It’s official: I need to buy shares in Apple. I looked at my bed last night and saw this sprawled across:
Add any more to the above and it’ll be iBroke.
I made the switch to an iPhone on Saturday and since then, I have acted like a kid with a Gameboy…or whatever this century’s equivalent is. Over the past 5 days, I’ve pretty much eaten my words: this is hands-down one of the most superior gadgets I have ever spent money on. It’s not a phone: it’s a mini computer that allows you to make phone calls…which are free thanks to the Viber app ;)!
I am not even going to list all the apps and features which I love about it because it would take too long. I will, however, tell you one thing about the iPhone which has been a Godsend. And no, that’s not being able to play Words With Friends on the go.
Thanks to the phone’s camera, gone are the days where I want to blog abut a certain dish, and then spend ages taking countless pictures in order to get the right lighting. One touch and I’ve got the perfect shot. On that note, here’s my first “iPhone” recipe: Puy Lentil Salad.
You know how eating certain foods automatically makes you feel virtuous? This is definitely one of those, and it tastes fantastic too, so really it’s a win-win!
Puy Lentil Salad
- 90g Puy lentils (uncooked)
- 3 Tablespoons carrots, chopped and blanched
- 3 Tablespoons onions, sautéed
- Large handful of chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed (or 2 tablespoons chopped celery)
- 1/2 garlic clove minced (or 1/2 – 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and lemon to taste
- Boil the lentils for about 15-18 minutes, or until it becomes firm.
- Drain out the water and rinse the lentils under cold water. Refrigerate.
- Once the lentils have cooled, add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill & garnish with parsley prior to serving.
Just for the record, I haven’t yet dabbled with Instagram but I can only bet that it will contribute to my iPhone APP-reciation ;)!
Are you an Apple convert? If so, what do you love about it? If not, it’s just a matter of time…mark my words!