Friday Favorites: 08/30

by Khushboo on August 30, 2013

Yikes guys, just where did the month go…how are we already at the last Friday of the month!  I am pretty sure September is going to go by equally fast. But enough with the cliché “2013 is flying” talk & let’s focus on the present while we can.  With that in mind, here are some of my favorites from the week:

• I came across Reason Clothing‘s printed cheeky parody t-shirts when I was in London & couldn’t help but laugh.  As much as I love to wear designer labels, I equally appreciate a fashionista with a good sense of humor.  It was a toss-up between the Chanel No. 1 No1 Cares At All & Hermès Homiès but I went with the latter…. the t-shirt’s obnoxiously neon pink color won me over.

hermes chanel

• My inspiration definitely heightened this week after seeing Jobs, the biopic on Steve Jobs & bringing Apple to life.  Three words: what.a.legend!  It’s so crazy to think that despite starting off in his parents’ garage and actually getting fired from Apple at one point, Steve did exactly what he intended: he put a “ding” in the universe.

jobs-movie

• For the sake of my sanity, I embarked on a one-day laptop detox on Sunday and stayed away from it for a majority of the day.  I attempted to read Pride & Prejudice but that wasn’t happening so I switched to something lighter: Revenge Wears PradaWhile it’s by no means a literary piece of work, I’m enjoying it as much as the first one Devil Wears Prada.

photo-68

• If you follow K Weigh on Facebook chances are you hard about our latest plan: The K Weigh Wedding Shedding Plan:

Wedding Shedding Image

It is an extension on K Weigh’s basic underlying principle: achieving results through sustainable changes to both diet & lifestyle.  Because we understand that certain events like weddings motivate us to take drastic action for immediate results, we have introduced a more controlled, yet balanced, plan.  Rather than encourage you to starve yourself into your dress/ saree blouse, The K Weigh Wedding Shedding Plan focuses on eating real, unprocessed foods, which will naturally help you beat the bloat.  Whether you are getting married or attending a wedding, this plan might just be what you’re looking for :)!

What are you currently reading?

What’s your favorite brand?

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com August 30, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Haha – I love the “Chanel No. 1 Cares At All” tshirt!!!

I am currently reading “Mr Maybe” a chic lit novel by one of my fav’s – Jane Green
Then am onto the first City of Bones novel.

My favorite brand is Kemps (Frozen Yogurt) and Reeses and Trader Joe’s … wait ican TJ’s be considered a brand?
🙂
Happy Friday! Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

Khushboo August 30, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I love Jane Green- I’ll have to check Mr Maybe out! Did you read her book Jemima J?

Shashi August 30, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Loved it!
Except for the last 3 books she released (Promises to Keep, Another Piece of my heart, & Family Pictures) I have read and reread them all! (Mr. Maybe is a reread)!
Do you like Jennifer Weiner? She writes in a very similar style to J.G.

Khushboo August 31, 2013 at 9:10 am

Ooh I don’t think I’ve read any of her books- will have to check them out!

Karina C. August 30, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Looking forward to start the the ‘wedding shedding’ plan from tomorrow! Just in time before all the wedding hopping begins:) Revenge Wears Prada sounds like the perfect Sunday afternon read – must borrow from you once you’re done. Have a great weekend KT!

Khushboo August 30, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I can’t wait to hear your Wedding Shedding feedback :)! Will give you book to read when I’m done with it!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 30, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I have no idea what the heck is happening to the time either. On the one hand, July kind of feels like it was forever ago, but on the other, I have no idea where August went. Ahh well… Just that much closer to Christmas 😀 And I’m actually not really reading much of anything right now. I’ve been doing a lot of studying, so most of my books have been nutrition related.

Happy Friday, lady!!

Khushboo August 30, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Blog reading counts too 😉

Arman @ thebigmansworld August 30, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I love those t-shirts!!! A few years back I bought the guys singlet version which had Chanel and underneath it it said hollywho.

Currently I am reading this amazing book, its called Strategic management- a competitive advantage approach concepts and cases, 14th edition. I highly recommend it, especially if you have trouble sleeping.

By the way, the inner marketing nerd in me LOVES your design for the wedding weight loss initiative- RSVP dates and all! Have a great weekend buddy!

Khushboo August 30, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Ah thank you so much Arman- this was a fun image to play around with & design 🙂

Lucie@FitSwissChick August 30, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I totally want to see Jobs. This guy really is fascinating!
And staying away from the computer for a day just feels so good, right? Reading just is the best alternative. Happy Friday!

Khushboo August 30, 2013 at 7:11 pm

As much as I love technology, stepping back every so often feels wonderful 🙂

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen August 30, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Not everything we read has to be a literary masterpiece. 😉 I really enjoyed The Devil Wears Prada, so I’ll have to read the sequel once I finish the Game of Thrones series. I’m on book 4 right now!

Khushboo August 30, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Did you ever watch the movie? Every time I pick up the sequel to read, I only have images of Anne Hathway!

Hamisha August 30, 2013 at 5:06 pm

ah i just finished revenge wears prada on my trip not bad light easy read mindless love those the best!

Khushboo August 30, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I couldn’t agree more- I read to switch off, not to fry my brain further 🙂

dixya@food, pleasure, and health August 30, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Love those shirts. I am currently not reading anything but need to make another trip to the library soon. Good luck with K weigh’s new project 🙂 Happy Friday dear

Khushboo August 30, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Thanks Dixya…have a great weekend too 🙂

Parita @ myinnershakti August 30, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I read 4 books while we were in India! Definitely check out The Husband’s Secret and Divergent. Happy weekend, K!!

Khushboo August 30, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Thanks for the recommendations. The title “The Husband’s Secret” already has be intrigued 😉

Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness August 30, 2013 at 6:21 pm

omg i love those t shirts! so funny! i want one! and i neeeed to see the jobs biopic. i cant believe i still havent. and this post reminds i really need to start a new book. its been a month or two since my last one, which is rare for me to go so long. i think its because i now read blogs 🙂 i do need to start a new book soon though!

Khushboo August 30, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Pshh who needs books (or magazines) when you got blawgs ;)!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 30, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I didn’t realize there was a sequel to Devil Wears Prada out! Must find ASAP. I just finished reading ‘Insurgent’ so that goes to show you how super-advanced and academic my reading is sometimes :-p

Khushboo August 30, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I’ve heard great reviews on “Insurgent”- would you recommend?

P August 30, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Those shirts are adorable! Love them both.

Khushboo August 31, 2013 at 9:14 am

🙂

Tessa @ Amazing Asset August 30, 2013 at 8:57 pm

That shirt is pretty fantastic, ummm need 🙂 Although wonderful classics are great and all, sometimes I need some chick lit to enjoy and escape reality from. So I very much concur on your choice!

Khushboo August 31, 2013 at 9:14 am

Glad we on the same wavelength ;)!

honeywhatscooking August 30, 2013 at 9:10 pm

It’s a good thing that I don’t read else I’d have NO TIME with blogging and working. I don’t know how ppl do it all. Favorite brands, so many… for clothes – Zara, Mango, and JCrew. 🙂
I have to see the Steve Jobs documentary, it’s on Netflix these days.

Khushboo August 31, 2013 at 9:15 am

Although a lot of people seem to have not enjoyed it, I’d still recommend Jobs 🙂

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables August 31, 2013 at 4:29 am

Ah! Those t-shirts are hilarious! Good pick 😉 I love the pink!

Khushboo August 31, 2013 at 9:15 am

Thanks Liz 😉

Ameena September 3, 2013 at 12:50 am

Good to know you like “Revenge Wears Prada” as I brought it with me here to London. I haven’t read it yet…trying to catch up with work (and blogs!) but I am excited to give it a try.

My favorite designer? I am not loyal to one particular brand but I do love just about everything Bloomingdale’s has to offer….

Khushboo September 3, 2013 at 8:51 am

Blogs are the new books 😉

Meghan@Clean Eat Fast Feets September 3, 2013 at 6:40 am

I’m currently reading your blog! Also the latest edition of Eating Well and the most recent Maeve Binachy. I like The Devil Wears Prada so I’ll have to check out its counterpart. Thanks for sharing.

Khushboo September 3, 2013 at 8:53 am

Two thumbs up on your current reading 😉

Nikhita September 3, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I loved Revenge Wears Prada! Currently reading The Cuckoo’s Calling by JK Rowling – amazing! I want to see Jobs, hopefully will soon..And my favorite brand is most definitely Zara for high street, and for designer wear, you can never go wrong with classic Chanel 🙂

Khushboo September 4, 2013 at 10:34 am

Chanel is the godfather of brands 😉