K Weigh at Studio Fifteen

by Khushboo on September 9, 2013

Despite the occasional Monday blues, I actually kinda like Mondays.  Aside from them representing a fresh start,  it’s hard to hate going back to work when you love what you do.  Even though 8 months have passed since I set up K Weigh, it still feels surreal some days i.e. that I am getting paid to do what I love and feel so passionate about.  Along with regular consulting, I recently signed a new project lately, which I wanted to share: Conducting a Wellness Workshop in Studio Fifteen.

Studio 15 logo

If you’re living in Mumbai, chances are you’ve heard of the pâtisserie Le15 owned by the fabulous Pooja Dhingra. As she trained at Cordon Bleu in Paris, a huge portion of their menu is French-inspired including macaroons, éclairs, truffles and other decadent desserts.

After conducting classes at Le15 for the past 3 years, Pooja decided to take it one step further with Studio Fifteen .  Taken from the site, Studio Fifteen is a culinary hub for everything from workshops, to private lessons and corporate training sessions, to pop-up meals and chef collaborations. Classes are aimed at everyone who just wants to learn how to cook or bake in a fun atmosphere. Aside from cooking, this space is to encourage people to continuously absorb & share knowledge.

le 15

Source

So how do I tie in?

On 29th September, I’ll be hosting a “Made to Measure” workshop at Studio Fifteen whereby I’ll be providing fresh insight on recipe makeovers & how to improve a meal’s nutrition with small tweaks; tips on how to stay in shape while maintaining one’s foodie status; and cooking demonstrations of healthy, delicious recipes which require minimal culinary expertise.  After several recipe trials last weekend, I narrowed down to 5 recipes I’ll be covering:

• Curried Chicken Salad
  • Citrus Oat Bran Loaf
  • Asian Green Beans with Sesame & Burnt Garlic
  • Cheesy Pasta Bake
  • Cantaloupe & Banana Superfood Smoothie

Collage

Although part of me is nervous, I’m excited for K Weigh to expand into other avenues and continue educating others on sound nutrition along the way.  Let’s just say my comfort zone is so far out right now, I can’t even see it.  But hey, if I can bust the notion to even one attendee that healthy eating is tasteless and boring, I’ll write it up as a success.

If you are in Mumbai and would like to sign up, you may do so here.

If you were to attend a cooking workshop, what category would you go for (baked goods, healthy items, appetizers, specific cuisines)?

What’s your ideal job?

Lucie@FitSwissChick September 9, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Congrats Khushboo!! That is so great about the workshop! Unfortunately I am a little too far away…..:-) 🙁
I think I would want to attend a workshop for raw desserts – these are my favorite currently!!

Khushboo September 9, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Thank you so much, Lucie :)! Learning how to make raw desserts would be amazing…especially as there’s no “wait to cool” nonsense involved 😉

Shashi September 9, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Oh My – This is HUGE – CONGRATS Girl!!!! So so happy for you – wish I was in Mumbai – I would have signed up FOR SURE!
YAY K-WEIGH!!!!
🙂
I think I would enjoy a cooking class in all of the above – there is always something new to learn!
As for my ideal job – the owner of a healthy dessert parlor…would probably top my daydream list 😉 Congrats again!

Khushboo September 9, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Ah thanks so much for your support Shashi- means a lot :)! If you need to hire someone for quality control when you open up that parlor, I am your girl ;)!

Arman @ thebigmansworld September 9, 2013 at 3:44 pm

I love this. You doing something you are so passionate about- its so rare to find people who can truly say they enjoy going to work. Props to you, Khushboo, and the difference you are making to improve the health of others. You’re going to do awesome at Studio 15! I hope you share those recipes, especially the curried chicken salad 😉

Khushboo September 9, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Thank you so much Arman! Will definitely share some of the recipes after the workshop :)!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 9, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I am SO freaking excited for you! Like beyond happy! You have such a good head on your shoulders, and I love that you’re being recognized for it 😀 You probably already know that this is an area that I’m hugely passionate about as well, and I can’t wait to actually start working and helping people get healthier. Congrats again, lovely lady!!

Khushboo September 9, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Thanks a million, Amanda! I know I’ve already said it to you but I’ll do so again: you are going to be AN amazing health coach….you already inspire me regularly 🙂

Parita @ myinnershakti September 9, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Congrats, K! This is huge! I am so happy for you and proud of you! I love that your message and ideas are being spread far and wide. I wish I lived in Mumbai so I could attend your workshop. 🙂 Let us know how it goes!!

Khushboo September 9, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Thanks so much, P…your support means the world 🙂

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 9, 2013 at 6:20 pm

if I was in Mumbai, my name would be first on the sign-up list. Congrats on this opportunity Khushboo! So happy for you to see your business expanding, especially because I can see how passionate you are about it.
I’ve never taken a cooking class or workshop before, but if I was I’d be fine with all of the above choices (I know, such a cop-out answer)…no matter what the category was, i’m sure I’d be learning something!
And you would think that going into my 6th year of post-secondary school I would know what my ideal job is…but nope, still not sure 😉 Ask me again in a few years, and hopefully I will have figured it out by then!

Khushboo September 9, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Ah thanks so much Sam…I wish you were in Mumbai :)! I can’t wait to see what the career world has in store for you post-graduation 🙂

Alex@Veggin' Out September 9, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I my goodness, this is amazing Khushboo!! I’m so, so very excited for you! You are going to rock your workshop 🙂 And maybe if it really goes well you will consider doing traveling workshops and come visit me?!? 😉
I’m so glad that you love it and are doing what you are passionate about. Good for you! I’m not sure what my dream job is… maybe owning a bakery or an ice cream shop so I could personally test taste everything 😛

Khushboo September 9, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Thanks so much, Alex :)! Travelling workshops would be ideal- I can only hope :)! And owning a bakery or ice cream shop sounds pretty amazing…and yet somewhat dangerous hah!

P September 9, 2013 at 7:23 pm

I’m excited for you! This is an awesome opportunity for K Weigh and I hope it all goes well 🙂

Khushboo September 9, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Thanks so much, P!

Angela @ Health's Angel September 9, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Congratulations! I love hearing people say that they truly love what they do for work. I hope I can say the same one day!

Khushboo September 9, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Thanks so much, Angela 🙂

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig September 9, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Congrats! I’m doing a workshop (well three actually, over the course of one day) myself next month and I’m scared – I hate public speaking!!! I wish I was in Mumbai so you could teach me how to make that cheesy pasta bake – it sounds good!!

Khushboo September 9, 2013 at 10:51 pm

I’m back in London next month so we will definitely have to catch up on each other’s workshops…and of course exchange a few recipes 😀

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig September 10, 2013 at 12:24 am

Again?! You are such a jetsetter! OK, definitely making it to Five Guys this time! Are you here on October 13? You could come to my next comp 🙂

Khushboo September 10, 2013 at 9:50 am

Haha 2013 is my year of jetsetting ;)! We will definitely go to Five Guys- major red meat craving going on right now! Would love to come to your next comp but am going to be in Cannes that weekend.

Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 10, 2013 at 6:17 am

OH WOW this is so great and huge for you Khushboo!! Weee congratulations, what an exciting time, I’m so happy for yeeeee 😀

Khushboo September 10, 2013 at 9:50 am

Thanks SO much, Tess 🙂

ritika September 10, 2013 at 5:22 pm

wow, many, many congratulations, this is wonderful… and you will be great 🙂
also, a Bangalore chapter any time soon? 🙂

Khushboo September 10, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Thanks so much, Ritika! No plans for Bangalore…yet 😉

Lisa September 10, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Major congrats!!! That is so dang awesome, and I’m so pleased for you!
If I lived close, I’d totally be there!

Khushboo September 10, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Thanks so much Lisa 😀

Nikhita September 10, 2013 at 9:51 pm

SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Please let me know how it went, and if possible, please send me the curried chicken salad recipe 😀 sounds amazing!

Khushboo September 10, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Thanks so much, Nikhita…will definitely keep you posted on how it goes 😀

Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness September 10, 2013 at 11:34 pm

CONGRATS!! thats amazing!! if i had a glass of wine in my hand right now i would toast to you! i wish i lived in mumbai so i could attend your workshop!!

Khushboo September 11, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Ah thanks a bunch, Charlotte 🙂

Jess September 11, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Awesome!!! So brilliant that you are doing this!!! Found your passion I think!

Khushboo September 11, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Thanks Jess!

SABITA HATHIRAMANI September 12, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Hi khushboo
Can’t believe you had hidden talents and you are out with it now!
My last memory of you as a chubby child and mum taking you for badminton(?!) classes at IKOYI CLUB! Am I right? And now…..You look wow!
Ok back to biz! Do you cater a plan for 60++
Sabita

Khushboo September 12, 2013 at 5:50 pm

So nice to hear from you Aunty Sabita! Thanks for your kind words! Your recollection of me as a kid sounds just about right :)! My plans can be tailored to all ages! If you’re interested, please send me an email to thekweigh@gmail.com

Have a great day! x

Meghan@Clean Eat Fast Feets September 16, 2013 at 2:02 am

This is fantastic news even if its outside of your comfort zone. Heck, I think it makes it even more fantastic. What an incredible and well deserved opportunity. I really like your food choices, and I can’t wait to hear how it goes. Congratulations times ten!

Khushboo September 16, 2013 at 8:37 am