Although it’s been a while since I’ve tested my vitamin D levels, I’m pretty sure they are more than topped off after these past 2 days. Aside from sleeping, I think I’ve spent a total of 5 hours at home all weekend- the weather was far too nice and being inside felt hotter than outside. Grosvenor is currently hosting “Summer in the Park” which is a full 18 days of free music, theatre and fun for the entire family to enjoy. With reference to “fun”, think board games on steroids….check out how massive these are:
Although stalls selling burgers, quiches, soft serve ice cream are also set up, there’s something a more fun about having a picnic…which is exactly what we did yesterday. After a trip to M & S in the morning, we managed to set up a pretty yum spread involving:
- Cold cuts (ham, prosciutto & salami)
- Slices of Mexican Chili chicken breast
- Tortilla chips
- Antipasti i.e. olives, sundried tomatoes & artichokes
- Raw carrot & pepper sticks
- Spinach & portobello mushroom quiche
- Sourdough bread, baguette & crisp bread
- Chipotle cheese
- Beer, soft drinks & water
And my contribution:
- Hummus Devilled Eggs
I decided to remix traditional Devilled Eggs, which are mayo-filled. They finished pretty fast, which is always a good sign.
Hummus Devilled Eggs
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 3-4 heaped tablespoons hummus
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1) Peel the eggs and slice in half lengthwise.
2) Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
3) Mash the yolks with a fork.
4) Add the hummus, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Combine well with the fork.
5) Fill the center of each egg white half with some of the yolk mixture.
Naturally a few rounds of table tennis & Ludo were involved post-eating…game on ;)!
What are your favorite picnic foods?
What is/was your favorite board game?