Picture PeAr-fect

by Khushboo on July 6, 2012

This might be the first time in a long while that I say this but thank goodness it’s Friday…finally!  Tell me I’m not the only one who felt this week moved at snail’s pace.  The gloomy weather outside didn’t help much either. All it makes me want to do is stay in bed with a cuppa tea and watch movies all day long.  If ever I deserved a medal, it would be now for resisting the urge to pull a sickie ;) .

So after months of not understanding the hype around Instagram, I finally jumped on the bandwagon.  For those of you who aren’t familiar with Instagram, come out of your rock…just kidding :) !  It’s basically a photo-sharing app that provides users with 11 different filters which can be manipulated to ramp up the appeal of their photos.  In other words, it makes you feel like a legit photographer.

It’s safe to say that I’m already addicted to changing the lighting of my photos, and regularly contemplate what to upload next. Although you can follow me @kthadani, here are some of my recent Instas:

The love of my life

Yogurt & wine: fridge essentials

How to save a life

And of course last night’s dinner:

Balsamic Sausage, Pear, & Feta Stir Fry with Quinoa

It was one of those dinners which the ratio of the time spent making it to taste wasn’t on par. In other words, it tasted AMAZING considering it took all of 12 minutes to make. Vegetarians & carnivores: choose your sausages accordingly:

Balsamic Sausage, Pear, & Feta Stir Fry

• 2 sausages, sliced  (I used vegetarian)
  • 1/4 cup Onions sliced
  • 1/2 cup Mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 cup Green beans
  • 1/2 cup Broccoli florets
  • 1/3 Pear, chopped into half-inch cubes
  • 2-3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
  • 1-2 tablespoons crumbled Feta
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  1. Cook the sausages according to packet directions, and then set aside
  2. In a separate skillet over medium heat, stir fry the onions.  When translucent, add in the broccoli, pear and green beans.
  3. Sautée the above for 2-3 minutes and then add in the mushrooms.  Continue tossing and cooking for a couple minutes, just until the pear & vegetables are barely tender yet still crisp.
  4. Add the cooked sausages and pour over 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.  Bring it to a simmer and season with salt & pepper to taste.
  5. Once the balsamic has reduced, top with feta and serve with your carb of choice.

Sans feta for those vegan/lactose-intolerant

Are you an Instagram user?  If so, leave a comment with your username…

What have you been cooking lately?

Sable Weisman (@SquatLikeALady) July 6, 2012 at 6:50 pm

This looks delicious!!!!!! Great way to sneak veggies in for picky eaters too!

Khushboo Thadani July 7, 2012 at 3:25 pm

For sure…and hey anything with cheese on it is bound to be tasty right ;) !

Alex @ therunwithin July 6, 2012 at 6:59 pm

that stir fry looks so good, I love instagram but lately I have been having some trouble with it.

Khushboo Thadani July 7, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I heard it went down a few days ago so maybe that has something to do with it?

Chelsea A (@1healthmunchkin) July 6, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Hahaha I love that shot of your fridge! :D

Also that stir fry is so creative – I never would have thought to pair all those flavours together! But I love adding fruit to my dinners like that.

Khushboo Thadani July 7, 2012 at 3:26 pm

You would love it- it definitely adds a nice hint of sweetness!

sprint2thetable July 6, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Hooray for joining Instagram! Welcome to the addiction. :)

Khushboo Thadani July 7, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Hahaha addiction is the only word I can use to describe it ;) !

Honey What's Cooking July 7, 2012 at 12:46 am

wow, you really love instagram K, don’t ya? i don’t know, i didn’t get into it the same way… i’m in love with pinterest, but Instagram is a bit slow. Just don’t know what I can possibly take pictures of. I know, I’m soooooooooooo happy it’s FRIDAY!!! So sad we live for the weekends, every day should be a gift. :-)

Khushboo Thadani July 7, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Hahaha trust me I felt the same but chances are once you start, you won’t stop! And the good thing is that it’s not as much a time sucker as Pinterest ;) !

Kailey July 7, 2012 at 2:08 am

Feta always adds so much flavor :) Lovely looking dish!!

Khushboo Thadani July 7, 2012 at 3:28 pm

So true, especially as it’s so salty!

Tessa Merrick (@Tessa8m) July 7, 2012 at 3:19 am

Woot Happy Friday indeed girl! I am still needing to jump on the instragam bandwagon too, although you are convincing me further to do so with these pictures! GREAT recipe too, feta is sooo so good, so flavorful :)

Khushboo Thadani July 7, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Haha just don’t say that I didn’t warn you about it being addictive ;) !

Sig July 7, 2012 at 4:47 am

Hahahah @ How to save a life. I had to look at it twice and then just got it lol.

Welcome to Instagram. It WILL take over your life (but in a good way). Trust me – I can’t have a meal these days without taking a photo and applying a fancy filter and then sharing it with the world :P

Khushboo Thadani July 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Hahah I’m glad somebody appreciates my lameness! What’s your Instagram handle? You know I’m always happy to look at other people’s meals :) !

sonalii1988 July 7, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Eee we have mutual friends (maneka!) :D So need an iphone so i can get into this hype of instagram, the pictures always look so good. Especially the first one, that baby is a cutie patootie! :)

Khushboo Thadani July 8, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Maneka is such a dear friend of mine :) ! Hope you guys have the best time on the cruise!

Brittany July 8, 2012 at 4:35 am

I loveee the pear addition to your dinner!! YUM! I don’t use instagram all that much..I have one, but have maybe 6 pictures on there. Most of my pictures don’t fit when I go to edit them hah.

Khushboo Thadani July 8, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I’m not surprised…they need to be slightly more generous with the frame size!!

Living, Learning, Eating July 8, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I still haven’t jumped on the instagram bandwagon, mostly because I don’t have an iPhone. I do wish I had it for photographing eat when I’m out and about, or even just taking cool pictures of things in the City!

Khushboo Thadani July 8, 2012 at 5:53 pm

It’s so convenient to have when I’m out…in fact I haven’t even used my regular camera since I switched to iPhone!

Sarah July 9, 2012 at 12:51 am

I would never have thought to use pear in a stir fry, but thinking about it, it sounds delicious!

Khushboo Thadani July 9, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Definitely give it a shot- it added a nice hint of sweetness :) !

IHeartVegetables July 9, 2012 at 8:46 am

Hahaha yogurt and wine! What more does a fridge need? ;)

YES I’m on instagram! I’m iheartveggies :)

Khushboo Thadani July 9, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Hahah I’m glad you concur! Will look you up on Insta :) !

Renee Andrea Reddy July 10, 2012 at 3:52 am

Now I know you have your priorities in life set up right, yoghurt and wine for the win :) Your instagram photos are so cute…that ‘lil munchkin baby takes the cake though! This recipe sounds delicious…I really haven’t been able to jump onto the balsamic bandwagon but will try it again for this recipe…easy and good for you…another win :)

Khushboo Thadani July 11, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Omg please jump on it asap…I am addicted to the balsamic, to the point that a bottle has permanently found its way in my drawer at work!

Nikhita November 8, 2013 at 6:50 am

I just made this!! AMAZING and so filling with quinoa :D

Khushboo November 8, 2013 at 8:33 am

Woo thanks for reminding me to make it for myself…it’s been far too long! Glad you enjoyed it :)