Currently (May 2014 Edition)

by Khushboo on June 2, 2014

Hi guys…and happy June!  I am currently in Scotland for a few days but thought it would be fun to round up May by recapping some of my current favorites. I am a sucker for surveys so am doing one my friend Amanda often does.

Current Book:  Errr I’ve been meaning to read The Book Thief so does that count?

Current Guilty Pleasure: Retail therapy!  Since I’ve gotten to London I feel like a kid in a candy store…but only a grown-up on Oxford street!  I need to calm down, especially since I’m still here for another month.

photo 2

Selfridges

Current Music: I’ve been listening to old school favorites such as Jagged Edge Let’s Get Married & 112 Peaches & Creamsome songs never get old!

Current Drink: Along with water, I’ve been guzzling down milk like it’s my job.  Aside from coconut & unsweetened almond milk, I can’t get enough of Alpro Chocolate Almond Milk…even better when it’s heated.

photo 2

Current Nail Color: Au naturel on my nails but I have Essie Style Hunter on my toes (crimson)

Current Wish: World peace?  Beauty pageants aside, I really wish the Boko Haram kidnapping in Nigeria comes to an end ASAP and that all the girls return to their families.

Current Obsession: I’m not really obsessed with it, but I think the Selfridges current #beautyproject is awesome.  To celebrate all definitions of beauty, it’s a six- week programme of pioneering talks, interactive debates and immersive beauty experiences.

photo 1

Selfridges window display

Current Need: I might have plenty of wants but I don’t need anything per say…I’m blessed with enough.

Current Triumph: An invitation to the Forbes India ‘30 under 30’ Event, which celebrates the creativity, power and influence of young entrepreneurs and achievers who have already created benchmarks in their respective fields.  I so wish that I could be in Mumbai to attend it tonight!

Current Bane of My Existence: Rainy weather.  Seriously London, it’s June..get with the program!

Current Food: Cereal!  You guys know I’m 99% an oatmeal-for-breakfast girl but lately I’ve been all about bran flakes with ice cold milk…and lots of blueberries to celebrate berry season!

photo 1

Current Indulgence: We recently switched over to TEMPUR®  pillows & I don’t think I can go back to regular pillows.  The marketing claim that TEMPUR® material responds to your body’s unique shape, weight, and temperature, automatically adapting to support your body is 100% accurate…I can vouch for that!

Current Procrastination: I have a daily to-do list and the same task keeps rolling over to the next day: Deposit cheque.  Somebody hold me accountable and make sure I do it before the end of this week!

Current Blessing: My family..my friends…you all who read this…life is good 🙂

Current Mood: Excited for what the next few weeks have in store!

Current Link: 29 Incredibly Useful Websites You Wish You Knew Earlier…you guys are welcome!

What’s your current favorite

…Music?
…Drink?
…Food?
…Indulgence?

Shashi @ RunninSrilankan June 2, 2014 at 2:10 pm

CONGRATS on the Forbes India “30 under 30” invite – Khushboo that’s awesome!!! Love your current need! And yup – thank YOU – zero dollar movies here I come! 🙂

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 3:41 am

Pooja June 2, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Awesome list – I miss selfridges so much!! Congrats on the party invite, that really is very cool…
My favorite music is michael jackson “love never felt so good” I could play it on repeat right now
Drink – loving summer rose wine yum
Food – my breakfast protein pancake with honey – it feels so indulgent

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 3:42 am

Oh I would love to try that protein pancake recipe if you wouldn’t mind sharing 🙂

Arman @ thebigmansworld June 2, 2014 at 3:30 pm

That is absolutely amazing to be invited to such an event, K- and well deserved! So jealous your in London- one of the best cities ever!

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 3:42 am

Thanks so much, Arman 🙂

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 2, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Congrats on the Forbes invite! Such a well-deserved invite. And thank you for reminding me that I have to paint my toenails…

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 3:50 am

Thanks Sam! What color did you paint your toes?

Parita @ myinnershakti June 2, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Wow! Congrats on the Forbes invite – that’s so awesome!! 🙂

And my current favorite music is anything Bollywood. It’s my way of preparing for the next round of weddings we’re attending! 🙂 LOL.

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 3:46 am

Thanks, P! I just came from an Indian wedding so I have Bollywood on repeat. Listen to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kShTN0Jz6Jg

Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 2, 2014 at 9:38 pm

😆 I filled out the exact same survey today — great minds <3 And congrats again on Forbes, lady! That's freaking amazing and you definitely deserve it! Here's my answers:

…Music? Red Lights by Tiësto
…Drink? ALL the coffee!
…Food? Ice cream :mrgreen:
…Indulgence? Afternoon naps! Those 4 AM wakeup calls are killing me!

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 3:47 am

Great minds indeed :D! I am with you about coffee- I’ve drunk so much in the past 3 days that I feel like I have coffee running through my bloodstream 😉

P June 3, 2014 at 2:16 am

Awesome job on the invite! What an accomplishment indeed :)!

Haven’t tried warm almond milk before, but if you say it’s good, I shall give it a go.

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 3:47 am

Thanks so much, P!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig June 3, 2014 at 2:19 am

The weather has been beautiful the past three days – you’re missing out! That Alpro chocolate almond milk is dangerous. I can highly recommend adding Baileys to a hot mug of it!

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 3:48 am

Ohh just the idea of Baileys & chocolate milk sounds heavenly- good call 😀

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen June 3, 2014 at 4:34 am

Woah congrats on the invite to that event – that’s such a huge honour!

My current favourites:
Music – I actually haven’t been listening to too much music lately! I’ve been really into listening to podcasts while exercising.
Drink – wine! I definitely had a lot of it this weekend haha.
Food – cold oatmeal made with kefir for breakfast. I’m so hooked!
Indulgence – chocolate. Always chocolate. 😉

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 3:48 am

Thanks so much Chelsea :)! I love working out to podcasts too- any you recommend?

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen June 4, 2014 at 5:48 am

I’ve been listening to Holistic Health Diaries – they’re from the city where I used to go to school and I briefly volunteered with one of the girls. They have some good ideas and some neat guest speakers, and one of the girls is going for her PhD so the information tends to be pretty evidence based. Not always though – some things I take with a grain of salt!

I’ve been wanting to get into other podcasts though – which ones do you recommend??

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Oh awesome, will check it out! I love listening to the Jillian Michaels Show podcasts…she’s pretty humorous, yet informative!

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen June 4, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Oh I’ve listened to some of hers! I enjoy them too.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 3, 2014 at 8:41 am

Music: Lumineers. I can’t get enough!
Drink: Water. I’ve had too much wine. 😉
Food: Berries.
Indulgence: Travel.

Enjoy London… even if it is raining!

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 3:49 am

SO glad it’s berry season <3

Brittany June 3, 2014 at 7:04 pm

You’re in SCOTLAND!? OHH no big deal…I AM SO JEALOUS! HAHA. Ohh that almond milk sounds tasty, and I now want a bowl of cereal. WITH the chocolate almond milk…BOOM!

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 3:50 am

Haha no biggie at all..JOKES ;)! I am so bummed I didn’t take my trainers- so much beauty to run in!

z June 4, 2014 at 6:21 pm

wow, I lovee this post. Can I steal it?

Khushboo June 4, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Of course 🙂

Jess June 5, 2014 at 4:01 am

Congrats on the Forbes 30 under 30! So impressive! And wow I want to be in Scotland or London. I think you are totally entitled to go crazy on Oxford st shopping, in fact woukd be wrong not to hehe

Khushboo June 5, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Thanks so much, Jess 😀

Shreya June 5, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Ah! Can’t believe you’re in Scotland! That must be fun.

My current favourite food is blueberries too. Goes great with yoghurt!

Khushboo June 5, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Love berries & yogurt…especially if the latter is frozen 😉

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 9, 2014 at 9:39 pm

That is such fabulous news about the invite to 30 under 30. Congrats! You are awesome.

The morning of my wedding, the Hubby woke me to Jagged Edge’s Let’s Get Married, so obviously I love that song.

Khushboo June 10, 2014 at 3:28 am

Thanks so much, Meghan…and your hubby sounds AWESOME :D!