Friday Favorites: 07/05

by Khushboo on July 5, 2013

Happy Friday, guys!  Although I usually do a “Friday Favorite” post once a month, they might have to become a weekly staple when I’m in London…before my list of “Things to Share” becomes out of control:

• Scenic running: Like most people, one of my reasons for preferring outdoor running over treadmills is the scenery that the former comes with.  While scenic views usually refer to nature, I had the pleasure of watching something even better than greenery during my run on Tuesday:

photo 2

Does this picture scream “London” or what?

• Lindt HELLO Cookies & Cream Bar: Given the amount of times I have blogged about Lindt, you would think I own shares in the company or get some kind of compensation. For the record, I don’t…they just make damn good chocolate and keep introducing varieties which are too yum to not share about.  Although I usually prefer the dark varieties, I couldn’t help but pick up their new variety involving milk chocolate with a cookies & cream filling.  Yes, it’s as delicious as it sounds!

cookies-cream Lindt

• Blemish Balm Cream: BB cream has been around for ages but I’ve only recently hopped on on the bandwagon.  Is it me or does it sound too good to be true?  I usually don’t wear make-up during the day, but I can make an exception if a product provides coverage and added skincare benefits like cell regeneration, SPF protection, moisturising hydrating effects and tightened pores.  I’ve only tried Diorskin Nude BB Creme and can more than vouch for it!

bb cream

• Berry Season: Summer in Mumbai means mangoes whereas summer in London means berries.  Although mangoes are nowhere near the top of my list, I have been lapping up strawberries and blueberries since I reached.  Aside from being super sweet, they made for a pretty festive “Fourth of July” breakfast yesterday when paired with Total Greek yogurt:

photo 1

What’s your current favorite chocolate?

What’s a favorite from YOUR week?

Shreya @ rushofendorphins July 5, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I love Total! The fullfat one is amaaaaazing! Looks like you’re having a great time in London 🙂

Khushboo July 5, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I find the 0% amazingly creamy so I can only imagine what the full fat is like 😀

Nikhita July 5, 2013 at 3:44 pm

SO jealous you’re in London, wish it were strawberry season here! Putting peaches in my nonfat yoghurt though, which is lovely as well.

Currently can’t get enough of Lindt 70% dark and I’ve heard the sea salt one is the best, but can’t find it anywhere!

Khushboo July 5, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Try adding oats to the peach/yogurt mix- such a yum breakfast! And Sea Salt is avail at Crawford Market there 🙂

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen July 5, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Haha I included berries in my Friday Favourites post today too!

And that chocolate bar sounds seriously fantastic. I’ve never seen it here in Canada though! I hope it makes its way overseas soon. My current favourite chocolate is by a local company called Giddy Yoyo – they use heirloom cacao and it tastes amazing!

Khushboo July 5, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I’m yet to try Giddy Yoyo but talk about a fun name!!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. July 5, 2013 at 5:17 pm

I would -love- to go running (or walking, I suppose) around London… It seems like there’d be a never ending amount of things to see – even though I’m not sure I could keep a straight face if I caught a glimpse of the guys with the fuzzy black hats.

My favorite chocolate right now is a dark mint from Alter Eco. Mint chocolate has always been one of my favorites, and this one is soooo smooth and perfectly sweet. Plus it has these little sugary mint crystals in it that add an awesome crunch. Gah! It’s not even 6 AM and I’m craving chocolate now 😛

Khushboo July 5, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I love mint chocolate too! Surprisingly the Lindt variety is pretty meh but I’m a big fan of After 8’s..and Peppermint Patty’s 😀

Lucie@FitSwissChick July 5, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Isn’t that Lindt collection the best?? Well, it’s Swiss haha 🙂 serously, I love that too, especially the caramel brownie, yumm!
And I need to try that BB Cream! I tried the one from Garnier but did not like it at all.
Have fun in London!!

Khushboo July 5, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Not jealous at all of your access to Lindt ;)! Will definitely try out the Caramel Brownie flavor next and let you know what I think 🙂

Allie July 5, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Cookies n’ cream bar?? Holy sha-moly that sounds amazing. And I love that you get to run past all the London sights! I need a more exciting neighborhood, then maybe I’d run more, haha 😉

Khushboo July 5, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Hahah good scenery definitely makes a difference to my running mojo 😀

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 5, 2013 at 6:57 pm

It’s been a while since I’ve been out for a run, but London scenery is definitely one way to get me out there!

And I’ve recently discovered how awesome cookies and cream ice cream/froyo is, so throwing that into a chocolate bar sounds like heaven. I don’t know what my favourite chocolate would be right now, actually…I’ve been making my way throw a bag of milk chocolate covered pretzels, so I think I’m going to have to go with that…can’t beat the sweet/salty combo!

Khushboo July 5, 2013 at 9:21 pm

LOVE the sweet/salty combo too! I’m a big fan of cookies ‘n’ cream ice cream..even better if it’s a cookies ‘n’ cream ice cream CAKE- mmmm!

Alex @ therunwithin July 5, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I couldn’t be more with you on berry season, now only if they started selling them at a better price… why so expensive???

Khushboo July 5, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I find that the berries from street vendors tend to be marginally cheaper than in supermarkets!

dixya| food, pleasure, and health July 5, 2013 at 8:02 pm

run with a great view is always a bonus 🙂 Lindt is the best i didnt know that kind exist. I am enjoying with dark chocolate with caramel filling from Trader Joes. Have fun in London

Khushboo July 5, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Look out for Dark Choc with Caramel and A Dash of Sea Salt (again Lindt)- too.die.for!

Lisa July 5, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I’m totally loving berry season too! It makes me so happy when the fresh berries come out!
Oh man, the London scenery would be absolutely wonderful. I think that’s the only way I would take up running;)
And chocolate is always a win!! My favorite so far has been the lindt dark chocolate with sea salt. So tasty.

Khushboo July 5, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Agreed- it’ll always be one of my favorites 🙂

Sonal July 5, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Oh my gosh cookies and cream Lindt! I am going to be trying to hunt that down. Usually, I use Clarins BB cream when using make up, it’s also pretty good. I totally forgot to tell you, try to go to The Breakfast Club! 🙂

Khushboo July 5, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Ahh that’s been on my list since December- even more so now!! And how did you like the M & S cookie??

Sonal July 6, 2013 at 1:26 am

YES it was delicious. 🙂 Good choice on the white chocolate. So when you go TBC pleaseee have some dairy – the banana peanut butter milkshake is incredible. Never tasted anything like it, so please try! 🙂

Khushboo July 6, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Ooh you know my love for dairy and the PB/banana combo…so chances are I have no choice but to try :)!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 5, 2013 at 11:22 pm

That cookies and cream bar sounds absolutely amaaaazing!! I MUST find that somewhere!

Khushboo July 6, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I sure hope you do 😀

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table July 6, 2013 at 2:05 am

Scenic running is a must for me too! I have to be entertained so I forget about the fact that I’m running. Haha!

I’m loving super dark chocolates right now. If it involved sea salt, even better.

Khushboo July 6, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I love dark too but 80% is my limit 🙂

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish July 6, 2013 at 11:59 am

I’ve never enjoyed running more than I did during the summer I spent living in London. Before arriving, I’d anticipated that I’d be forced to scale back my mileage (running along busy streets seemed like it would be next to impossible) but instead, I ended up increasing it! The gorgeous parks and wonderful scenery (people in tall black hats included 😉 ) were huge motivators to lace up my sneakers each morning.

You already know about my deep love for Lindt, so it goes without saying that I’m thrilled you were able to try the Hello! bars. Hello, cookie dough delicious! I picked up a few of the cheesecake flavor at Target several weeks ago, but didn’t realize they contained gluten until after I got home! Bummer! As for my favorite chocolate bar right now…Hrrmm. Such a tough question! I’m pretty darn loyal to Lindt dark with sea salt, but I’m also loving Theo milk chocolate + salted almond right now. And of course Reese’s will always have a special place in my heart. Always!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Khushboo! Sending big hugs from across the ocean! <3 xoxo

Khushboo July 6, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I’m so with you about Reeses…no matter how much I love all the gourmet kinds of chocolate, Reeses will always be high on my list 😉

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig July 7, 2013 at 1:35 am

Yay, how nice is the weather in London!!! I can meet up any time you like now – Rob is away for the next two weeks so I have tonnes of free time 😀

I saw that chocolate in Sainsburys the other day and desperately want!

Khushboo July 7, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Ok great will send you a text and we can plan something 😀

honeywhatscooking July 7, 2013 at 10:10 am

I need to try a BB cream.. I’ve heard great things. I’m not big on makeup either, but if it has SPF and other benefits, then why not?

I love trader joe’s chocolates.. the raisin and pecan kind.
🙂
Hope you’re having fun in London.

Khushboo July 7, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I highly recommend the Dior BB cream..it’s very subtle too 🙂

Alexis @ Hummusapien July 8, 2013 at 7:35 am

Okay, I’m all over everythang in this post, girlfriend! I’ve been loving blueberries and strawbs on my oatmeal in the morning with a dollop of almond butter (duhhhh) AND I got BB cream a month ago and I’m obsessed. It’s all so fabulous!

Khushboo July 8, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Ohh I’ve been adding almonds with berries & Greek yogurt and it’s fab…I’ll try almond butter next time 🙂

Kate July 8, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I love the picture you got on your run, I always see great stuff on mine but I don’t want to stop to take pictures! I really should.

What’s your current favorite chocolate? – I come from England so it’s definitely Lindt but now I am in Germany it would have to be Milka. We have Milka in England but not the variety they have here, it’s so good!

What’s a favorite from YOUR week? – I bought an awesome t shirt this week with Saved by the Bell characters on it, also I bought a great cleansing foam from Nivea.

Khushboo July 8, 2013 at 3:33 pm

OMG I was such a Saved By the Bell fan growing up..your tshirt sounds awesome!!

Kate July 11, 2013 at 12:28 am

Believe me – it is! It has young Screech on it too! Just. Awesome.

Ameena July 9, 2013 at 9:20 am

My FIL sent to Edgeware Road and bought some amazing mangoes. He ate 4 at a time! Just in case you want a change from berries (which I was eating from M & S by the handful).

Must try BB cream, I have never used it before!

Khushboo July 9, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Haha I take it your FIL is a mango fan 😉

Meghan@Clean Eat Fast Feets July 11, 2013 at 7:14 am

Oh I love the berries. No surprise there since I’m basically a fruit junkie. I’d be willing to try the cookies and cream bar too. Yum. 😉

Khushboo July 11, 2013 at 1:02 pm

This might be the only time of the year where fruit is way more appealing than chocolate 😉