Wedding bells

by Khushboo on January 9, 2013

Talk about a fast week!  How are we already 9 days into 2013? Part of me was a bit bummed on Sunday as it really felt like the fun & festiviites had come to an end.  Fortunately that lasted all of 5 minutes when I remembered a few fun things which are coming up over the next few months.  It feels like I’ve been in Weddingville since November and that doesn’t seem to be changing any time soon…can’t say I mind ;)!  In true wedding spirit, I thought I’d post my “Something New, Something Blue, Something Old, Something Borrowed”.  With a Hindu wedding in my cards, this is probably the only time I will ever be doing this:

• Something Old:  Did you ever watch the movie One Fine Day with George Clooney & Michelle Pfeiffer?  It might be old but it still remains a favorite of mine.   I’m dying to rewatch it but it’s not available at my local DVD store nor on iTunes.  And speaking of old, George Clooney might have aged but he continues to be one of Hollywood’s hottest in my eyes.
George
  • Something New: I kicked off my week with a spinning class on Monday morning.  As the last class I attended was over 2 years ago, it sure felt like a new exercise.  Between the disco lights and thumping music, it was one heck of a rocking workout.  If only the class wasn’t a 30-minute drive away, I’d definitely make spinning a regular fixure in my workout routine.
Before the fun started

Before the fun started

• Something Borrowed: I borrowed stole this idea of 365 Day of Good Memories from Amanda.  Every day for the year, you note a happy memory from the day or something that made you smile and then throw the paper in a jar.  At the end of the year, you have a jar filled with 365 happy memories to read through and remember.  I love that it forces you to find something good in each day.  I still need to buy a jar but I’ve written down my pieces of happiness for each day of 2013 and plan to do so over the next 356 days.

A Jar of Good Memories

Source

• Something Blue:  This picture-perfect moment has “blue” written all over it. My cousin invited over to Breach Candy Club for a BBQ on Sunday and naturally I had to take advantage of the #Instatunity … or in other words the “Instagram Opportunity”.  This is definitely the kind of “Sunday Blues” I can get on board with ;)!
2013-01-06 16.38.59
Give me one of your “Something Olds/New/Borrowed/Blue”…

TorontoRunner January 9, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I might have to steal that Something Borrowed idea! That is so lovely. I love little sentimental things like that!

Khushboo January 9, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Please do…recalling the better parts of my day is a nice way to end the night :)!

Shreya @ rushofendorphins January 9, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Sorry Amanda and Khushboo, I stole that idea as well… Hahaha!

I like spin, but 50 minutes is mad intense… Most of the time at the 20 min mark I think to myself “Shreya, why are you doing this?” and “Why do you always come here and torture yourself?” But I always feel good after the workout!

Khushboo January 9, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Hahah so true…although I can’t believe how quick the class flew by!

Parita @ myinnershakti January 9, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Love this! Vishnu and I actually started a new little project where we document 3 things that we are thankful for on a daily basis. I want to keep it going for all of 2013. The key is to keep it simple. The other day he put down cough medicine, starfruit, and something else!

Khushboo January 9, 2013 at 11:58 pm

I’m so with you about keeping it simple- it’s the seemingly little things which end up being the ones that count most 🙂

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 9, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Crap, you just reminded me that I started that jar and have completely forgotten about it for the last…5 days or so? I should get on that. :-p

Khushboo January 9, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Haha in case you still haven’t, consider this reply another reminder ;)!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 9, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Squee! Love that you’re doing the 365 days of memories too! You’re definitely right that it forces us to change perspective and look for the positives in each day, and that’s something that I’m really loving about it. And speaking of love… George Clooney… swoooon! That man seriously just keeps getting better with age…

Khushboo January 10, 2013 at 12:00 am

George Clooney is absolutely like a fine wine…or cheese for that better :)!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League January 9, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Great post idea! Super adorable…and I randomly LOVE the movie One Fine Day. It’s one of those movies that pops up on TBS or ABC family or something…and you end up watching because there’s nothing else on…then you end up loving it.

Khushboo January 10, 2013 at 12:01 am

Here’s hoping it pops up on TV here SOON! 🙂

Allie January 9, 2013 at 9:15 pm

It’s ALWAYS a fine day if George Clooney is involved ;D And oh my gosh, is that water for real? Stunning!

Khushboo January 10, 2013 at 12:03 am

I know right…just looking at it made me feel like I was far far away from India!

Alex @ therunwithin January 9, 2013 at 11:26 pm

So I really love this post idea…. can I borrow it?

Khushboo January 10, 2013 at 12:04 am

Go for it 🙂

Kym January 10, 2013 at 12:54 am

i LOVE the memory jar idea!!! We’re 9 days into January but i suppose it’s not too late to get started… and I may cheat and write good memories i remember from the last few days! 😛

Khushboo January 10, 2013 at 11:30 am

Not too late at all- reading back on 356 memories beats 0 right 🙂

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig January 10, 2013 at 3:45 am

I did something similar for Rob for our first anniversary. I wrote down 365 reasons why I loved him! Call me cheesy, but he said it was the best present he ever got 😉 He only read one per day, so the present lasted an entire year!

Oh and George Clooney is HOT! Major crush over here 🙂

Khushboo January 10, 2013 at 11:31 am

That’s SO cheesy but I love it…when I meet someone worthy of this gift idea, I am totally going to do it :)!

Jess January 10, 2013 at 6:30 am

Such a cute post idea! Love it!!! 🙂

Khushboo January 10, 2013 at 11:31 am

Thanks Jess!

P January 10, 2013 at 8:59 am

Okay, that club looks insanely awesome! The cold weather lately has me wanting to go to the beach. But the closest one to me is just as cold (if not colder) as where I am now!

Khushboo January 10, 2013 at 11:32 am

I haven’t been to the beach in years so Breach Candy is definitely a great alternative :)!

Puja N January 10, 2013 at 10:04 am

I went for my first spinning class on Tuesday too and LOVED it! Gonna try and make it a once a week thing! 🙂

Khushboo January 10, 2013 at 11:33 am

Woo, amazing! Best part about spinning in Bombay- Indian music is played in the classes ha ha 😀

Corrie Anne January 10, 2013 at 11:30 am

Haha. Instatuity — that’s really a genius word twist! Love it!

Khushboo January 10, 2013 at 11:33 am

All credit goes to my BFF :)!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish January 10, 2013 at 11:31 am

Such a fun and creative post! I love both Michelle Pfeiffer and George Clooney, which means by default I also love One Fine Day. I’d actually completely forgotten about that movie, so thanks for the reminder! Oh, and George will be hot in his coffin! That man was blessed at birth. 😉

I love the 365 memories idea, and meant to start it January 1st, but between traveling back to DC, training for a new part-time position, and getting re-acclimated to this city’s crazy lifestyle, it hasn’t happened! A 355 memory jar is *almost* as good, no?

I’m swooning over the gorgeous blue water in the last photo! Shotgun trip to India? Yes, please!

Khushboo January 10, 2013 at 11:34 am

Haha ‘hot in his coffin’—> SO true! Congrats on the new part-time position!! What does your new role entail?

Natalie @ Free Range Human January 10, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I had forgotten all about that movie, but I liked it a lot as well! I absolutely love the memory idea. What a great way to look back on the year!

Khushboo January 11, 2013 at 10:21 am

I’m already looking forward to Jan 1, 2014 😀

Brittany January 11, 2013 at 12:44 am

I live for my spin classes. Fortunately my gym is like 7 minutes away so it’s ALWAYS worth the drive!! That blue picture is gorgeous!

Khushboo January 11, 2013 at 10:28 am

Guess I will be spinning vicariously through you 😉

Sunnie@moderngirlnutrition January 11, 2013 at 6:22 am

LOVE the memory jar idea:)

Khushboo January 11, 2013 at 10:30 am

🙂

Kiran(Masala Chica) January 11, 2013 at 8:37 am

Love that you are doing spinning as your something new. As for your something old, “One Fine Day” is a perfect movie to curl up with on the couch on a rainy day. That and “Sleepless in Seattle.” Both classics.
Kiran

Khushboo January 11, 2013 at 10:30 am

“Sleepless in Seattle” is on my list of movies to watch ASAP!

honeywhatscooking January 11, 2013 at 10:51 am

I loved this post… so so smart! Something blue… well, I’ve been looking up deals to Mexico/Caribbean for Feb, I need to get OUT of this cold weather.
Something new… hmmm.. I bought an All Clad skillet. Woohoo! 🙂
Something borrowed… I don’t know, I suppose i borrowed that Parmesan Quinoa Pattie recipe.

Love this!

Khushboo January 11, 2013 at 4:57 pm

So glad you enjoyed this post, Nisha! Hope your travel plans for Feb work out 🙂

baltimoreseo.marketing1on1.com July 7, 2014 at 4:07 am

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment
didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all
that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say wonderful
blog!