If Instagram is anything to go by, we are a generation that LOVES food. Based on past uploads, it seems that my foodie pics generate the most likes…even more so when cringe-worthy hashtags accompany the photos like #foodgasm, #foodporn & #nomnomnom.
While social media is a godsend for keeping in touch, it also helps foster a healthier lifestyle to some extent. Between flicking through other people’s Instagram fitness- & food-related photos as well as reading up recipes on other blogs, there is plenty of inspiration to go around. Especially as seeing other people’s meal often stirs up creativity when planning my own meals, I wanted to share a few of my recent eats. Hopefully they will lend some ideas for your upcoming lunches/dinners :):
- Pasta Bake & Salad
- Oatmeal topped with Peanut Butter & Homemade Chunky Applesauce
- Mediterranean Chicken Stir Fry with Yogurt Sauce & Oat lollis (a.k.a. flatbread): I made the dip on the fly by combining plain yogurt with finely diced cucumbers, garlic powder, oregano and a bit of water to thin it out
- Taco Frittata with a side of Green Beans, Salsa & Guacamole: Ketchup & mustard are so passé
- Creamy Chickpea Stir Fry with a side of Quinoa: Next time you’re using marinara sauce, try stirring in a couple teaspoons of cream cheese for extra creaminess.
- Cheddar Omelet with Cinnamon-Dusted Sweet Potato Wedges & Sautéed Veggies
For more inspiration for healthy meals that actually taste delicious, follow @KWeigh1 on Instagram and/or check out #kweigh :).
What categories of photos do you tend to “like” more on Instagram (e.g. travel, food, fitness, quotes, humor, pics of people you know)?
What’s for lunch and/or dinner today?