Countdown to the weekend (the social media edition)

by Khushboo on May 10, 2013

Hey guys!  Who’s ready for the weekend to start? I know I’m welcoming it with open arms…it’s been a busy, although productive, week.  I came to a realization this week: the Internet does no favors to my attention span.  Am I the only one who has at least 5 different tabs running while working?  It’s a terrible habit: I finish one task and it’s time to check Facebook.  Another one done and I decide to reward myself with a few rounds of Words With Friends.  Don’t even get me started on Instagram.  Since I’m now paying the price of all this wasted efficiency, I might as well share some of my “finds”:

5 images that made me laugh:

photo 2

2 items I need:

Tiffanys wallet

seven-deadly-sins-coffee-and-tea-set

1 “aawwwww” moment:

photo 1

Have a fab weekend, guys 🙂 !

What social media outlet do you waste spend most time on?

What’s one item you currently need?

Sophia May 10, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I am so social-media illiterate! I don’t even have Facebook- I read a small handful of (awesome) blogs and have email- plus I look up lovely recipes and I am a law student with a strong interest in social justice, world events, etc so I am always looking at the news. But I need a cookie coffee cup 🙂 Other than that- there are many things I would like- but nothing I need – except a cookie coffee cup 😉 lol love and hugs Sophia

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:02 pm

If I ever get my hands on a cookie cup, I’ll make sure to get 2…one for you, one for me 🙂

Sophia May 11, 2013 at 2:35 pm

We shall be the envy of all- enjoying coffee and cookie simultaneously! hope you have a great weekend! Lots of hugs Sophia

Allison @ Life's a Bowl May 10, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Haha fabulously hilarious and delicious looking list! I definitely am guilty of being on IG wayyy too much on my phone, but on my computer it’s usually FB or Twitter. An item I currently need – a larger suitcase. I’m starting to think about what I need to pack for our trip this weekend…

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Oh I feel you…I’m infamous for always overpacking- better safe than sorry!

pragati May 10, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Great list, Khushboo! We are all losing our attention spans for sure.

The Reese’s look YUM!!!

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Thanks Pragati…I’m glad I’m not the only one with a low attention span on Fridays 😉

Meghan @ After the Ivy League May 10, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Love all those funny gifs, great sense of humor haha. Installing java made me laugh out loud. And that quote from Jay-Z is so sweet! Sigh.

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I just re-read the Jay-Z quote & double sigh :)!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 10, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Oh can I ever relate to suffering from Internet ADD. It seems like I can never just keep my attention focused on one task – I’ll do some work, switch over to browse some blogs, switch over to browse Pinterest, scroll through Twitter, go back to do a little more work, check some more blogs… Oi. Definitely not the most productive way to do things, but gotta keep up with everything, right? 😉 And those waterproof notepads and cookie cups? I definitely need those in my life.

Happy Friday, Khushboo!

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Haha TRUE story…as distracting as it may be, social media has also kept me up to date with MANY world events :)!

Parita @ myinnershakti May 10, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Social media is the ultimate detractor in my daily productivity! But it keeps things interesting and keeps me sane. 🙂

I currently need a new watch. I’ve had my eye on a pretty bronze Michael Kors one for a while now. We’ll see… Oh and those notepads. I NEED those!

Have a great Friday, K!

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I came across quite a few Michael Kors watches on Pinterest and each of them were so nice…perhaps an early anniversary gift ;)?

Jess May 10, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Great list, I want to eat all of the food you posted!! Amazing!!! And that tea set is adorable. And tiffany’s wallet comes under essentials I’m sure!

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Absolutely- gotta keep the valuables safe 😉

Z @ kickingkilos May 10, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Awesome blog!!!! I love the paprika lemon chicken.
Iam addicted to twitter and enjoying instagram a lot these days!
I ‘need’ a good weighing scale, which will show what I want to see 😉

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Hope you have a great weekend too!

Z @ kickingkilos May 10, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Have a great weekend!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 10, 2013 at 8:17 pm

That Moroccan Stuffed Zucchini looks and sounds awesome!! Thanks for sharing the link :).

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Lemme know if it’s worth trying :)!

Alex @ therunwithin May 10, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I want that smart wallet more than anything else. so adorable. and the spicy paprika lime chicken, drool.

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:09 pm

The turquoise one especially has my eye!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table May 10, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I have 10 tabs opewn right now. Non are work-related. Ooops. totally stealing that java joke. I’ll send my IT guy your address so he can thank you for making me EVEN more funny. 🙂

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Hahah let him know I’m currently installing java…not as hard as these IT guys make it seem 😉

dixya@food, pleasure, and health May 10, 2013 at 8:35 pm

what a light fun post to get my Friday going 🙂 I used to spend a lot of time on different social media but now I have cut down bit but still facebook tab is mostly open 😛 now I need that wallet too! have a great weekend friend

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Kudos to you for cutting down :)!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 10, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I waste the most time on Twitter… I swear I used to get SO much more accomplished before I signed up for it. 😛

Haha I laughed at that sodium and hydrogen joke – I’m such a science nerd!

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:11 pm

You and me both- I love a dorky sense of humor 🙂

Brittany May 11, 2013 at 1:11 am

That Jay Z quote was so cute! I NEED that Tiffany’s wallet, I saw it back in November and DIED! It’s soo expensive though I cannot justify buying it haha. Right now I bounce between Instagram and Pinterest the most. Ugh..I waste so much time on there haha.

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Hahah buying it would mean not having anything (i.e. moolah) to fill the wallet with 😉

Honey What's Cooking May 11, 2013 at 1:28 am

OMG, I waste a lot of time on Pinterest. I love the quote by Jay-Z.. that is so incredibly sweet to have that kind of love. OMG, I wanna try those zucchini moroccan things and the chicken looks delicious too. THe instagram lunch thing was so funny!
Have a great weekend K!!

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:12 pm

It’s even sweeter when the guy has such a tough boy image!

Allie May 11, 2013 at 3:56 am

Ahaha, I just had to text that NaH joke to a fellow chemistry-dork-of-a-friend. I’m a sucker for cheesy science jokes…

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:12 pm

You and me both 🙂

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish May 11, 2013 at 4:51 am

I didn’t know I was missing out on so many “must-haves” until I scrolled through this post! Gah. Isn’t that the purpose of social media, though? To show off what we have and fawn over what others have? 😉 Kidding. But then again, I’m not. Haha. Oh gosh, I can definitely relate to the ADD you described. I feel like I’m constantly switching back and forth between Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, blogs etc., all while trying to actually be productive. I often wonder what I’d be able to accomplish if I didn’t have all these distractions tugging at my attention. Then again, what fun would that be!? I enjoy social media (and the friendships I cultivate there—including YOU!), so it’s totally worth it. 😀

I can completely relate to the pregnant/marriage quote! It feels like ALL of my friends are doing one or the other right now. In that past month, three of my friends have gotten engaged, and three more are getting married this summer. Ahh!

The cookie cup is genius. Want. And I LOVE the Tiffany smart phone wallet. Happy Friday, Khushboo! <3

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I wish I were kidding but it seems like someone new has gotten engaged every time I log into Facebook!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 11, 2013 at 6:21 am

I’ve actually been disconnected from the blog/social media a lot since I started work this week (first week means I don’t want to get caught browsing things I shouldn’t, haha) and it’s been weird! And definitely serving as a reminder as to how addicted I really am. I could waste days on Pinterest, and I’m slowly starting to get more and more into Instagram.

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:14 pm

It’s always a good idea to test the waters in a new job first…i.e. see what their Internet firewall is like 😉

P May 11, 2013 at 7:11 am

I do not have Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram accounts, and I feel proud of my “rebel” status ;). The only thing I really have left on the internet is e-mail and blogging, so I get pretty bored easily and have to log off :P!

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:14 pm

NO FACEBOOK…what are you?? I kid I kid 🙂

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli May 11, 2013 at 11:45 am

Awww! That Jay Z quote totally melted my heart! And those Moroccan stuffed zucchinis totally made me drool over myself! Yum!

I waste waaaaaaaaaay too much time on Instagram…which is why I’ve decided to give it and other social media up for the entire weekend! Ahhh, it feels good to unplug! 😀

One item I currently need: a pair of nude heels to wear with a dress I bought for the Blend retreat next weekend…there are plenty out there, but so far, none that I can manage with a semi-stiff left knee! Welp, guess what I’ll be doing this weekend while NOT Instagramming my lunch? 😉

Khushboo May 11, 2013 at 12:17 pm

If you need some justification about splurging on a pair of nude heels, just think of HOW MUCH wear you will get out of those babies…they go with everything! 🙂

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig May 11, 2013 at 2:23 pm

OMG all of those recipes look amazing!! I want!!!

I find it so hard to be productive as well. Damn internet. I limit my FB checking to four times a day and I only let myself go on Pinterest every other day. It’s such a time suck! I don’t use any other forms of social media, thankfully. Reading blogs and replying to emails takes up enough time!

Khushboo May 12, 2013 at 10:38 am

I couldn’t agree more…I love to blog but it definitely requires a fair amount of time!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets May 11, 2013 at 7:59 pm

So this first paragraph totally resonated with me. I have five browers open on my laptop, my iPad next to me with at least three browers open, my iPhone so I can stalk IG (I never should have started!), FB, muffins in the oven, a grocery store list going, my things to do list going. Honestly, I find myself losing hours on computers/electronics. It’s crazy. With that being said, I’m going to go do non-computer things now….that is until I reward myself with an IG pic or Words With Friends. Ha.
Have a great weekend.

Khushboo May 12, 2013 at 10:43 am

They say only women can multitask and by the sounds of it, you are the EPITOME of a women- love it :)!

Alyssa @ Road to RD May 12, 2013 at 6:24 am

I always have so many tabs open all the time! In fact, right now I have 5! And the first thing I do when I wake up is check twitter, facebook, instagram, my email, and blogs. I think I’m addicted to social media.

Khushboo May 12, 2013 at 10:44 am

I’m sure many of us would need to check into Social Media Rehab ;)!

Vandana May 14, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I can totally relate to this post. Productivity and efficiency are so far from me… while working, I can’t concentrate and take too many breaks even for simple tasks. Recently installed IG on my phone and now I’m taking pics of everything and anything, my family is getting irritated of my new phase continuously taking pictures of everything/anything… 😀 I sometimes wonder how people kept track of all the new things in the world without the internet!!!
Coming to that wallet, bought one just like it, for my mom. She keeps carrying many things in hand or throwing them into her handbag and making it like a ruck-sack. Now she just takes this one wallet (of course she can’t live without her handbag).

Khushboo May 14, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Haha welcome to the wonderful world of Instagram- it’s addictive 😀

Nish May 21, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Instagram for sure…and of course blogs with pretty pictures of food and fashion 🙂

Khushboo May 21, 2013 at 6:34 pm