You know what food is so underrated? Tortilla wraps! As cliché as it sounds, they definitely are the best thing since sliced bread ;)! For the past month, tortilla wraps have featured in my diet at least once daily. Sweet, savoury, burritos, tortilla pizzas or just a plain ol’ sandwich wrap, they are incredibly versatile! Lately I’ve been hooked on them in the form of quesadillas, more specifically Vegan Quesadillas since I’m still trying to minimise my dairy intake when possible.
As much as I do love cheese, these taste so legit without it! These Vegan Quesadillas are incredibly quick & easy to make…and something which you need to have in your life since like yesterday! I mean, elaborate meals are nice and all but let’s be real: AINT NOBODY GAT TIME FO’ DAT!
Vegan Quesadillas – Serves 1
1) Assemble your ingredients: wholemeal wrap, sliced mushrooms, zucchini discs, olives, hummus, and mustard.
2) Coat a skillet with cooking spray or olive oil and place over medium heat. Once heated, add the veggies and sauté for 3 minutes on each side, until slightly charred. Season with garlic powder, dried Italian herbs & salt.
3) Place a wrap on a plate and top one half with sautéed veggies & olives. On the other half, generously spread hummus & mustard.
4) Fold wrap in half and return to the same skillet you used for sautéing the veggies. On low heat, pan fry the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy.
5) Transfer quesadilla to a plate. Using a pizza cutter (or knife) slice into wedges & serve with remaining veggies. To balance out the meal and make it more filling overall, add in a serving of protein. I usually add grilled tofu or a not-so-vegan omelet.
Aaaand that’s a wrap ;)! If you guys love quesadillas as much as I do, be sure to check out the recipe of an old favorite: Egg White & Cheddar Quesadilla:
What’s your favorite way to eat a wrap?
What’s for lunch today?