Friday Favorites: 05/16

by Khushboo on May 16, 2014

Happy Friday guys!  Thanks to all of you who commented on my post earlier this week on Happiness from Weight Loss.  There were some great points added to the discussion, so definitely check ‘em out.    I missed doing these Friday Favorites post so let’s get crackin’:

1) I can’t get enough of seeds lately, especially sunflower & pumpkin seeds.  For an enhanced flavor, I like to roast them in the oven for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.  Aside from being a delicious add-in for my salads & overnight oatmeal, they pack in quite a powerful nutritional punch.  Sunflower seeds alone contain selenium, vitamin E, magnesium & copper.

photo-126

2) If you’re looking for a movie to see this weekend, check out Million Dollar Arm.  I watched it lat week and loved it…especially as I went in with zero expectations. Without giving too much away, it’s about an American sports agent who comes to India in search of 2 boys with potential to be trained into Major League Baseball players.  Even though it’s classified as ‘biological sports drama’, it’s a total feel-good movie.

Million-Dollar-Arm-WeLiveFilm-Movie-Review

3) Hyde Park in London is still my #1 place to run, but running on Marine Drive in Mumbai is pretty damn awesome too:

photo 1

Is that not stunning or what! I just need to force myself to get out of bed 30 minutes earlier next time to beat the heat.

4) Although I never got caught up in the One Tree Hill rage back in the day, this quote from Sophie Bush confirms that she is kinda awesome:

Hashtag WORD

Hashtag WORD

5) And to end on a rather delicious note, here’s an epic way to take your chocolate to the next level:

photo 1-14

Lindt + Almond (or peanut) Butter = DIY Reese’s…BOOM!

What’s the last movie you saw?

What’s your favorite oatmeal topping?

Finish this: Chocolate pairs best with _______________________

Shashi @ RunninSrilankan May 16, 2014 at 2:29 pm

I saw the trailer to Million dollar arm and have been wanting to see it, I haven’t been to the movies since Divergent came out – did you catch that?
Marine Drive in Mumbai looks a lot like the Corniche in Abu Dhabi – gorgeous!
Lindt and AB – oh good golly yum! Any nutbutter and chocolate is a partay in my mouth!
Happy Friday Khushboo! Hope your weekend is wonderful!

Khushboo May 17, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Oh I didn’t see Divergent- I will have to catch it on DVD!

Lucie@FitSwissChick May 16, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I LOVE the combo chocolate and ab!! Best. I like to mix raw cacao powder with the butter and add some honey or stevia. Soooo good.
That running route looks so gorgeous – I wish it would be a little hotter here, it’s so cold again!
Happy weekend Khushboo!!

Khushboo May 17, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Ohhh I need to try that out- I bet it would taste even better out of the freezer <3

Arman @ thebigmansworld May 16, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Such a good idea mixing the dark chocolate with pb- perfect combination! Haven’t heard of that movie but it’s been yonks since I’ve seen one so thanks for the recommendation! Urgh one tree hill. My sister has that on repeat.

Khushboo May 17, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Hahah I am a minority in the female population when it comes to One Tree Hill!!

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen May 16, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Ok dude I’ve seen you commenting on blogs again lately but I had no idea you were back to blogging regularly!!! Sorry I’ve been such a twat (in Arman’s words).

Million Dollar Arm sounds really good! I’m kind of a sucker for feel good sports movies. Little Giants was my all time favourite movie as a kid – I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it a hundred times.

Happy Friday!

Khushboo May 17, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Ah so good to hear from you Chelsea- hop you’re well :)! I LOVED Little Giants! Did you ever watch Air Bud back in the day?

Miss Polkadot May 16, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Rather unsurprisingly – Germany’s late there – I hadn’t heard of Million Dollar yet but it sounds interesting. It’s been ages since I last went to the movie but I think it was when watching ‘The Butler’ which I recommend.
Chocolate – especially Lindt obviously! – and almond butter is the best combination. Even better accompanied by some tea for extra meltiness. You took it upscale by using a plate and knife because for me it’s the behind-closed-door dipping straight into the ‘butter. The perks of living on my own and not sharing my nut butters ;).

Khushboo May 17, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Haha what can I say – I try to keep it classy around here 😉

Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 16, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Chocolate pairs best with… my face 😉 But seriously, I don’t think there’s anything chocolate doesn’t go well with. Well, maybe ketchup or mustard, but yeah… things like AB, banana, ice cream, or oatmeal? Ugh… WANT! And I think the last movie I saw in theatres was Frozen… and the soundtrack infiltrated my brain so that I was singing all the songs for the next 2 months 😯

Khushboo May 17, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Ohh randomly but have you tried AB mixed with vanilla ice cream?? To.Die.For!

Parita @ myinnershakti May 16, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I think my parents are going to see Million Dollar Arm this weekend! My mom is so excited! And I personally think that oatmeal AND chocolate pair best with peanut butter – yum!

And I talked to my grandparents yesterday, and they were saying how the heat in India this year is insane. Stay hydrated!!

Khushboo May 17, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Oh it’s gone crazy hot here- thank goodness coconut water is available on every street corner :)! How did your mom like the movie?

Parita @ myinnershakti May 18, 2014 at 3:21 am

Both her and my dad LOVED it!

Khushboo May 18, 2014 at 10:57 am

YAY! I think you will too 🙂

Shreya May 17, 2014 at 8:45 am

Khushboo, I had that meridian nut butter in London and oh my god they are probably the best one-ingredient nut butters ever!!! I’m so sad I only bought one tub home!

Khushboo May 17, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Oh I felt the same way! I will definitely be stocking up on my next trip back :)!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig May 18, 2014 at 12:45 am

I am a huge OTH fan and I heart Sophia!

Khushboo May 18, 2014 at 10:57 am

She is awesome :)!

P May 18, 2014 at 1:42 am

I like the homemade Reese’s 😉
My friend is obsessed with chia seeds right now!

Khushboo May 18, 2014 at 10:57 am

I am loving chias too!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets May 18, 2014 at 5:34 am

I keep meaning to pick up some pumpkin or sesame seeds. I’ve been wanting to add them to granola; maybe try a savory mix.

Homemade Reese’s are the bomb.

Khushboo May 18, 2014 at 10:58 am

Oh they would be fab in granola- love the sweet ‘n’ salty combo!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate May 18, 2014 at 9:50 am

I’ve been loving seeds over nuts lately, and seed butter over nut butter. Sun butter is love. Although I can’t deny how good that ab and chocolate looks… 😉

Khushboo May 18, 2014 at 10:58 am

Aside from Nuttzo, I’ve never tried seed butter- definitely something to look out for!

Brittany May 18, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Seeds on seeds on SEEDS! I am loving seeds lately too, SO good. That movie looks reallllyyy good, and I love the main actor (the guy from Life of Pi.) I am always jealous of your running location, every time you post it I swooooon!

Khushboo May 19, 2014 at 11:28 am

Hahah high five on the seed love :)! I think you need to come visit me- I’ll take you on some scenic runnings followed by gluten-free vegan grub ;)!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 19, 2014 at 3:24 am

Chocolate with nut butter and coconut butter sandwiched in between and frozen for a bit. You HAVE to try it. 🙂

Khushboo May 19, 2014 at 11:29 am

Oh boy that sounds ridiculously delicious…first I need to try coconut butter though!!