Random Wednesday Thoughts

by Khushboo on December 19, 2012

Happy Hump Day, guys!  I have no witty post title for you today…nor do I have a coherent post to offer.  It’s one of those days where I have a bunch of little things to share and bullet points are much more appealing.  It’s also an excuse to feed my love for list-making so let’s go:

• I had my first run after 3 weeks on Monday and it felt good…really good!  I did about 5.5 km and where better to break the hiatus than Hyde Park?  My biggest advice to getting (back) into running is to go slow.  Use the Conversation Test to gauge your speed: If talking gets you out of breath, you’re running too fast.
  • The Downton Abbey Christmas Special is out in exactly a week- I’m so glad I’m going to be in London to watch it as soon as it airs!
  • When it comes to cake, I normally scrape off the frosting out of personal preference.  Er that’s definitely not the case with cream cheese frosting.  I had my fair share over the weekend in the form of red velvet and foresee some more in the near future as it’s my mom’s birthday tomorrow!
  • Although you won’t catch me eating at McDonalds or Burger King, Chipotle is fast food I can get on board with.  If you’re a Chipotle fan, I’m sure you’ll agree that their guac is like crack!
  • If the world actually is ending on Friday, you better believe that “YOLO” is my motto for the next few days!
  • Humorous or soppy, I can browse the card aisles in stores endlessly.  It’s like browsing Pinterest…just not virtually.
  •  Shopping makes me realise just how little self-control I have.

Tell me something random from your week…

TorontoRunner December 19, 2012 at 2:16 pm

A run through Hyde Park – amaaazing. Sounds like you’re having a great time.
Happy Birthday to your mom for tomorrow – What’s better than birthday cake??!!
Zara is a great store, love it!

Khushboo December 19, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Nothing…nothing is better than birthday cake ;)!

RK December 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Kushh what do u get at chipotle??

Khushboo December 19, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Roshhh…I went on Monday so I had to be veggie- burrito bowl with the black beans, fajita veg, lettuce, grated cheese, salsa, guac….and I couldn’t help but steal a few of my mom’s nachos to crush on top ;)! SO yum!

Alex @ therunwithin December 19, 2012 at 5:30 pm

so we should hang because I really only like the frosting. most of the time i can’t eat the cake because of the gluten but in reality i just don’t really like it…

Khushboo December 19, 2012 at 9:00 pm

If it’s not cream cheese frosting, how about we trade cake for frosting?

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 19, 2012 at 6:59 pm

A run through Hyde Park would be beautiful!
If I scrape the frosting off of cake, it’s because I’m eating the frosting and leaving the rest behind :-p

Khushboo December 19, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Haha we’d make good cake-eating buddies :)!

Sunnie@ModernGirlNutrition December 19, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Agreed! That guac is ridiculously addicting!!:)

Khushboo December 19, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I need to try & replicate!

Allie December 19, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I am so with you on the frosting! I hate the regular, cheap, store stuff. But the cream cheese version? Just hand me a bowl of that, we can skip the cake. I’ve only been to chipotle once in my life! And yet I work five minutes from it. I need to schedule a lunch out…

Khushboo December 19, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Not jealous at all about the distance between your office & Chipotle ;)!

Alexandra December 19, 2012 at 9:12 pm

SOOOO with you on Chipotle!! DROOL 😀 I need to get my fix soon, it’s been far too long!

Khushboo December 19, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I went on Monday and couldn’t help but go back for lunch today 😉

Alexis @ Hummusapien December 19, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Chipotle is simply amazing. The guac is out of this world! It’s pretty much the only “fast food” I eat. It’s so fresh and I love how philanthropic they are!!

Khushboo December 19, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Along with being philanthropic, I was impressed that they use hormone-free meat & organic produce….fast food is looking up!

caloricandcrazy December 19, 2012 at 11:53 pm

The Zara store looks so awesome! I’ve only been to Zara once, and didn’t come out with anything. It sort of reminds me of a more professional and classier Forever 21 😛

Khushboo December 20, 2012 at 4:34 am

I am like a walking advertisement for Zara- it’s almost all I wear :)!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig December 20, 2012 at 1:04 am

OMG the frosting is the best part!!!! I am hunting down Chipotle! Maybe not Zara…. I have enough of that haha

Oh and that blog I was telling you about is here: http://www.thelondoner.me/
LOVE! I wore one of her dresses to my Christmas lunch today 😀

Khushboo December 20, 2012 at 4:34 am

SO funny – I met a friend for dinner last night and she was telling me how much she loved that blog too- can’t wait to check it out :)! Put up a pic of you wearing the dress!!

Brittany December 20, 2012 at 1:57 am

WHOO HOOO on the run!! Great job!! I have NO self control when it comes to frosting..the more frosting the better! OH and I am obsessed with Chipotle. SO GOOD! I am digging that song you are listening to!

Khushboo December 20, 2012 at 4:37 am

Thank you!Runs like that remind me why I love running despite the crappy ones :)!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 20, 2012 at 3:58 am

Okay I’m convinced that we would be great friends. We could go grab a cappa at Bux, follow that up with a slice of cake (I’d take the frosting, you can have the cake), and end the day with dinner at Chipotle. Their guac seriously is like crack, and I just can’t seem to get enough of their chicken… I was there pretty much every day while I was in Vegas, and I’m going through withdrawals since we don’t have one over here 🙁

Khushboo December 20, 2012 at 4:37 am

We would definitely be great friends although I’d probably request hitting up Chipotle before getting cake- I like to end on sweet 🙂

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish December 20, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Ahh, I’m so happy you were able to break your running hiatus in Hyde Park! I took a run there nearly every morning while I was living in London; it’s such a great place to people watch! 😉

I am SO with you on the cream cheese frosting – it’s absolutely the best. Like you, I’m definitely not a frosting person, in fact, I’m barely a cake person! However I make a huge exception for the cream cheese stuff. 😀

And since we’re already discussing delicious food…Chipotle’s guacamole is my kryptonite. I pop in there about twice/week *just* to buy several containers. The staff knows me by name, which is slightly embarrassing, but also has its perks: occasionally they’ll slip in an extra container for free (ssshh)! 🙂

Hope you’re having a lovely week, my friend! xoxo <3

Khushboo December 20, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Love that you buy the Chipotle guac separately- my kinda girl :)! Getting the occasional free container might be enough incentive for me to go back regularly :D!

Kat December 20, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Frosting and chipotle, two of my favorite things!! Im a total frosting addict. My husband eats his cake and leaves the frosting for me, then scoops it onto my plate for me to inhale. Its quite sad actually lol

Khushboo December 20, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Haha not sad at all…opposites truly do attract :)!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League December 20, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Recently discovered Downton Abbey and am fully OBSESSED. I’m only a few episodes into Season 2 so far, but I’m sure I’ll blow through the entire season very soon. And Chipotle guac is seriously like crack. Pretty sure I could live off that stuff.

Khushboo December 20, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Downton really is one of the best shows around- so jealous you have all of season 3 to watch next :)!

honeywhatscooking December 22, 2012 at 8:05 am

omg, i love chipotle.. just ate some last night. it’s the only fast food i can’t live without. they have a middle-eastern version of it called chickpea. omg, i love zara, and i’m telling you go crazy in london cuz the london zara is cheaper than both the US and India. 🙂

Khushboo December 22, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I LOVE Middle-Eastern food…perhaps even more so than Chipotle so I’m definitely going to be checking out Chickpea when I’m next on that side of the world :)!

Vandana December 23, 2012 at 9:31 am

Hey Khushboo, you’re in London and I went to Mumbai last week… there was some official work and coz of that, I got to meet my childhood buddies after 18 years… was so happy and jumping with joy for the whole of last week… went to Colaba and Siddhi Vinayak and Bandra too… Saw Shah Rukh Khan’s house at Bandstand… AND I got to celebrate my bestest chaddi-buddy’s bday after 18 years. After I reached there, I got to know that there is a reunion this week… so sad coz i met only a couple of my friends and there’ll be the rest of the gang meeting up this Friday…. still can’t seem to be on earth this week… still feel I’m on a high….
Hope your mom had a gr8 bday and enjoy your stay in London… Merry Christmas in Advance…

Khushboo December 23, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Glad to read that you had a wonderful time in Mumbai….it really is a great city, even better when you have a good bunch of friends there :)!