Weekend countdown

by Khushboo on January 18, 2013

Wa-haaay for Friday :) !  With the weekend in sight, how about a little countdown to get us through the day:

• 5 Pins that made me laugh this week:

math

facebook

sneeze

meanings text

• 4 New Chocolate Finds- Let’s just say we are well-stocked at home right now and I’m not sure whether that’s a good or bad thing ;) :

2013-01-13 22.09.09

2013-01-17 12.28.53

Royce Dark Chocolate-Covered Almonds- thanks, Sapi!

2013-01-13 23.42.32

Thanks, Suchita!

kit kat 2 fingers

• 3 Movies Watched This Past Week – I’m on an old school kick:

while-you-were-sleeping

never-been-kissed-original

10_theing_i_hate_about_you_600x450

• 2 Kick-Ass Lunches:
Feta omelet with greens & toast with PB & J

Feta omelet with greens & toast with PB & J

Sundance Cafe

Sundance Cafe

• 1 Thing I’m Looking Forward to Trying:

Crossfit!  After hearing so many mixed reviews about this workout, I am excited that a Crossfit Box has finally opened up in my hood.  As they’re running free trial sessions all through January, I will definitely be giving it a shot sooner rather than later…stay tuned for my opinion about it!

What’s your favorite chocolate?

What’s the last movie you see (or the next you plan on seeing)?

TorontoRunner January 18, 2013 at 3:57 pm

DEEETS about the crossfit later please!

and WAIT a minute..wait a miiiiiiiiiiiinute…I must try those new kitkats?!?!!?

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:03 am

I’ll definitely post about my experience at Crossfit :) !

Parita @ myinnershakti January 18, 2013 at 6:35 pm

All of this pins made me laugh! Thanks for that!

And my favorite chocolate of all time has to be peanut M&Ms. But nowadays I stick to 85% dark chocolate…the perfect after dinner treat!

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:05 am

85%?? You are my hero- 72% is just about the most I can handle before it stop beings enjoyable!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 18, 2013 at 7:08 pm

That last pin = 100% true! And I pretty much want everything listed in regards to the chocolate…I don’t even know how to pick a favourite chocolate. Pretzel M&Ms, Reese’s PB cups, dark chocolate. chocolate truffles…it just depends on my mood! (Yes, my mood dictates not if I eat chocolate, but what kind of chocolate I eat. Addicted).

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:06 am

Hahah looks like we share many favorites! Another one to add to the list is chocolate-covered pretzels!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 18, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I had a terrible day at the office yesterday, so I watched Office Space to cheer me up. Always does the trick!

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:06 am

Hope you had a better Friday :) !

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables January 18, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Ohh have fun trying crossfit! I tried it once! It was definitely different from my regular workout, but really cool!

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:06 am

It sounds a bit scary but I guess every workout deserves a fair chance ;) !

Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 18, 2013 at 9:06 pm

!!! What!? Cookies and cream KitKat?! Where can I find this gem? KitKat seriously has to be one of my favorite chocolate bars and I’d love to try that new flavor; I just hope it doesn’t contain traces of peanuts. Oh, and being stocked with chocolate is never a bad thing ;) Neither was the last movie I watched! I saw Silver Linings Playbook in theaters and really enjoyed it, but I have to agree that sometimes the old-school ones are best. Center Stage, Save the Last Dance, and Coyote Ugly? Guilty pleasures for sure.

Happy Friday, Khushboo!

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:08 am

Haha that was my reaction too- we found them in London! And thank you for reminding me about Save the Last Dance & Coyote Ugly- both never get old either :) !

Alex @ therunwithin January 18, 2013 at 9:32 pm

I having been digging super dark chocolate, one of my favorite things

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:08 am

Dark choc is the best!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 18, 2013 at 10:45 pm

That first pin is SO TRUE. I still have no idea why I had to take Calculus or Geometry.

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:09 am

Nerd alert but I actually loved Geometry and Calculus haha *insert embarrassed smiley*

Brittany January 18, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Bahah to the FB pic, so true!! I always hope that I will have hundreds of updates! Never happens! Never Been Kissed was one of my favorites, I had the biggest crush on the man teacher! He was hot..haha.

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:10 am

I would never date a teacher but if any of them looked like him, I would definitely have to rethink that ;) !

Ameena January 19, 2013 at 3:37 am

This one girl at work kept sneezing and after #4 I was thinking, “Wow, she really needs to stop now. This is getting ridiculous.”

So funny.

Have a great weekend!

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:18 am

Haha I start to feel awkward because I don’t know whether I’m expected to keeping “blessing” the other person ha!

Miss Polkadot January 19, 2013 at 5:04 am

Haha, agreed with all pins! Does it make anybody else feel better, too, when they notice they’re not the only one doing/thinking these things? Seriously, all of these e-cards have made me feel a lot more normal already ;) .

Lindt 90 % is my favourite chocolate and their Chili variety is a nice treat every now and then, too.

I’m excited to go to the cinema with my friends on Monday and I picked Silver Linings. Luckily, nobody disagreed with my choice – fingers crossed it’s a good one!

Enjoy your weekend, girl!

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:22 am

Enjoy Silver Linings- I’ve heard great things about the movie!

Honey What's Cooking January 19, 2013 at 11:10 am

Couldn’t stop laughing at the Facebook image… totally ME! it sucks. :-) Last new movie I saw was jab tak hai jaan. Hoping to see a new one in the theater tomorrow. Favorite chocolate… I eat the healthier kinds, but my all time favorite is probably almond joy, and gertrude hawk nut clusters.
Have a great weekend K.

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 11:29 am

I’ve never tried Almond Joy but given it’s a combo of almonds & chocolate, I’m almost certain I’d love it :)

Shreya @ rushofendorphins January 19, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Kit kat cookies and cream?! Must be crazy good!!

I love the classic kitkat and snickers, but lately I’ve tried dagoba’s chai chocolate and it is to die for!

Have a great weekend love!

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Chai chocolate sounds awesome- love the combo of choc & cinnamon!

Katy January 19, 2013 at 2:39 pm

You should definitely try Crossfit! It’s so much fun! I go occasionally but not that often because it’s super expensive. I do similar workouts on my own though!

Khushboo January 19, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I’m loving the efficiency aspect of Crossfit- quick yet effective!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish January 20, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I almost fell out of my chair when I scrolled past the new Toblerone bar!!! I’m a HUGE fan of all things Toblerone (especially the cute minis!), and don’t think I can wait another day to try this. I sure hope it’s available in the U.S., because my search officially begins tomorrow. ;) As for my favorite chocolate? There’s no way I can pick just one, but a few of my stand-by’s include: Lindt sea salt/dark, Lindt Lindor truffles, Ghiradhelli Sea Salt Soiree, and Reece’s peanut butter cups. Give me any chocolate, though, and I’m a happy girl. :)

Do I spy a slice of cheesecake in the Sundance Cafe pic? Yum! The three throwback movies you watched last week are a few of my favorites–especially Never Been Kissed. What ever happened to Drew Barrymore? She was going strong in the 90′s, but I haven’t seen her in a movie in years.

I’m excited to hear about your Crossfit adventures. I’ve been wanting to try it for a year or so, but keep chickening out. I think 2013 is the year it will happen, though!

Hope you’re having a fantastic weekend! <3 xoxo

Khushboo January 20, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Looove Drew Barrymore too- she seems like someone who would be equally fun in real life! And that is a slice of raspberry cheesecake- I’m tempted to called it the best cheesecake I’ve ever eaten :) !

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig January 20, 2013 at 5:46 pm

YUM! Everything looks delicious! I looove 10 Things. Heath Ledger is from my hometown so I am biased, but I just think he is adorable in that movie.

Crossfit??? Uh oh, soon you will be in the Paleo cult ;) Haha

Khushboo January 20, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Hahah I will not go to Dark Side (=Paleo)…I will not ;) !

Tessa @ Amazing Asset January 20, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Ahahahhaa so many of these pins are GREAT! I loved the “k” one, so so true! I do not like when people text it to me, I feel so insulted for some reason, like I am wasting their time when that is in fact 100% absurd lol.
The bless you one is hilarious too, after awhile I am just like… stop please ha.
Some of these dishes are looking mighty tasty woman, as always! I hope you are enjoying the weekend love!

Khushboo January 20, 2013 at 9:33 pm

My mom is guilty of using “k”- it drives me NUTS! :D

P January 21, 2013 at 5:44 am

Those are so the definitions of Nutella and study. Although Peanut Butter could probably have the same definition :P

Khushboo January 21, 2013 at 8:52 am

Hahah agreed….carbs were made for peanut butter ;) !