Happy Friday…that too the first Friday of August! In typical July fashion, this week sped by. I feel like I just wrote last week’s Friday Favorites post. Without further adieu:
- If you follow me on Instagram (@khushboothadani), you’re probably aware that I went for the Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory musical earlier this week. Especially after reading the book and watching the original film countless times as a kid, watching the musical was on my “To-Do List” even before I arrived in London. It only reinforced my love for the story- the sets were amazing and the cast acted outstandingly…especially Charlie Bucket. For someone so young, he sure knew how to bust a tune or 2.
- One annoying factor about blogging is eating something so tasty and only then remembering to take a photo. If I had remembered, I promise I would have made more of an effort in terms of presentation. Pretty or not, trust me when I say that this snack combo tastes yum: Mix a pinch of vanilla essence with cottage cheese. Spoon onto crispbread and top with blueberries. Had I taken a photo before digging in, you would also be seeing 2 crispbreads instead of 1:
- Although I’ve blogged about running plenty of times in the past, I don’t think I’ve ever discussed an essential component: shoes! I am an Asics girl throughout. They might not be as pretty as Nike trainers, but they give my feet great support & cushioning. For the past 5 years, I’ve bought the exact same pair 5 times. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it right? The only thing that changes is color, and this time I’ve “stepped” away (pun obviously intended 😉) from white:
- Lately I seem to be hitting the jackpot where post is concerned. First it was Chobani and now Popchips. They kindly sent me a box with various flavors including Original, Sea Salt & Vinegar, Sour Cream & Onion, Salt & Pepper, and Barbeque. I’m usually wary about packaged food marketed as “healthy” but these lived up to mark. Although they are baked instead of fried, they taste as delicious (if not more) than regular potato chips. The added bonus is that Popchips only contain a handful of natural ingredients, none of which are preservatives, artificial colors, hydrogenated oils or MSG. They’re not much of a filling snack, but are ideal for when the savory munchies kick in. My favorite flavors are Barbeque and Sour Cream & Onion. I’ve been taking them to share during picnics in the park and they seem to get wiped out in no time:
- And speaking of parks, I went photo crazy at the Serpentine in Hyde Park & Kyoto Gardens in Holland Park:
How is this real life??
What is your current favorite snack?
What brand of trainers do you wear?