Even though Christmas is only 3 days away, my family and I don’t celebrate the holiday per say as we are Hindu. However I did suggest my immediate family and I exchange presents just for the novelty factor. Nonetheless my email went ignored and confirmed I am related to a bunch of Grinches ;)! That all being said, the holiday feeling is still in full swing, friends & family keep flying into town, and I am loving every second of it.
Other than the occasional Christmas carol that plays on the radio, you know it’s the holidays when…
1) You keep getting emails from companies like Amazon with the subject line “It’s not too late”
2) Suddenly tea & cookies become an acceptable snack
3) You inevitably dress up a bit more to work in case a plan comes up afterwards
4) You eat out of FUNger rather than hunger…i.e you eat merely for the fun of it
5) “What’s your plan for New Years” has become a conversation starter.
6) Friends/family members on your Blackberry Messenger & Facebook keep updating their statuses with various locations
7) The streets are more lit up than normal
8 ) Your priorities seem to change and routine is thrown out of whack
9) Your gym is near empty at rush hour…not that I’m complaining 😉
10) You go to sleep in a good mood and wake up in a good mood
Happy Holidays to you and your family- hope the next week or so are both special and most enjoyable!
Finish the sentence: “You know it’s the holidays when_______________”