Hi guys! Given I have quite a bit of travel coming up over the next few weeks, I’ve really been embracing home cooked meals and spending time in my kitchen. Although I’ve been sharing quite a few recipes on the blog lately like my K Weigh Penne alla Vodka, I’ve also been bringing back old favourites. I tend to go through phases of eating the same handful of meals repeatedly and then wean them out as soon as boredom kicks in. When I recently posted pictures of these old favorites on Instagram & Facebook, I received recipe requests so hopefully this post benefits new readers and/or long-time readers who perhaps missed the recipes when I posted them back in the day:
- My appetite has been rather weird lately. Normally I wake up ready to eat but these last couple of weeks, I’ve been waking up with little to no hunger at all. Rather than force food into me, I’ve been eating an apple say around 8/8.30 AM before my workout and then digging into brunch afterwards…preferably savoury! I blogged about these Egg White & Cheddar Quesadillas over a year ago and completely forgot how much I enjoy eating them- easy cheesy goodness! Their carb to protein ratio also makes them the perfect post-workout fuel. Depending on my mood, I alternate between feta, edam & cheddar- wild I know!
- After dusting off my waffle maker to make the Baby-Friendly Sweet Potato & Cheddar Waffle I posted some time ago, my waffle maker has been getting plenty of action. If I’m craving waffles on the sweet side, my High-Protein Oatmeal Waffles are a no-brainer. Topping choices are infinite but some of my favorites include nut butter, Greek yogurt, applesauce, banana slices & toasted coconut flakes.
- Speaking of nut butter, I almost feel like a traitor to admit that I’ve recently been enjoying homemade almond butter sliiiightly more than peanut butter. I know the idea of making nut butter at home can seem laborious but I assure you, all it takes is 5 minutes, your choice of nuts, a somewhat powerful blender & salt. I don’t add oil as after a few minutes of blitzing, the nuts start to release their natural oils which adds creaminess. Word of advice: roast your nuts beforehand for a more enhanced (read: yum) flavor.
- Given how basic Pizza Tartine is, I cringe even calling this a recipe but it is what it is. Every celebration calls for pizza and this has been my go-to when celebrating Meatless Monday.
- These Guacamole Devilled Eggs are a twist on the Hummus Devilled Eggs I posted a few summers ago. Unlike the original recipe, I left out the egg yolk & instead added a dollop of guac to the centre of each egg white half. Whether you’re entertaining guests, looking for a more satisfying & filling snack option or just love guac, these bad boys are for you!
What have you guys been eating lately for breakfast? Lunch? Snacks?