Wow…is it really already December tomorrow?! As cliché as it sounds, this month FLEW by. November’s definitely been a great month but I’m excited for December to start. But before it does, I want to recap on a few favourites from this past week:
1) Homemade applesauce: Diced apples cooked in water & cinnamon…3 simple ingredients yet one heavenly outcome! Doubt me all you want but I swear it’s like eating apple pie filling! On oats, mixed in yogurts, straight up on a spoon..I can’t get enough!
2) Savoury breakfasts: Maybe it’s because I overdid it with the desserts over the weekend but I have been all about the savoury breakfasts this week: a veggie sausage stir fry on Monday, scrambled eggs on Tuesday and an omelet yesterday! It’s definitely been a welcome change which I can see sticking!
3) London: I’m getting ahead of myself here, but just knowing I’m going to be back in less than a week makes me giddy! Although I’m not quite ready to be reunited with its painfully cold temperatures, I can’t wait to go back to this:
4) Starbucks soy cappuccinos: Everyone is all about the holiday drinks at Starbucks during this time of the year but I prefer to keep it classic: Soy cappuccino, extra hot! I feel like a coffee junkie but I almost need to get my fix daily…yes, need! For all those times I described Starbucks coffee as “sh!t”, I’m
eating drinking my words
5) Shawshank Redemption: As much as I love watching movies, I seemed to have missed out on so many of the classics: Titanic, Sound of Music, Cool Runnings, Forest Gump to name a few. Starting off with Shawshank Redemption, I’m on a mission to play catch-up. Although I’m 18 years late, I really enjoyed the movie. Tell me I’m not the only one who finds Morgan Freeman’s deep voice kinda soothing?
Share one (or more) of your favourites from this past week/month…