Brown paper bag: week 3

by Khushboo on September 1, 2011

It’s no surprise that I have a thing for a breakfast- ok I lie, I kinda love it.  Whether it’s oatmeal, yogurt, pancakes or eggs breakfast is one of those meals that can come together in a matter of minutes.  Plus it’s always delicious and an acceptable excuse to indulge my craving for sweet carbs ;).  While I’m all for variety, sometimes the idea of eating breakfast twice in one day is too exciting to pass up.  The heart stomach wants what it wants and if that means breakfast for lunch, who am I to put up a fight?

Packed Lunch: Breakfast Edition

To satisfy my savory craving, I set a date with Huge Jass:

Things heated up when I whipped out the salsa:

Now for the real reason why I was looking forward to lunch: Peanut butter & banana oatmeal pancake, calzone style

Oh no I di-int…oh yes I did :)! These pancakes are a fool-proof recipe: they always create fluffy pancakes that actually stick to my ribs for a fair few hours.  I-Hop who?

Packed up and ready to go:

Another lunch bites the dust 🙂

**For those who missed my tips for packing lunches, you can take a look at them here**

Who shares my sentiments towards breakfast?

runningismagical September 1, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Hmm. I love ALL breakfast foods, including (or especially) the ones that require all the time/prep such as bacon, pancakes, omelettes. I also like it bc it jump starts your day!

Sara K September 1, 2011 at 11:43 pm

OhmyGod I love breakfast, it’s why I suck at sleeping in in fact! Pancakes, puffins, yogurts, omelettes, fried eggs, anything sweet n cakey, fruit…mmmmmmm.
Hah and pancake calzone…i love i love

Errign September 1, 2011 at 11:48 pm

I freaking love breakfast. I honestly don’t understand HOW people can skip it!

The Healthy Engineer September 2, 2011 at 1:05 am

You are going to inspire me through college!!! I neeed to cook rather than just eat fruits, bread and hummus all day long. OH and whatever free food I can find -__-

Priyanka September 2, 2011 at 6:38 am

I have mentioned this before, but I have been one of those people guilty of skipping breakfasts. I don’t do it anymore…no really 🙂

spinach&spice September 2, 2011 at 7:19 am

breakfast for breakfast (hah), lunch, and dinner. now THAT would be a dream come true.
Unfortunately the rest of my family does not share this interest, and I get stuck making them “dinner” foods. How boring!

jenandberries September 2, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I agree!!! It’s weird how breakfast is the quickest to make yet nearly always the most satisfying and yummiest meal. Ah man hugh jass (so didn’t understand this term for like a month of reading blogs!) and pancakes together sounds near perfect. I ca’t wait to use these lunches when I’m out on teaching prac, thanks Khushboo 😀

Maneka Chotirmall September 3, 2011 at 10:13 am

Breakfast is by far my FAVORITE meal of the day! 🙂 I want to sleep quickly at night so I can wake up and eat 😉

lovetotrain September 3, 2011 at 11:49 am

breakfast is my very reason for getting up in the morning! its also my reason for going to bed all excited..i know something AMAZING is gonna happen in just a few hours! Cool to someone else who eats pancakes for lunch 🙂
Great blog!