Four for Friday

by Khushboo on January 25, 2013

Hey guys!  What’s going on?  Because there’s no coherent way to tie together any of the points below, I’m not even going to try:

1) Two-Ingredient Gluten-Free, Flourless Banana Pancakes: Fortunately I tolerate flour & gluten well, but that doesn’t stop me from trying out recipes which don’t contain either.  When I first heard about these minimal-ingredient pancakes, I was skeptical.  A dish that contains only 2 eggs & 1 banana and no flour/grain hardly sounds like a “pancake”!  Fortunately with each bite, I also ate my words:

banana pancakes

YUM!

If you’re a fan of banana bread, or just bananas in general, please try these pancakes over the weekend.  They were dinner last night, breakfast today, and probably breakfast again tomorrow!

2) Crossfit-esque Workout:  Remember how I said I was enjoying longer sessions of steady-state cardio?  I still am, but decided to switch it up on Tuesday in favor of a more efficient workout.  Courtesy of Sam, I got my sweat on & heart rate up at home and in under 10 minutes:

Crossfit at home

Looks pretty straightforward but I’ll tell you one thing: Burpees are a bitch!

3) I’ve found myself at Starbucks quite a few times over the past week.  I say “found myself” but I may or may not be strategically setting up all my meetings at Starbucks when possible ;) !  In efforts to not overdo it with coffee, I’ve occasionally been trading my soy cappucinos for Green Tea on Ice and it’s really grown on me- very refreshing and let’s be honest, there’s something about those Starbucks cups which makes drinks taste that much better!

2013-01-21 17.02.18

4) Let’s talk about social media for a sec…what’s your favorite?  As much as I use/love Facebook, I’m leaning more towards Instagram.  If you too are an #InstaFan, check out this article on The Top 6 Worst Kinds of Instagrammers– it definitely warrants a good laugh.  And if you’re not an #InstaFan- weirdo alert!  KIDDING :) !

instagramHave a great weekend!

What’s your current Starbucks order?

What’s your favorite social media platform?

Shannon (Healthiful Balance) January 25, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I’ve seen the “two egg and one banana” pancakes on blogs a lot lately. I’m going to make them this weekend! :)
My current favorite Starbucks order is a cappuccino! Perfect for the cold days. :)

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:12 am

I just made some for breakfast :) ! Hope you enjoy ‘em!

Parita @ myinnershakti January 25, 2013 at 5:39 pm

SO much fun stuff to comment on, K!

1. Love that breakfast. Vishnu and I tried it once and I fell in love. So simple and pretty tasty – esp with some PB smeared on top!
2. I HATE burpees. Period.
3. That last picture cracked me up. I skimmed through the article and all of those points are so valid. I’ve unfollowed people because they violated one of those rules one too many times!

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:14 am

4. The list-maker in me loves the format of your comment!
5. One of the most irritating ones is when people treat Instagram like Facebook and upload like 50 photos is one go…quality always beats quantity on Insta!!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 25, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Yup, that workout was death!
I’ve tried a couple versions of grain-free pancakes, but I haven’t tried one with just banana and eggs. I’ll have to get a shot this week.

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:15 am

I can’t recommend these enough….as much as I love oats/grains, I didn’t miss ‘em at all!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 25, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I’ve always been super skeptical of the 2 ingredient egg and banana pancake – I just don’t see how it can resemble a pancake! But I trust your tastebuds, so maybe it’s worth a shot after all. ;)

I love getting iced green tea from Starbucks in the summers! I haven’t been to Starbucks lately, but I’m always a big fan of decaf Americanos with soy milk in the winters.

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:15 am

Haha I’m glad my taste buds have some credibility :) ! Honestly though I am 99.8% certain you will love these…do it for your love of bananas!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig January 25, 2013 at 7:09 pm

OMG I’ve seen those pancakes pop up everywhere and the thought of them grosses me out…. however, if you like them, then they must be okay! Considering I have a banana with my eggs most mornings, it can’t hurt to try them. Happy weekend :)

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:16 am

I actually wanted to email you about these after trying them because they are Paleo-friendly. You know my take on “Protein cookies” that are anything but cookies…trust me these are LEGIT :) !

Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 25, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I’ve yet to try those banana and egg pancakes. I’m still in the skeptical phase, but they seem to be getting rave reviews from everyone who tries them so I’m thinking that I’ll bite and see what all the fuss is about myself. I’d hate to waste a good banana, though :( And girrrrrrl, you KNOW I love me some Starbucks. I’m in there so often that I don’t even bother trying to hide my addiction. Current favorite? Cappuccino. But I’m looking forward to the warmer days where I can enjoy an iced latte without having to worry about freezing to death. As for social media… I love Instagram, but I’m a complete mess when it comes to social media in general… I can’t seem to make heads or tails out of it!

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:17 am

If you need any more convincing- I woke up craving these pancakes over a yogurt bowl, which speaks volumes!! :) !

Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 25, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I felt the same way with the banana + egg = pancake concept. Um, pancakes need flour and milk don’t they? But now I’m even more intrigued and thinking it might be worth a try. And yes, burpees are a complete bitch!

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:18 am

Burpees are the bane of my existence- ick!

Alex @ therunwithin January 25, 2013 at 8:24 pm

haha I can’t stand instagram, I tried to get into it but just cant

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:19 am

Errr I don’t think we can be friends anymore…kidding ;) !

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish January 25, 2013 at 11:02 pm

I’m so glad you loved the pancakes! Aren’t they addicting?! I highly recommend adding peanut butter next time–it’s a pretty dreamy combination. :)

I sure wish it was warm here so that I could justify ordering an iced green tea at Starbucks, however 10-degree F temps mean I’ll be sticking to soy cappuccinos for a few more months. :) I occasionally treat myself to mocha, too!

Happy Friday, Khushboo! <3

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:20 am

Ohh topping them with peanut butter is definitely a necessity! As much as I love PB & J, PB & B is even better in my books!

Brittany January 25, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Uh yeah I am definitely obsessing over Instagram right now..wayyy too much haha. That pancake is awesome, if I ate eggs I would be all over that. I loveee Starbucks. OH so much.

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:24 am

Instagram is addictive..you’re not alone :) !

TorontoRunner January 26, 2013 at 2:48 am

Looooooooooove the vibe in starbucks. I usually just lame it up with regular coffee. I’m there mostly to catch up with friends, do some work etc..so regular coffee it is! haha!

I don’t have instagram, everyone loves it though eh. Can I pick blogs as fave social media since I don’t have any others!

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:24 am

Nothing lame about keeping it simple at Starbucks :) ! And blogging definitely counts as social media!

P January 26, 2013 at 8:58 am

I don’t find myself as an avid Starbucks brick-and-mortar customer, but I do have some of their VIA instant coffee packs at home in the mornings which I split with my Dad.

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 11:25 am

Are those any good? They’ve started selling the packets here so I might have to try ‘em out!

P January 26, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I think they’re pretty good. Not sure how they compare to the “real” cup from a Starbucks cafe, but they’re my go-to in the mornings :)

Khushboo January 27, 2013 at 11:20 am

Will check them out- thanks :) !

Geets January 26, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Tried the banana pancakes just now – soooo yummy! Thank you for posting! :)

Khushboo January 26, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Woohooo I’m so glad you enjoyed them :D

Tessa @ Amazing Asset January 26, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I just checked out the instagram thing.. that was too funny lol. I do have it but don’t use it often, yet I can notice the different people they have listed! Mmm starbucks, but ONLY the specialty drinks, I really dislike their plain coffee!

Khushboo January 27, 2013 at 11:21 am

One of my peeves is those Instagrammers who abuse selfies- less is more in that respect! ;) !

Jess January 27, 2013 at 4:45 am

I will have to try those pancakes. Bananas and eggs sounds a little questionable, but so simple!!! And I love both separately.
That workout looks hardcore!

Khushboo January 27, 2013 at 11:22 am

Trust me- i was expecting a sweet omelette but fortunately I was wrong!!

Ameena January 27, 2013 at 8:21 am

Once in a while I make the egg/banana pancake and it’s pretty delicious, must say. And normally I don’t even like bananas!

I am a huge fan of Instagram! Not sure why? But I love it.

Khushboo January 27, 2013 at 11:24 am

Before I got Instagram, I was so convinced that it wasn’t for me…clearly I was so wrong :)

Honey What's Cooking January 28, 2013 at 10:02 am

I have to try those pancakes, I’ve bookmarked them. Wow, no flour.. that’s super healthy. Looks so good… I’m gonna see about making them super fluffy after trying the original. I love instagram.. especially now that I linked it to fb, it just posts instantly on instagram, twitter, and fb. Hope you had a great weekend K.

Khushboo January 28, 2013 at 11:20 pm

If you make any amendments to the recipe, please let me know- would love to try your version :) !