London tidbits

by Khushboo on November 23, 2016

Hey guys! I’m writing this on the flight back to Mumbai from London. The past week has been incredible celebrating my cousin’s wedding, catching up with friends & family, eating ALL of London’s yumminess and just soaking up the city to the max.  It’s been a while since we caught up so let’s chat…

Oxford Street Christmas Lights

• I know many people dread travel but I actually love the whole process (aside from the packing bit). Between the duty free shopping and being cut off from the world for a decent amount of time, there’s something extremely therapeutic about long-haul flights. Eat, sleep, watch TV, read and repeat…it doesn’t get better!
  • Acclimatisation totally exists.  Lord knows how I lived in London for so many years because it sure gets cold.  Some days I can literally feel it in my bones. While I did enjoy the change of weather, I’m not sure I could hack even a couple of degrees colder.
  • That being said, there’s something so magical about London in the winter. The lights, window displays, Christmas decor and festive overload left me feeling so warm & fuzzy.

Cartier Christmas

• Have you guys heard of the new TV show Younger? It’s made by the same director as Sex And The City. I watched a fair few episodes on my flight to London and would recommend it if you’re looking to get into a light-hearted show. Chances are I will probably watch another few after I finish up this post.
  • Can we talk about the launch of Pip & Nut’s new nut butter tubs: 1 kg of pure almond butter goodness! Obviously I snatched up a tub to enjoy in Bombay! This should last me a few days ;)!

Pip & Nut

• Does anyone else consider avocado toast to be a bit like salads and eggs? You know how to make it yet it tastes so much better when someone else does it for you. Over the weekend I particularly enjoyed the avo toast served at Fego on St John’s Wood High Street & Daisy Green in Marylebone.

Daisy Green Breakfast Platter

• One of the main aspects I miss about London is how walk-friendly the city is.  Without even trying, I was getting in an average of about 14,000 steps daily. Let’s chalk that up as my cardio for the week ;)! After taking the week off from strength training, I’m looking forward to getting back in the groove this weekend!
  • Plane food is never my jam which is why I am carrying plenty of food on board. If you’re in London, check out these salad pots from Marks & Spencer. They have so many different varieties and at a steal too: 2 pots for £3.  I also could resist picking up at the airport a packet of Pret a Manger’s kale chips and a bar of their dark chocolate with sea salt – so freakin’ good!

M & S Salad Pot

On that note, it’s time to tuck into lunch!

What’s one dish you always order when out….even though you can easily make it yourself?

What TV show are you currently watching?

Ayushi November 23, 2016 at 2:12 pm

I’m currently watching “This Is Us”, which you’d absolutely love K! Also agreed about the therapeutic aspect of long-haul flights, I have a special playlist to listen to on-board too! Looks like you had such a wonderful time in London, this post definitely got me into the festive spirit of things 🙂 xx

Khushboo November 27, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Hopefully the festive feeling rubs off in Bombay soon!Definitely going to check out “This is Us”!

Zainab November 23, 2016 at 3:11 pm

I love younger and also This is us. Secretly, hope that Liza & Charles get together:))!
I’m heading to London in two days & im beyond excited to enjoy the city!

Khushboo November 27, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Haha I’m Team Charles too…at least for now!!

dixya @food, pleasure, and health November 23, 2016 at 5:23 pm

im hoping to visit London for my 3-0 in March, will definitely keep you posted. i usually can’t pass avo-toast or parfait at cafes even though i can easily make it at home.

Khushboo November 27, 2016 at 1:07 pm

London sounds like the perfect place to ring in a new decade!! Parfaits are enough great example of a dish that tastes so much better when out!

Chelsea A November 24, 2016 at 6:51 am

I can’t deal with the cold either – I’m shuddering at the thought that I have over 4 more months of this weather eeeek.

Haha I know what you mean about avocado toast!

Khushboo November 27, 2016 at 1:07 pm

I can’t even imagine how cold it gets in Canada- brrr!!

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape November 24, 2016 at 8:46 am

I am one of those annoying people who refuse to pay for anything I can make just as good, if not better, at home. So my go to’s for breakfast out are things like eggs benedict (never made a hollondaise) or an ommlette stuffed with ingredients I never have to hand.
I’m currently watching Scandal – it frustrates me so much but I love it! Ha!

Khushboo November 27, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Haha Scandal is just one of those TV shows which I never got into- I’m probably the only person in the world!!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig November 24, 2016 at 2:50 pm

I was in London for a few days last week on my way back to Australia and I couldn’t believe how cold it was either! I literally couldn’t sleep one night because I was too cold. I’m so glad I’m missing the whole of winter haha I totally love long haul flights too. There’s something so nice about being uncontactable for such a long time, with no expectations to do work or anything. Glad you made it home safely!

Khushboo November 27, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Haha I strategically plan my trips so that the longer ones are spent over the summer in London!!

salma November 25, 2016 at 1:53 am

I’ll have to check out Younger since I loved Sex in the City!

Khushboo November 27, 2016 at 1:09 pm

You must Salma – I think you’d love it :)!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets November 28, 2016 at 8:34 pm

London is definitely on my bucket list.

Khushboo December 8, 2016 at 10:50 am

It should be on everyone’s bucket list!!

P November 29, 2016 at 10:44 am

Wow 1KG of almond butter?! I’d probably get through that in a few days, haha! Even less if it was nutella! I’ve been watching Younger as well…a very light-hearted, fun watch indeed.

Khushboo December 8, 2016 at 10:51 am

Haha Nutella is dangerous to have around ;)!

Nisha @ Honey What's Cooking December 2, 2016 at 4:55 am

Nice post K. I love your London ramblings. Christmas time in London is like Christmas time in NYC, it’s magical. I actually love to order Avocado Toast when out even though i can make it so easily at home. Watching a lot of news, I’m scared of the world we live in. 🙁

Khushboo December 8, 2016 at 10:51 am

Thanks Nisha! Spending Christmas in NYC is on my bucket list- hopefully sooN!!