…and now try and say that 5 times fast ;)! I’ve spent about 10 minutes trying to think of a way to open up this post and I’ve got zilch. So rather than make small talk, let’s get right down to it:
1) Suzette: Although I hadn’t been to this crêperie in quite a few months, I seem to have made up for it over this past week: I’ve eaten there 3 times in less than 7 days! Made from organic buckwheat flour, every crepe on the menu sounds better than the next. My current favorite is the Pays (grilled chicken, chevre goat cheese & caramelized onions ) with a soy café frappé (glorified terminology for an iced coffee).
2) Drop Dead Healthy: A.J. Jacobs chronicles his 2+ yearlong series of personal experiments, with which he aims to become “the healthiest man in the world”. In addition to the actual content, Jacobs’ conversational style of writing has me hooked. Between wearing noise cancelling headphones around his home and soaking all his produce in a solution of water, hydrogen peroxide and vinegar before eating it, the author goes beyond just tackling his diet and fitness levels to reach his goal. Although I’m only halfway through, I have no doubt that the remainder of the book will be as entertaining, if not more.
3) Clif Mojo Bars: When it comes to “healthy” snack bars, I’ve tried a fair few till date. Some are a hit whereas others are taste like, pardon my French, ass. Although it’s quite a bold statement to make, I think Cliff Mojo bars might be my new favorite, specifically the “White Chocolate & Macadamia Nut” flavor. With at least 8 grams of protein and 200 or less cals per bar, these bars are an ideal on-the-go snack.
4) Portable Table: I have a terrible habit of doing everything on my bed. Whether I’m watching TV, using my laptop, or eating my dinner, I am probably lying down. I know I am not doing my digestion or posture any favors but comfort first ;)! Check out my mom’s “solution” to my habit:
….Peace out radiation and crumbs!
5) 10K Run for Tathapi: I can’t believe the time has already come! As of 2:30 pm Mumbai time, I will be starting this global run to raise funds. It’s part of a fundraising initiative to help the NGO Tathapi kick-start their dream for a Health Resource Centre for Women in India. I am psyched to say the least. Rather than a go in with a time goal, I just want to have fun with it and finish strong. It’s not too late to donate so please help us make this dream possible. Donations can be made here and we would be extremely grateful!
What are you loving this week?