Weekend Countdown: 10/04

by Khushboo on October 4, 2013

TGIF guys!  Is it me or did September get over way too fast?!  I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t psyched that we are already in October though- lots of fun things coming up, both this month and the rest of the year.  But before I get ahead of myself, let’s focus on the weekend coming up…countdown style:

3 Delicious Eats:

• I know red meat is often stigmatized as it’s not lean, but moderate doses does a body good…at least my body!  This Provencal Lamb Ragout with Pappardelle from Table certainly delivered…both in terms of iron & taste!

photo 1

• As I’m still trying to minimize my soy intake , this Teriyaki Tofu Stir-Fry with Brown Rice was an exception…and tasted rather exceptional too!

photo 2

• I quote the lady behind me in the queue: “Some people turn Pinkberry into an art”…I am one of those people.  This here is half original & half chocolate.  Toppings are: sea salt on the chocolate (try it!), pomegranate on the original and almond flakes & shaved coconut on both!

photo 3

2 Guilty Pleasures:

• Watching countless episodes of Mistresses. This show is so trashy yet so addictive.  Sadly I am now counting down till the next season, whenever that may be.

Mistresses

• Flicking through E-Cards

Swag 1 Thing I’m Looking Forward to:

• LONDON!
Hello, Hyde Park <3

Hello, Hyde Park <3

I am heading back on Sunday and am finding it hard to control my excitement…so I won’t!  As much as I love living in Mumbai, going back and seeing my friends/family there and just soaking up all the city has to offer is always a treat.  Before the fun starts, I better start tackling the bane of my existence: PACKING!

Have a great weekend :)!

What’s the best meal you ate this week?

What show are you hooked on?

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com October 4, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Oh My – I am HOKED on Mistresses too – I have to agree with ya, it IS trashy, but so addictive! Did you get to the season finale? Do you have a fav character?
And that Fro yo – seriously want some NOW,but dont think any place is open at 4.42 am 🙂
Best meal this week would be these pumpkin chocolate breakfast bars I made – topped with peanut butter – they were so yummy.
I am hooked on Nashville right now-have you seen it? since Mistresses is over for the season.
So glad you get to visit your family and friends – wishing you a fun and safe trip!

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Ahh the finale was SO good…I can’t wait to see what happens next! It’s so hard to choose just one favorite so I’ll tell you which I don’t like- Karen…her character drives me nuts! What about you?

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com October 7, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Oh My – I cannot wait either!!!
Karen is my least fav too, it’s hard for me to pick a fav too…but I think “Savy” would be – if I had to make a choice ….

Khushboo October 7, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Savy is awesome- did you ever watch the show Who’s the Bos back in the day? She was the little girl!

Arman @ thebigmansworld October 4, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Sea salt on chocolate- I knew I liked you for some reason 😉

Damn the shunning of red meat- nothing beats some good quality red meat- and besides the iron is a plus! Best meal I’ve eaten this week- maybe noodles? I can’t even remember!

Have a BLAST in London- I hope we get some updates while your there! Please go to snog for me 😉

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Ah I love that you know SNOG- it was my favorite fro yo place there up until Pinkberry opened up!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 4, 2013 at 4:19 pm

One of these days we’re going to have to plan a meeting in London. It’s been on my travel bucket list forever, just like you’re on my blogger bucket list 😛 Ooooone of these days…

The best meal I ate this week. Oh boy. Is it sad that I can barely even remember what I did this week? 😆 It’s been a bit of a blur after the excitement of being on the road, so I’m just going to go with what’s fresh in my mind: an apple cinnamon bread pudding that I whipped up yesterday. Gooood times.

Happy Friday, lady!!

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Oooh here’s hoping that plan happens sooner rather than later :)! I want to come over for a slice of that pudding..please and thank you!

Ksenija @ Health Ninja October 4, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Oh, happy for your London trip – especially since we are going to see quite some pictures 😉 and I really don’t get why the health community is bullying red meat. Especially the wild types like rabbit, venison and also lamb have so many health benefits. I’ve been severely iron deficient a while ago and ever since I always try to go for red meat when I eat out in a restaurant (I am not so good at preparing it myself).

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I’m the same with cooking red meat- I rather get my fix when I’m out! Have you tried venison? It’s too.die.for!

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables October 4, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Ok I MUST try sea salt on chocolate fro you! That sounds amazing!

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Ah lemme know how MUCH you love it…because I know you will 😀

Alex @ therunwithin October 4, 2013 at 5:15 pm

have a great weekend as well!

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Thanks, Alex!

Parita @ myinnershakti October 4, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I love this time of year – upcoming holidays and the start of a whole new year!

The best thing I ate this week was definitely the tofu ricotta stuffed shells I made. YUM!

And I am really loving Big Bang Theory this season. SO funny!

And safe travels to London!

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Big Bang Theory never fails to crack me up- who’s your favorite?

z October 4, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I loved mistresses, took me two-three days to finish the series.London sounds so good. London was my first love. I actually went every year for 6 years. I know Oxford street by heart. Since my fav hotel regent palace @ piccadily shut down (2007 Jan 1st- actually witnessed it, was hard to move to Le Meridian on 1/1/07) London has not been the same.
But–I miss it all the time. Last two visits were different locations. In fact someone at boots told us that ‘travel lodge’ will be opening there, but there is this huge shoe shop there now.

Have fun 🙂

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Ah London’s constantly changing- am always amazed with how much keeps opening upon every visit back!

Lisa October 4, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I’ve been wanting to watch Mistresses after hearing a few friends talk it up last weekend!
It kind of looks like a good one.
Sea salted chocolate is amazing!! I swear it just makes the flavours that much more delicious. Something about it really works.
And yay for heading back to London on Sunday! That’s one of the places I’d love to travel to one day!

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:10 pm

You are so right about sea salt- it definitely helps bring out the flavor of certain foods, especially caramel 😀

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 4, 2013 at 6:20 pm

sea salt on chocolate is pretty much perfection. Clearly, you know how to do froyo well :-p And i’m so jealous of your London trip! It’s on my bucket list of places to travel, for sure.

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:10 pm

What can I say- fro yo is kinda my forte 😉

dixya| food, pleasure, and health October 4, 2013 at 8:07 pm

i had fro-yo last night too- usually i try to put some fruits but last night was just chocolate, salted caramel pretzels, cake batter – probably the best thing I ate this week. Have a great time in London 🙂 I am flying to Nepal tomorrow as well.. so much to look forward too.

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:10 pm

CAKE BATTER FRO YOU…..whaaaaaat- that sounds in-sayne! Safe travels to Nepal 😀

Davida @ The Healthy Maven October 4, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Well if you’re ever looking for a new career it looks like pinkberry artist is always an option…and YES to sea salt! Except on vanilla for me 🙂

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:11 pm

They wouldn’t even have to pay me in cash- unlimited fro yo would do 😉

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl October 4, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I LOVE Mistresses!! I can’t wait until it comes back on!

Khushboo October 4, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Me too!!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig October 5, 2013 at 1:37 am

I’ve never heard of Mistresses – do I spy Alyssa Milano?

Yay for London and Pinkberry! I need my fro-yo buddy back 🙂

Khushboo October 5, 2013 at 10:31 am

Woooo I can’t wait to catch up :)! I’m away next weekend but shall we meet for 5 Guys after that?

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig October 5, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Definitely! The following week is my post-comp recovery week so I will have plenty of free time and a huge appetite 🙂

Khushboo October 6, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Yay…I’m already excited 😀

Honey What's Cooking October 5, 2013 at 9:12 am

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG… I love Mistresses… I missed the finale so I have to watch it online. Such a good show!!! It’s total trash, but so good. There is a new show that started here called Betrayal, same crap, so good!
Is that Lamb dish Greek? I guess you were talking about Table?
London will be so fun this time of year.

Khushboo October 5, 2013 at 10:32 am

The finale is SO good- ends on such a cliffhanger! I think the dish is a mix of Italian & Greek…yummy nonetheless :D!

P October 5, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I love Pinkberry! Surprisingly everyone I know prefers self-serve froyo over it, but I still love it!

Khushboo October 6, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Pinkbrry is my numero uno!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 6, 2013 at 7:28 am

I’m confused by people who DON’T understand that yogurt is an art. It’s such an easy thing to make pretty!

Khushboo October 6, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I guess only few of us have the skill 😉

Ameena October 6, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Have the most fantastic trip! So envious you get to go back already. I’m hoping for a trip in December but we’ll see if that happens due to Maya’s school.

Yesterday I took Maya to a place called “16 Handles.” She said it’s 1000 X better than Pinkberry. 🙂 That place is definitely Pinkberry squared.

Khushboo October 7, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Oooh I’ve only heard rave reviews about 16 Handles- although I’ve also heard that the Pinkberry topping bar in NYC is insayyyyne!!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli October 7, 2013 at 5:07 am

Love the idea of this post! And that lamb dish looks INSANE! I’ve only had lamb once and found it to be a little greasy, but I haven’t written it off just yet! Best meal I had this week was DEFINITELY the sushi buffet for dinner last night….mmm, SUSHIIIIIII in ma’ FACE! 😉 Totally hooked on catching up on New Girl and Switched at Birth on Netflix…actually, I’m watching SAB right now! 😀

Hope you have fun in London, girlie! And don’t worry, packing is the bane of my existence too…I always pack too much! Lol

Khushboo October 7, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Ooh please don’t rule out lamb! Some places serve it really fatty (which is gross) but the right kinds more than make up for it!! And I’m jealous about your sushi buffet- YUM!

Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets October 7, 2013 at 8:29 pm

You’re going back to London! That’s awesome; I’m so excited for you.
Confession: I like to pack because I it means making more lists. 😉

Khushboo October 8, 2013 at 11:16 am

Haha I won’t lie- I do love the ‘ticking off the list’ part that comes with packing 😉