Hey guys! I’m writing this on the flight back to Mumbai from London. The past week has been incredible celebrating my cousin’s wedding, catching up with friends & family, eating ALL of London’s yumminess and just soaking up the city to the max. It’s been a while since we caught up so let’s chat…
- I know many people dread travel but I actually love the whole process (aside from the packing bit). Between the duty free shopping and being cut off from the world for a decent amount of time, there’s something extremely therapeutic about long-haul flights. Eat, sleep, watch TV, read and repeat…it doesn’t get better!
- Acclimatisation totally exists. Lord knows how I lived in London for so many years because it sure gets cold. Some days I can literally feel it in my bones. While I did enjoy the change of weather, I’m not sure I could hack even a couple of degrees colder.
- That being said, there’s something so magical about London in the winter. The lights, window displays, Christmas decor and festive overload left me feeling so warm & fuzzy.
- Have you guys heard of the new TV show Younger? It’s made by the same director as Sex And The City. I watched a fair few episodes on my flight to London and would recommend it if you’re looking to get into a light-hearted show. Chances are I will probably watch another few after I finish up this post.
- Can we talk about the launch of Pip & Nut’s new nut butter tubs: 1 kg of pure almond butter goodness! Obviously I snatched up a tub to enjoy in Bombay! This should last me a few days ;)!
- Does anyone else consider avocado toast to be a bit like salads and eggs? You know how to make it yet it tastes so much better when someone else does it for you. Over the weekend I particularly enjoyed the avo toast served at Fego on St John’s Wood High Street & Daisy Green in Marylebone.
- One of the main aspects I miss about London is how walk-friendly the city is. Without even trying, I was getting in an average of about 14,000 steps daily. Let’s chalk that up as my cardio for the week ;)! After taking the week off from strength training, I’m looking forward to getting back in the groove this weekend!
- Plane food is never my jam which is why I am carrying plenty of food on board. If you’re in London, check out these salad pots from Marks & Spencer. They have so many different varieties and at a steal too: 2 pots for £3. I also could resist picking up at the airport a packet of Pret a Manger’s kale chips and a bar of their dark chocolate with sea salt – so freakin’ good!
On that note, it’s time to tuck into lunch!
What’s one dish you always order when out….even though you can easily make it yourself?
What TV show are you currently watching?