Catching up from London

by Khushboo on October 11, 2013

Hello from London!  How’s your week been? London has been busy, but in a great way.  I walked home on Monday to the best delivery a girl could ask for….at least one who loves yogurt.  FAGE Total generously sent me a freezer bag full to the brim with Greek yogurt.  I usually buy 0% but after trying 2%, I can never go back.  That extra bit of fat does wonders at getting rid of the yogurt’s tangy flavor.  I am Total-ly a convert ;).

photo 1

On average I’ve slept about 6 hours a night but I couldn’t be more full of energy.  I am convinced there is something in the air here that injects life & adrenaline into me ;).  Even though I’ve only been here for 4 full days, I’ve packed in quite a bit thanks to naturally waking up before sunset.  I’m using those early morning hours as my window of opportunity to tackle all my work-related tasks for the day. Alongside catching up with friends and family over multiple cups of coffee & plates of deliciousness, I’ve been shopping more than I probably should be. I’ve also turned the streets of London into my personal gym- let’s just say that the “Walk 10,000 steps daily” guideline has become child’s play.

photo 2

My cousin KK, who is getting married soon, is also in town so there’s been plenty of bonding time with her too :).  We lived in London at the same time and fortunately our homes are down the street from each other.  As a result we were constantly in each other’s home & cooking meals together.  Although she has also been living in Mumbai for the last few years, we wanted to recreate our London days this trip. Of course we can technically do this in Mumbai, but it’s just not the same there.  Instead of eating out, we opted to cook at her place on Tuesday night.  We cranked up the tunes, cracked open a bottle of vino and got going.  Our spread was hardly fancy but felt so nostalgic:

• Truffled Spinach
  • Quinoa Pilaf
  • Creamy Ratatouille
  • Pre-cooked Honey BBQ Turkey Pieces (courtesy of Sainsbury’s)
  • Hummus

photo 3

Random but delicious!  And because no meal is complete without something sweet, a bar of Lindt 70% was passed around shortly after.  I’m heading to Cannes over the weekend so probably won’t be blogging for the next week or so.  I will, however, be instagramming so follow me (@KhushbooThadani).  Until then, have a great week guys!

Fill me in: What’s new with YOU?

What’s your favorite yogurt in terms of brand, fat % & flavor?

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com October 11, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Oh wow- Good folks of Fage hooked you up well!!! I have always been a Chobani lover – even when they had the mold recall – I boldly unpeeled the covers of them bad boys armed with a spoon 😉
Nothing like reminiscing with a cousin or friend by your side! So glad to hear you are having a blast! Now to that creamy ratatouille…looks awesome! specially with the quinoa!!! And truffled spinach! Dang lady!
Hoping you enjoy Cannes! Hoping you have a wonderful weekend!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:33 am

If sifting through mold is anything to go by, you sure are a Chobani loyalist ;)!

Davida @ The Healthy Maven October 11, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Please tell me there is a truffled spinach recipe!!!

I’m off the Minneapolis for the weekend. Looking forward to a weekend getaway 🙂 Otherwise I’ve been pretty consumed with trying to find a new job (since I loathe my current one) and have been doing a whole lot of walking! Keep us updated from London lady!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:35 am

I wish I had a proper recipe for the spinach but we just steamed a bag’s worth and drizzled truffle oil over! Hope you had fun in Minneapolis 🙂

Lisa October 11, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Sounds like London is so great so far! Jealous of your adventures:)
2% is totally better than the fat free stuff. So agreed. Although I can’t have yogurt at the moment, it’s the only stuff I kind of miss.
Hey, I think your spread of food is on the fancy side! You should see when my friends host a Dinner, it is basically only drinks and maybe some carrots, celery, and chips haha.
Have a lovely weekend!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:35 am

Haha so long as hummus and salsa are involved, that spread isn’t too bad 😉

Parita @ myinnershakti October 11, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I’m actually going to be in London in early December for a work trip! Is there any chance you’ll be around then??

And that food sounds delicious and fancy! Recipes?

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:48 am

Oh man…I wish I was in London at the same time as you but I think this is my last trip here till next summer!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 11, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Sliiiightly jealous 😛 But glad to hear that you’re having a blast. Enjoy Cannes! I’ve always wanted to visit.

And I couldn’t agree more about how much better 2% is over 0% — it really does taste a lot less sour. We don’t have Fage up here in Canada, but I’m extremely happy with Oikos. I can actually remember the days where Greek yogurt was pretty non-existant up here. So happy that’s no longer the case!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:49 am

I’m hoping Mumbai gets the memo soon to start making Greek yogurt freely available :)! Hope you get a chance to visit Cannes too- it is all kinds of amazing !

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 11, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Definitely jealous of your trip, I’m happy to hear that you’re having a good time! As for yogurt, I usually buy either 2% plain Oikos or 0% plain President’s Choice. I’d buy the PC 2%, but they only have the 0% in the extra large tubs…which considering the fact that I eat it almost every day, I’d rather just buy the big ones!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 4:05 am

I’m the same about the big tubs- definitely a better bang for your buck!

Angela @ Health's Angel October 11, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Unfortunately, dairy and my stomach do not get along…at all. And greek yogurt is one of the things that really sets it off. It’s a shame too because it really is so good!

Enjoy Cannes! I had a bunch of friends who studied abroad there in college. 🙂

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:37 am

Ah that’s too bad about the dairy but I’m glad you were able to notice it as a trigger…it’s so frustrating to not know what the cause is 🙂

karishma kimatrai October 12, 2013 at 1:05 am

love this! gonna miss this trip!! <3 xx

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:38 am

I already am 🙁

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig October 12, 2013 at 2:12 am

Have a great time in Cannes! I hope the weather there is better than here. Fage is the bomb. The full fat is even better than the 2% – it tastes like cheesecake!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:38 am

Adding it to my next grocery list!

Honey What's Cooking October 12, 2013 at 2:14 am

oooh, i’m so jealous you are in London. It’s a good thing you are doing your own thing, so really you can work from anywhere.
I’m going home for the weekend and throwing my bff a baby shower, i’m psyched.
Regarding your question on using 2% greek fage, it’s the tanginess that worries me, that’s why I’d use the full fat. Maybe you can try a little bit with 2% and if doesn’t taste tangy, throw it all in. Also, I would temper it so the sauce doesn’t’ curdle… with full fat, I didn’t need to. 🙂

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:39 am

I’m so grateful for the flexibility that comes with working for yourself- it sure makes travel that much easier 🙂

Arman @ thebigmansworld October 12, 2013 at 4:50 am

HOW GOOD IS 2%!! I actually wish we had the full fat here, but until that day arrives, 2% it is. Punny, sorry, funny girl you are 😉

PS It feels weird commenting later instead of one of the first- clearly not on the same time wave when your in London! Have a blast at Cannes- looking forward to a recap :p

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:40 am

Haha it’s not long till we’re back to being in the same time zone…or almost the same 😀

Tessa @ Amazing Asset October 12, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Love Fage and how great of them to hook you up with extra supplies! I agree, the 2% does surpass the non-fat, though sadly I can’t always find the 2% in stores. When I do though, I stock up for sure
Have a wonderful time in Cannes Khushboo!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:41 am

2% isn’t as freely available in the grocery stores here- hopefully they become as common as 0%!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate October 13, 2013 at 7:49 am

I’m so glad you are enjoying London. And that spread of food looks seriously amazing!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:41 am

Thanks Gina!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli October 13, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Omg, you had me at truffled spinach! Yum!! And lucky you with all that Fage goodness! When it comes to plain Greek, Fage is my favorite brand, but I have to say I’m a bit smitten with the Yoplait Greek flavors right now…especially the coconut! I only wish it came in a 2% variety…but that just means I can make up for it with more PEANUT BUTTERRRRRRRR! 😉

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:44 am

Coconut-flavored yogurt? Oh my gahhhhhhh!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 14, 2013 at 4:12 am

I love having a partner in crime in the kitchen, especially one that dances. 🙂

Cannes….ok I’m totally jealous and this explains that picture on Instagram. Have a great time and enjoy yourself. Post lots of pics so I can live vicariously through you.

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:45 am

Thanks Meghan- I kinda wanna go back in time and relive the last few days 😀

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 14, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I’m totally jealous of the Fage love! It’s the only one I eat. I love ho thick it is!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:46 am

You and me both- SO thick & creamy 😀

Alexis @ Hummusapien October 15, 2013 at 12:09 am

Truffled spinach??? Gimme gimme!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:47 am

Expect a delivery soon 😉

Jess October 15, 2013 at 6:43 am

Enjoy!!! Sounds like another wonderful trip!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:47 am

Thanks, Jess!

P October 15, 2013 at 9:16 am

Isn’t Fage the best? It’s so thick, and so perfect!
Have fun in Cannes!

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:47 am

Thanks P!

Alex@Veggin' Out October 15, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I love Fage! And yes, love some fat in yogurt!!! I tried full-fat for my fat load right before my half marathon, and oh. my. good. ness. 2% is good but full-fat totally trumps it. 😉
Have a wonderful times in Cannes! I’ll be excited to read your posts when you return. 🙂

Khushboo October 16, 2013 at 3:47 am

You have convinced me to stock up on full-fat asap 😀