This might be the first time in a long while that I say this but thank goodness it’s Friday…finally! Tell me I’m not the only one who felt this week moved at snail’s pace. The gloomy weather outside didn’t help much either. All it makes me want to do is stay in bed with a cuppa tea and watch movies all day long. If ever I deserved a medal, it would be now for resisting the urge to pull a sickie ;).
So after months of not understanding the hype around Instagram, I finally jumped on the bandwagon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Instagram, come out of your rock…just kidding :)! It’s basically a photo-sharing app that provides users with 11 different filters which can be manipulated to ramp up the appeal of their photos. In other words, it makes you feel like a legit photographer.
It’s safe to say that I’m already addicted to changing the lighting of my photos, and regularly contemplate what to upload next. Although you can follow me @kthadani, here are some of my recent Instas:
And of course last night’s dinner:
It was one of those dinners which the ratio of the time spent making it to taste wasn’t on par. In other words, it tasted AMAZING considering it took all of 12 minutes to make. Vegetarians & carnivores: choose your sausages accordingly:
Balsamic Sausage, Pear, & Feta Stir Fry
- 2 sausages, sliced (I used vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup Onions sliced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Green beans
- 1/2 cup Broccoli florets
- 1/3 Pear, chopped into half-inch cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons crumbled Feta
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the sausages according to packet directions, and then set aside
- In a separate skillet over medium heat, stir fry the onions. When translucent, add in the broccoli, pear and green beans.
- Sautée the above for 2-3 minutes and then add in the mushrooms. Continue tossing and cooking for a couple minutes, just until the pear & vegetables are barely tender yet still crisp.
- Add the cooked sausages and pour over 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Bring it to a simmer and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Once the balsamic has reduced, top with feta and serve with your carb of choice.
Are you an Instagram user? If so, leave a comment with your username…
What have you been cooking lately?