton Hotel in Macau.  Considering I never win raffles, I was pleasantly surprised.  Now I just need to make sure I claim it before March 2015.

Current Food: About to tuck into some cantaloupe after I finish up this post

Cantaloupe

Current Link: 11 Avocado Struggles Only Avocado Lovers Truly Understand.…especially #3.  Story.of.my.life!

What’s your current…

…mood?

…food?

…TV show?

…triumph?

Arman @ thebigmansworld October 13, 2014 at 2:26 pm

congrats on winning that prize- how exciting! I could faceplant that chicken- no filters necessary. Current food is potatoes. But that’s standard.

Khushboo October 14, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Thanks Arman! Hope there’s some ketchup involved with the potatoes 🙂

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig October 13, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Yay for a free hotel stay! I’m so jealous of your heat. It’s so cold in London that my bones are rattling!

Khushboo October 14, 2014 at 7:46 pm

As much as I complain about the heat, I wouldn’t trade it for London winter- brutally painful!!

Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli October 13, 2014 at 5:46 pm

I got the gold iPhone 6 because I’m fancy ;).
Umm…so not, but I can pretend.

Khushboo October 14, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Haha you go girl 🙂

Parita @ myinnershakti October 13, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Love these currently posts, K. May have to steal the idea!

My current mood = content, food = organic Greek yogurt with PB, TV show = The Mindy Project (my obsession is still going strong!), and triumph = running 4.5 miles on Saturday without stopping once (it’s been a while!).

Khushboo October 14, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Please do steal it- it’s a fun survey to fill in! WAY TO GO on the run- proud of you, girl 🙂

Shashi @ runninsrilankan October 13, 2014 at 6:05 pm

omg – wit I meant OMGEEE – Congrats on winning that raffle!!!! I never win much in raffles/drawings so I know EXACTLY how you feel – and girl…I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who liked so many shows I do – first Mistresses and now Tyrant!!! Those coasters so do rock!
My current show has been a series of oldies from 2006 – Friday Night Lights: the TV series – my daughter and I watched the first 5 episodes Saturday night – yup we are hooked!

Khushboo October 14, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Haha we are totes on the same wavelength! Tell me you’re a Devious Maids fan too??

Alyssa @ The Healthy RD October 13, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I totally feel ya on the autocorrect thing! Ever since I updated my software to iOs 8 my autocorrect has been all over the place.

Khushboo October 14, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Annoying or what!!

Lucie@FitSwissChick October 13, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Do you need someone to join you on the Sheraton trip? 🙂 congrats!!

And I suggest you take the silver – I have gold,but it doesn’t really fit with the white color. So, silver 🙂
As for current food: eat allll the kabocha!!

Khushboo October 14, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Errr please do- the prize is entitled to 2 people :)! Your love for kabocha sounds like mine for oven-baked pumpkin lately

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables October 14, 2014 at 2:25 am

Those coasters are awesome!!! And I love eating cantaloupe like that 🙂

Khushboo October 14, 2014 at 7:48 pm

It feels so much more satisfying this way, right!

Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy October 14, 2014 at 4:07 am

How about Current MOVIE?

I seriously want to get my hands on Annabelle. Have you seen the trailer?

Khushboo October 14, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Oooh I haven’t seen the trailer but it’s actually out in the cinema here- I should try and catch it!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 14, 2014 at 6:34 am

Dude, that is an awesome prize. Congratulations. You better celebrate that one.

I loved the Shopaholic series. I even own them all. #noshameinourgame

Khushboo October 14, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Haahha yessss I knew I loved you for a reason…Shopaholic was the best- I kinda wanna go re-read them 🙂

Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 14, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Gold, gold, GOLD! Definitely go for the gold 😀 I went in to pick up a 6 this past weekend but they were all out of the gold ones so I had to go home and order one online. Le boo. These next few days are going to be the longest of my life since my 4 (not even the s!!) is ready to kick the bucket. And congrats on winning the raffle! I never win things like that either, so I’d be just as shocked.

Khushboo October 14, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Hahah ok ok sorry to sound like a complete asK-hole but I ended up going for silver. My mom got gold so thought it was the smart choice to avoid confusion in the future.

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen October 14, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Haha I have the exact same problems with autocorrect! And that chicken looks awesome. I had a harissa chicken dish at restaurant a few months ago and loved it.

My current food is Thanksgiving leftovers. Yummm!

Khushboo October 16, 2014 at 10:33 am

Mmm leftovers are the best, even more so when they are from Thanksgiving 🙂

Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness October 14, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Yeah i’ve been rocking red OPI on my fingers lately. I was expecting to not like it, but ive been loving it. I have navy on my toes currently. (and it might be next for fingers 🙂 ) Drink– coffee! Food– does coffee w/ loads of half and half count? (The way i drink coffee might technically qualify it as a dessert 🙂 )

Khushboo October 16, 2014 at 10:33 am

Oooh I like the idea of navy on my toes- must remember next time 🙂

Brittany October 15, 2014 at 4:24 am

Mood- HAPPY
Food – ALL THINGS SQUASH and nut butter..together.
Tv Show – I’m boring and don’t watch much TV
Triumph…my half marathon last Sunday!

Khushboo October 16, 2014 at 10:33 am

Roasted squash is soo good with nut butter…and hummus…and huac…and EVERYTHING!!

honeywhatscooking October 15, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I’m loving those coasters.
Current mood is sad. I don’t know why.
Current show – watching lots of Sex and the City reruns.
Good post.

Khushboo October 16, 2014 at 10:32 am

Aww man hope you are in a cheerier mood, Nisha!

GiGi Eats October 16, 2014 at 10:20 am

Well I just turned on that Elle Goulding music video and now I am JAMMING OUT – ha ha ! I feel like I should be in the car because that’s when I am always listening to jams! 😉

Khushboo October 16, 2014 at 10:32 am

Cars + music go hand-in-hand together!